Good analysis of receivers...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Good analysis of receivers...

apologies if someone was already on this but I didn't see it anywhere. This is what I'm hoping for and I beleive it is entirely plausible

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/23729990/after-further-review-struggling-pats-offense-has-potential-to-be-great

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Good analysis of receivers...

this is more complete, but it's exactly what I have been saying

tB also is playing zone -revis is po d- I have been waiting to see kt and Dobson get off the line on revis - it is also not clear he is the same

I wish I could see the game

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Hmm. Heis right things will get better, these kids get open. 

But he's wrong on those last two plays. 

1.) Brady can't 'just wait'. That's not how progressions work. You throw to where the WR should be .... not to where he will be. Unless he wants Brady to assume Dobson is going to make a mistake on the route and hit his second target in the progression, it's 100% on Dobson. But then if he didn't throw it to Dobson people would be complaining that he didn't 'work the rookie into the game.' It's really cut and dried if you have even a basic understanding of the NFL pass progression system. 

2.) On the third one, which Prisco either leaves out because it doesn't suit his argument, or because he didn't actually watch the game and is working from overhead stills, is still on Dobson. He was not even looking for the ball. He came out of his break staring at the sidelines. He is option #2 on that play, and he is open. IF he were watching the ball he would have slowed down cut his route upfield a touch (the kind of minor adjustment WRs make on every single play) and it would have been a big gain. Watch the play on NFL.com ... the ball basically surprises a napping Dobson. Personally, I would have benched him after the play. 

But the larger point, that there are mistakes that are correctable and the athleticism of this group is better than it's been in seasons stands. That's a fact. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I've heard  3 Things on the blown TD pass

it was TB

It was Dobson

It was JE

Without the live tape it is too hard to be sure, As Bb says, there was certainly a mistake but sometimes you cannot know who

The big point is, there is room for optimism for the passing game.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The receivers were shockingly awful in game 1. 

The second Patriots game was a mess, with three days of preparation, no time to correct anything from the first game and a strong rainstorm too.  The Jets usually have a good to a great defense, although their offense could play better in size 34EEEE clown shoes (I saw those shoes in the catalog, right next to the size 56EEEEEE shoes).

I expect the worst 20%, maybe more, of the offenses to be cleaned up this Sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I expect improvement this Sunday as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They did have a long week, so there was signfiicant time to work on things that weren't done right in the Bills and Jets games.  Obviously, the short time between the Bills and Jets games didn't allow for a lot of refinement.