Good News

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Good News

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m 

Gronk out of surgery. Infection gone. New plate installed. Good news all around.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Good News

This makes it much more likely Gronk is ready for week 1.  I guess his career isn't quite over.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Glad that soap opera is finally over....ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLL!!!!??

Nice!  And yes!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Okay, so the glass is half full.

He will show when he shows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From Globe report . . .

The surgery Monday was to replace the plate in Gronkowski's forearm, after he developed an infection in the area. Assuming the infection has completely cleared -- doctors may need several days before they know for certain -- Gronkowski can then begin his 8- to 10-week rehab to repair the break, which could affect his availability for the start of training camp in late July.

Gronkowski originally broke his forearm last Nov. 18, returned to action Dec. 30 in Week 17, and re-broke the bone Jan. 13 against Houston in the divisional playoffs.

And it may not be the last time Gronkowski goes under the knife this offseason. He may also need surgery to repair a disk in his back, but that would likely take place during his recovery from forearm surgery, and likely wouldn't force him to miss much, if any, training camp.

________

Still not completely out of the woods.  Hope the infection is gone and doesn't recur.  Also hope there are no complications with the back surgery. We'll see .  .  . should be back, but it's not 100% definite yet.     

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

There are some people saying that Gronk carreer will be over until Brady retires! I`m not a doctor, but I don`t think Gronk is an injury prone player, let me show you my point...

1.His injury in AFCCG was freak, imagine 225 pounds landing in your ankle ouchhhh, even the most durable player would have an ankle injury

2.He played every game in his first season with the Pats, he didn`t have any problem with injuries.

3.His injury in 2012 was strange, you`re pure muscle and u break your forearm with a contact like this????  Maybe a collagen deficiency in his arm, because he broke his arm twice in diferent places.

4.He didn`t have any chronic problem like a  bad knee, bad ankle, multiple muscular injuries, he missed time due to freak injuries, not something that happens constantly in a specific muscle, specific articulation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

There are some people saying that Gronk carreer will be over until Brady retires! I`m not a doctor, but I don`t think Gronk is an injury prone player, let me show you my point...

1.His injury in AFCCG was freak, imagine 225 pounds landing in your ankle ouchhhh, even the most durable player would have an ankle injury

2.He played every game in his first season with the Pats, he didn`t have any problem with injuries.

3.His injury in 2012 was strange, you`re pure muscle and u break your forearm with a contact like this????  Maybe a collagen deficiency in his arm, because he broke his arm twice in diferent places.

4.He didn`t have any chronic problem like a  bad knee, bad ankle, multiple muscular injuries, he missed time due to freak injuries, not something that happens constantly in a specific muscle, specific articulation.

Pretty sure he also had a serious back/disc injury in college... but I hope he is out of the woods for good now

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Glad that soap opera is finally over....ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLL!!!!??

don't think we play this year unless it's...well you know

but funny pic anyway  :  )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It's team game one man no matter how good he is can't control the whole game. Hopefully he'll be ready for the start of training camp and he plays the whole season. Go Scarlett Knights!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Glad the surgery on his forearm was successful, hope the disc issue is minor, other than that I'll wait and see.  Be glad to get him back for the regular season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I love how people already have him getting back surgery. He probably doesn't need it, just like he probably didn't need a fifth surgery on his broken arm and the infection was "most likely killed" (Dr speak for definitely cured) by the antibiotics that aren't affected by alcohol intake like so many on here whined about.

I'm glad Gronk is healthy and the surgery was a success and no infection was found.  It is a great day for the Pats and Gronk.

Now if only we could all get off the "Gronk should grow up and live like a cloistered nun" kick, life would be normal!

Though that would mean the busy bodies on here would have nothing to spout about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Okay, so the glass is half full.

He will show when he shows.

The glass is always full unless it's in a vacuum

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Glad that the infections gone for sure. Lets hope the new plate doesn't cause a new one either (any time you put in plates there is the risk) and lets hope that he doesn't need back surgery. One hurdle down two more to go

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

When's the last time a surgeon came out of surgery and said, "It went terribly.  I really messed that up, and he's probably going to battle infection and need more surgery because of my incompetence."?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's going to take 10 weeks just to heal enough to apply force. His muscles will be smaller and weaker give that another month to be close to healed and strong   He could be ready for the opener. Maybe the final preseason against the giants with the starters. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

When was the last time you read a book?  

I'm a pretty voracious reader...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Glad it only took four tries to get it right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Glad it only took four tries to get it right.

yeah, his problem could have been solved a long time ago

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Someone mentioned on another thread:

"What ever happened to resetting the broken bone and applying a cast?"

Why do they always take the surgery route?

Anyone know?