good bye Julian, hello Wes??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

good bye Julian, hello Wes??

If you look at the $$$, it is pretty obvious Wes will be released after this year. If he is on the Denver roster in March, he will be guaranteed $8M next year. If they cut him, the cap hit is $2M. They need to, and want to, resign Decker.

I think it is pretty obvious JE will command more $$$ than the Pats are willing to spend, or have available given their other needs and cap position for 2014.

Could Wes be next years Collie?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: good bye Julian, hello Wes??

would love to see WW come back. Would be better if Pats cut Amendola, and pay JE and WW. That would take BB admitting that the DA for WW trade off was a mistake and I dont think he will do that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

TJ Moe will be younger and cheaper.  Of course, the jury is still out on whether he can play at the NFL level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Assuming the OP's premise is correct and the Donkeys do let WW go Cincy should make a play for him. They have something close to 17M available under the cap in 2014 and it would make sense getting Dalton a reliable inside receiver as a compliment to Green on the outside.

The other team with the cap space availability that WW might want to consider is Indy. Another QB that could use a dependable inside receiver...  if Reggie Wayne comes back healthy it would make sense for all involved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Assuming the OP's premise is correct and the Donkeys do let WW go Cincy should make a play for him. They have something close to 17M available under the cap in 2014 and it would make sense getting Dalton a reliable inside receiver as a compliment to Green on the outside.

The other team with the cap space availability that WW might want to consider is Indy. Another QB that could use a dependable inside receiver...  if Reggie Wayne comes back healthy it would make sense for all involved.

[/QUOTE]

I would also expect both teams to be all over JE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sort of shocked with the cap space Cincy had avaialble this year that they didn't try and sign him or at least make an effort. They could have over paid for 2 years and still had plaenty of cap space for other areas. With WW next to A J Green this year and that D they might have been able to overcome the Marvin Lewis factor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Don't see Wes coming back, Wes couldn't keep his mouth shut about how BB picked on him, plus they thought he was on the decline and now with 2 concussions he will be out more. I agree I don't see him in a Bronco's jersey either. I know I'm in the minority but I don't think Amendola was a bad signing, if the Pats this year didn't have so many new players then I believe things with Amendola would have been different. What TB has been able to do with mostly new young players is just unbelievable!! Wes' career is probably close to being over His greed has come back to bite him in the as#! If he took money PATS offered him before last season then most likely he wouldnt have 2 concussions and risk having to wear the diapers he did commercial for!!! Hope his wife knows how to change them and his plugs are paid for. I always loved Wes and hope he is smart enough to know when to walk away. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think some are forgetting the WW situation had little to do with money.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sort of shocked with the cap space Cincy had avaialble this year that they didn't try and sign him or at least make an effort. They could have over paid for 2 years and still had plaenty of cap space for other areas. With WW next to A J Green this year and that D they might have been able to overcome the Marvin Lewis factor.

[/QUOTE]

Good point

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't see Wes coming back, Wes couldn't keep his mouth shut about how BB picked on him, plus they thought he was on the decline and now with 2 concussions he will be out more. I agree I don't see him in a Bronco's jersey either. I know I'm in the minority but I don't think Amendola was a bad signing, if the Pats this year didn't have so many new players then I believe things with Amendola would have been different. What TB has been able to do with mostly new young players is just unbelievable!! Wes' career is probably close to being over His greed has come back to bite him in the as#! If he took money PATS offered him before last season then most likely he wouldnt have 2 concussions and risk having to wear the diapers he did commercial for!!! Hope his wife knows how to change them and his plugs are paid for. I always loved Wes and hope he is smart enough to know when to walk away. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all this except the Amendola part...he is not worth the 7 millnion a year we are paying him...not even close. This a guy that should be making half that for what he has brought to the table. He is a slot only player - despite preseason reports otherwise - and as a slot guy he is an injury waiting to happen. He could of won that game for us Sunday, but physically he is not capable of a big play like that because he is a slot only player. I watched him in camp this summer when he was 100% healthy and he never NEVER got open on the outside in camp either - he was blanketed by every corner we had out there. When I say he didn't get an inch of space/separation on the outside, I mean he didn't get one inch of space behind a corner. In fact I saw corners running over him because Amendola couldn't run past them one bit. Too me that is not a guy you pay 7 million for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Edelman without Brady is a failed QB turned kick returner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Cincy and free agents are like oil and water, they never spend money, that's how they roll.  I don't think Wes will get a big contract if he's cut. Maybe incentive-based. Most likely he restructures and stays where he is. He's not going to find a better situation. The Pats have moved on, he's not walking through those doors again.

Amendola will be a NEP next year, bank on it. For one thing, he is cheaper to keep ($4.7 mil) than to cut ($6.8 mil). For another, he's done exactly what they expected of him. Right in line with his career numbers. He's tough, will take hellacious hits and hold onto the ball. If any of you so-called fans took half of one hit that he's taken in every game this year you'd be crying to mommy. That dude gets up and is ready to take the next one.

He may miss a few games but one thing he isn't is soft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wes welker's  career is in jeapordy. Probably because he is a 5ft7 32 year old slot receiver who averages 160 targets a year.BB once again, knew what he was doing making tough football decisions by signkng a younger faster injury risk who's contract is FULLY PROTECTED based on Dannys heslth.

Oh, don't look now but Amendola is catching 68% of his targets(meaning Brady's 61% completion rate gets better the more he throws Danny the ball. I know some of you nitwits demand instant gratification and if a guy doesn't go Randy Moss or better his 1st year he is a bust, but Amendola is a great addition to the offense. Sorry, if that ruins your agenda, just keep talking about how bad Julian Edelman is, or how much Mayo sucks. That should divert the attention elswhere long enough for people to forget. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with all this except the Amendola part...he is not worth the 7 millnion a year we are paying him...not even close. This a guy that should be making half that for what he has brought to the table. ..... Too me that is not a guy you pay 7 million for.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why they're not paying anything close to that much.

2013: $2 mil salary/$3.5 mil cap hit

2014: $3 mil/$4.7 mil

2015: $4 mil/$5.7 mil

2016: $5 mil/$6.7 mil

2017: $6 mil/$7.7 mil

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I agree with all this except the Amendola part...he is not worth the 7 millnion a year we are paying him...not even close. This a guy that should be making half that for what he has brought to the table. ..... Too me that is not a guy you pay 7 million for.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep and only 10 mill guaranteed,  if Danny didn't stay healthy long term, we can easily enough part ways. Plus he has turned the corner in this offense and is making an impact. last I checked this offense wasn't so easy on receivers.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Mike Brown is the owner. Besides the smarter teams are waiting for the cap to jump, which is rumored to be in 2015.

The Colts avoided Welker, too.  Flat cap means flat market.  NE will be in fine position to put a package together for Edelman if they wish.

I am chuckling at the frauds calling him "Edelwoman" 4 months ago and now we have frauds on here talking about him breaking the bank. lmao

Thats what they do here. They call everyone out for making a prediction while they dont even try to due to their fear of lack of true understanding of the technical aspects of the game so and only complain and whine about what BB does. Then, When BB proves out that he did the right thing, they blow past their historically bytchy whiny azzed little girl complaining and criticisms and junp on the band wagon. So many frauds, too few sincere PATRIOTS fans. They know who they are. They are the ones who pull for players on teams who are considered our rivals. Loyalty as a TRUE fan should be to the team and not towards their weird obsessions with former players with the enemy. Casual fans have a very different perspective. They cant wait for the team to do something they disaggree with. Its their opportunity to complain like little bytches against the greatest football mind in history. IDIOTS. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

Mt Hurl is a moron like RKarp. He's a Home Ec teacher and a high school graduate, which is why he thinks there is no cap and he's smarter than BB from behind a keyboard.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

I say more like the kids who read the morning announcements off the paper that is given to them over the speakers, but every once in a while they add their own spin to them to see if anyone here bites. And of course, the dorks do. Damn, Rus, you know they are intimidated by and fear your knowledge when they critique every post you create. CONGRATS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wes welker's  career is in jeapordy. Probably because he is a 5ft7 32 year old slot receiver who averages 160 targets a year.BB once again, knew what he was doing making tough football decisions by signkng a younger faster injury risk who's contract is FULLY PROTECTED based on Dannys heslth.

Oh, don't look now but Amendola is catching 68% of his targets(meaning Brady's 61% completion rate gets better the more he throws Danny the ball. I know some of you nitwits demand instant gratification and if a guy doesn't go Randy Moss or better his 1st year he is a bust, but Amendola is a great addition to the offense. Sorry, if that ruins your agenda, just keep talking about how bad Julian Edelman is, or how much Mayo sucks. That should divert the attention elswhere long enough for people to forget. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't really see many fans busting edelman/DA's chops.  I think they're doing better than expected.  I think the rookie WRs are doing better than expected - but, the rookies can't afford to regress at this stage of the season

[/QUOTE]

I guess you ignored murtls post up above, and you have selectively forgot babe and companies campaign against julian edelman last year....which has become quiet. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Don't look back.

Welker was a great player for the Pats, loved having him here, but that time has passed. I actually think I like Edelman more, I think he is more dangerous after the catch, more fun to watch. Re-sign JE and keep moving forward.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

Don't look back.

Welker was a great player for the Pats, loved having him here, but that time has passed. I actually think I like Edelman more, I think he is more dangerous after the catch, more fun to watch. Re-sign JE and keep moving forward.

For the most part, absolutely correct. The "great" part I do question when you choke on huge plays, but great stats, YES. 2013 Wes doesn't compare to 2013 JE, or even 2013 AD TODAY. Health and numbers dont lie. GO PATS!