Golden opportunity for a new league?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Golden opportunity for a new league?

There are a lot of folks really tired of Goodell and the NFL. They love the game, but are sick and tired of the same old foolishness from a league that doesn't seem to listen or really care about their fans other than to take their money.

Do you think a new league, with sound financial backing, without the watered down hitting, with real professional officials that train year round and much more reasonable pricing could make a go of it these days?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Golden opportunity for a new league?

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are a lot of folks really tired of Goodell and the NFL. They love the game, but are sick and tired of the same old foolishness from a league that doesn't seem to listen or really care about their fans other than to take their money.

Do you think a new league, with sound financial backing, without the watered down hitting, with real professional officials that train year round and much more reasonable pricing could make a go of it these days?

[/QUOTE]

Babe, as always i like our forward thinking approach. yes I'd like to see it tried again.  There a some markets out there ready for major league football.

heck Texas could probably support 3 teams alone.

I'd laugh if a new start up league put a team in London.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Personally I think the NFL is the best run league in sports by far.  Nothing is perfect, but I wish everything in the US ran even half as well as the NFL. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Personally I think the NFL is the best run league in sports by far.  Nothing is perfect, but I wish everything in the US ran even half as well as the NFL. 

[/QUOTE]

Except for the players, the league is as corrupt as any other big corporatist cartel. They are a few genuine owners who don't fit the mold, but as a whole, they are will squash out anyone that stands in their way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Lets call it the XFL...oh wait a second....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not even close. I agree with Babe. The NFL is at the bottom of well run leagues. If your criteria is profit margins etc then it's the best. There isn't much controversy in the other sports. Controversy comes from the machine trying to form the results to what they want. A new league, that would solve a lot of issues. Aren't stadiums owned people, not the league? Get them on board, and run the league like it should be run. Zero tolerance for corruption, or the personal wants of those who run it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

someone call Vince McMahon!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not even close. I agree with Babe. The NFL is at the bottom of well run leagues. If your criteria is profit margins etc then it's the best. There isn't much controversy in the other sports. Controversy comes from the machine trying to form the results to what they want. A new league, that would solve a lot of issues. Aren't stadiums owned people, not the league? Get them on board, and run the league like it should be run. Zero tolerance for corruption, or the personal wants of those who run it. 

[/QUOTE]

Its always corrupt when the pats lose. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

There isn't much controversy in the other sports.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.....Really??????????????? So the NBA & MLB are nice and clean huh?

Just wow.....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    We are actually tired of the whiney Patriots and their fans and wish yall would go back in the hole you came out of in 2001 when you professed to jump on the Patriots bandwagon and become a fan.

[/QUOTE]

I have no clue what you are talking about, you sir are an IDIOT and a MORON. Pats fans are some of the MOST LOYAL, CLASSY, and KNOLADGEABLE fans around. But you are too stupid to figure that out so you come on our board and insult us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There isn't much controversy in the other sports.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.....Really??????????????? So the NBA & MLB are nice and clean huh?

Just wow.....

[/QUOTE]

I agree I should have been clearer. In MLB, what rule of play has been changed to benefit a certain team in years? Hmmm? NFL its something new every year. Hockey I would argue is a fairly good sport as well, minus some aspects that I would like to see cleaned up. Basketball? I don't look at that as a sport. It's a joke. It's what the NFL is dangerously coming close to becoming.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It seems as soon as they started trying to legislate the game and the type of hits, the league has more injuries and concussions than ever. Is this the players trying to send a message? IDk, but the quality has def. gone down(officiating) and more players are hurt. Seems they should have left it alone. I mean I have seen far too many backup Qbs this year for my liking....smh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PRO

I am surprised about the content of your post.

The NFL is a well oiled marketing machine with premium athletes who get injured frequently. It is an uber-competitive, surivival of the fittest situation that is not the model of business that I ascribe to. Still, I am compelled by the drama of it as much as I am repelled by the pathos of it. I am glad everything is not run the way the NFL is run. I am glad I am not on a practice squad, making 5G per game and getting cut after 1 week after preparing my whole life to get to the NFL. I am glad I don't have a cronic brain syndrome; I am glad I am in my mid 60's and can still snowboard, swim, downhill mountain bike; if I had a career in the NFL none of that would still be open to me without artificial joints.