Good News on Danny Woodhead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead

In Response to Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead :      Hernandez makes the offense purr! It was his absence that was the difference against the Bills. He was Brady's favorite target until he got hurt. Though he's listed as a TE, he's really just a big WR.      Ridley really needs to step up this week.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Exactly. IT's rare you see people give him credit, but that is the truth as I see it. He and Welker are the two guys on this offense that can consistently beat good man coverage. When one is out, hurt, or mimized in the game plan the offense slows down. 

Ridley needs to fill in. But no one is going to 'replace' what Woodhead does. He is the only real recieving threat out of the backfield. 

Vereen could possibly do it ... but we haven't seen him do anything ... so it seems unlikely that they'll just drop him into the passing game to protect Brady, motion out wide, etc. 

It really stinks that Faulk is on the PUP ... because they could use him this game to play the role that he did so well. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead : Exactly. IT's rare you see people give him credit, but that is the truth as I see it. He and Welker are the two guys on this offense that can consistently beat good man coverage. When one is out, hurt, or mimized in the game plan the offense slows down.  Ridley needs to fill in. But no one is going to 'replace' what Woodhead does. He is the only real recieving threat out of the backfield.  Vereen could possibly do it ... but we haven't seen him do anything ... so it seems unlikely that they'll just drop him into the passing game to protect Brady, motion out wide, etc.  It really stinks that Faulk is on the PUP ... because they could use him this game to play the role that he did so well. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I agree about Hernandez, he is a bigger version of Welker out there. We need him in this game even at less then 100% just to create mismatches for Jets defense.

I do love what The Wood does for this offense, although I think we relied on him way too much in the playoff game last year. It will be interesting to see if Ridley can fill some of the void in this game particularly. He looked good catching passes in preseason. We might also find out more about our running game, and if Obrien will abandon it at the first sign of trouble. I can't wait for this game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good News on Danny Woodhead : The Jets know how to contain Woodhead. They haven't experienced Ridley who is more of a threat to go around the end and cut upfield.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

When exactly did the Jets contain Woodhead. In the playoff game he caught 6 passes for 52 yards and in the late regular season game he had over 100 yards in recieving. Woodhead is one of the best receivers out of the backfield in all of football. How many passes has Ridley caught. If anything he is a certified Jet killer. They ran him too many times in the playoff game (in my opinion) but the Jets certainly did not contain Woodhead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Danny Woodhead certainly cannot be "replaced" by one guy. What he does in the offense is unique. Faulk can't come back yet, and we don't know how well he'll do when he does. But the big issue the Jests seem to be having is stopping the run. BJGE and Ridley need to ram the ball down their throats. Instead of the two and a half minute TD drives they need some seven or eight minute ones. Keep the defense (the "liability") off the field. This week also would be the best time for Albert to return. Ellis looks a bit lost, and like he's forgotten how to wrap up out there! The Jests O-line is hurting, they need to capitalize and get in Sanchez's face. Still, Brady should be able to win in a shootout, though their secondary is still good. Woodhead's loss is big, but not fatal. I suspect we'll see more of a "power" running game this week, and if Ridley can get in space he could be deadly. Revis and Cromartie can cover, but they aren't nearly as good at tackling. This is an important game. Not only is it a division game, but a three game losing streak would really hurt the Jests. My biggest injury concern is Mayo. He runs the defense, and I believe communication will suffer because he is out. The DL needs to step up, as pressuring Sanchez is a sure way to seal this win. The offense should be able to put up 30, especially if they stick with the ground game and Tom is prudent with his throws. The Jests are losing their "swagger", and it's time to go for the kill!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When exactly did the Jets contain Woodhead. In the playoff game he caught 6 passes for 52 yards and in the late regular season game he had over 100 yards in recieving. Woodhead is one of the best receivers out of the backfield in all of football. How many passes has Ridley caught. If anything he is a certified Jet killer. They ran him too many times in the playoff game (in my opinion) but the Jets certainly did not contain Woodhead

Thats what I'm talking about. +1