Good Omen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Re: Good Omen?

The Saints are under more pressure than the Pats.  This is just another big game for the Pats.  This is THE big game for the Saints.  The Saints are using this game to measure where they really are amongst the NFL elite.  The Pats know that they are one of the NFL elites.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Re: Good Omen?:
    [QUOTE]Saints fans will be a lot louder than usual since they won't have bags over their heads.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

Yup.  We have been louder for the 25 years since those couple of protest years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]The Saints are under more pressure than the Pats.  This is just another big game for the Pats.  This is THE big game for the Saints.  The Saints are using this game to measure where they really are amongst the NFL elite.  The Pats know that they are one of the NFL elites.
    Posted by ALLDAWAYPATS[/QUOTE]

No.  It is the media that is using the game as a measure.  The Saints know they are an elite team and need no validation.  Since week one the Saints have been focused on the game at hand and each of those games have been the BIG game.  This game is being approached no differently from any other.  It is the biggest and only game of the week that matters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : I would never underestimate the Patriots.  I have seen some or all of every game they have played over the past few years.  Although, I am sure that you are greatly underestimating the Saints.  This is far and away the best team that has ever taken the field in a Saints uniform.  I am sure that most are aware of the offensive abilities, but the defense and special teams are much better than the casual fan realizes.  The defense is coming into Monday's game as healthy as they have been since week five. Believe me, I am not disrespecting the Patriots, but simply pointing out that there can be more than one or two elite teams in the league.  This game is extremely important to the Saints for the same reason it is to the Patriots ... playoff seeding.  While the Patriots are hoping for a first round bye, or at least a home game, the Saints are in pursuit of home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  I doubt the Patriots will wilt and cannot remember saying they would.  But, be prepared for a big letdown.  While your Pats may not be overconfident it is obvious that many of the fans are extremely overconfident.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

Not overconfident - just confident - as you clearly are confident in the Saints.......the bottom line is your team is 10 - 0, nobody can take anything from the Saints

I think you'll admit, however, that the Patriots are in a different league entirely than any other team the Saints have played this year to date.........I think alot of people question whether the Saints are for real, and think it's fair to, the Saints are playing a 4th place schedule this year and the NFC South is a very weak division this year......

I like the Patriots chances Monday, you like the Saints chances - fair enough - what I think we can agree on is that after Monday most of the questions about both teams will be answered

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : Not overconfident - just confident - as you clearly are confident in the Saints.......the bottom line is your team is 10 - 0, nobody can take anything from the Saints I think you'll admit, however, that the Patriots are in a different league entirely than any other team the Saints have played this year to date.........I think alot of people question whether the Saints are for real, and think it's fair to, the Saints are playing a 4th place schedule this year and the NFC South is a very weak division this year...... I like the Patriots chances Monday, you like the Saints chances - fair enough - what I think we can agree on is that after Monday most of the questions about both teams will be answered
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

True, they do have different schedules.  But, there have been four of the ten opponents which have been common.  The Saints blew out Miami, Tampa Bay and Buffalo by greater margins than did the Patriots.  They also blew out the Jets who defeated the Patriots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Oh, and yes, I agree.  Many qestions will be answered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If only other teams' trolls were like AsylumGuido.  I guess it's because you also kinda sorta like the Pats too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]If only other teams' trolls were like AsylumGuido.  I guess it's because you also kinda sorta like the Pats too.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

How can you not like the Pats?  Just like the Saints, they have had their dismal years with periods of some success.  And then, finally, they jelled and became an elite championship caliber team over the last several years.  Interestly enough, the Patriots came into existence in 1960, seven years before the Saints.  Perhaps it is now our turn to lose the past and become another historic club.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : True, they do have different schedules.  But, there have been four of the ten opponents which have been common.  The Saints blew out Miami, Tampa Bay and Buffalo by greater margins than did the Patriots.  They also blew out the Jets who defeated the Patriots.

the Saints were lucky to get by the Fins after falling behind 24 -3.......and the Saints beat them by 12, the Patriots by 10, 2 point difference

Tampa, Saints 38 - 7, Patriots 35 - 7, 3 point difference

The Patriots did struggle on offense early this year with a rusty Tom Brady coming back after missing a year, as a result, they were fortunate to get by the Bills and they were beat by a highly motivated Jets team in week 2 ( the Saints beat the Jets the very next week, clearly having let down off of an overly emotional win for that point in the season).

Of course the Patriots manhandled the Jets this last weekend, and the score should not have been as close as it was.....though 17 pts is a beat down in most circles

I am looking forward to the game.......I feel the Patriots will answer their critics........I feel they have to have this game.......and I think they'll play that way

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]If only other teams' trolls were like AsylumGuido.  I guess it's because you also kinda sorta like the Pats too.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Totally true - a refreshing change from the Colt sycophants

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

[QUOTE]I agree pf418, Brady will have a field day.  Hell 2 weeks ago he put up 30+ in a dome. It's the Defense that's the Bad Omen and scares me.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

god, what about that picture doesn`t have ' i`m sick" writen all over it. please  take it down for the sake of humanity. as the pats defense, it`s among the NFL`s best. better get used to it, cause it may take them all the way to the SB. sorry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : But the last time the Pats were in the Dome they were not facing the team that plays in the Dome.  That game there were 60,000 attendees that were simply watching two teams play.  On Monday you will see 70,000 fans 100% behind the Saints.  BIG difference.

That's right.. the Pats have NEVER played on the road, in a stadium in which there are 70,000 some odd fans, all of whom are screaming their lungs out supporting their team 100%.  I can see the fear of "God" in their eyes now!!  LOL.  Guido, you must not watch the Pats much!! 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

I think my sister had a girl dog named "noel".....Mumbbles are you a girl dog?

Hey they jets lost right? Talk about crybaby soup, during the week you had a coach and a player cry. The coach cried because someone ate all the cheeseburgers, and the player cried because he got hit to hard, and then vowed to retaliate!!!! This is football right? You can hit someone cant you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I spect to see you here, after the game to back up all the things you are saying...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]UH Oh It's happening again!?? The loudmouthed pats fans talking it up before the game.Remember what happened in the Colts game gang! After the game you were all blaming it on the refs,the Dome noise,the refs,the refs, the refs etc.LOL-it was BB's now infamous Blunder that lost that game. Will you all be enjoying a big bowl of Crybaby Soup on Thanksgiving in preparation for New Orleans???
    Posted by NoelNoel[/QUOTE]

What's the matter Leon - are you so ashamed of your beloved Jets that you have to hide behind yet another posting nmae?

Leon, go back to your bedroom, this is adult football talk time - your Jets clearly don't belong in the room!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Two undefeated teams in two weeks. Sean Payton has one of the better offensive minds in the NFL and as I stated early on in season predictions that if New Orleans continued to acquire quality defensive players (Vilma, Sharper Ellis) they would be a legitimate NFC contenders. Brees is one of the smarter QBs in league and the offensive has been successful in buying him time pocket.

I concur with anyone who says that this could be BB's defensive schemes versus Payton's offensive schemes, however, the Pats offense is close to rolling on all cylinders. I hope to see more balance from the Pats offense and new alignments and schemes from the Pats D. Collapsing the pocket and pass rush will be key.

I personally have always liked the Saints as a team, however, their are a few things to dislike about the city and the state.....high crime rate and David Duke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : No.  It is the media that is using the game as a measure.  The Saints know they are an elite team and need no validation.  Since week one the Saints have been focused on the game at hand and each of those games have been the BIG game.  This game is being approached no differently from any other.  It is the biggest and only game of the week that matters.

Drew Brees himself said that the Saints try to emulate the Pats because we are a dynasty and have winning for years.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : Granted, this was more than 10 years ago, but the last time I was in the SuperDome there were more Pats fans than Saints fans. I suspect that if you discount the bandwagon factor, there probably aren't 70,000 Saints fans on the entire planet.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    same could be said of pats fans, ya know? the bandwagon may be full now...but when brady retires and they are back to 2-14 every year...how many real pats fans will stick around?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : same could be said of pats fans, ya know? the bandwagon may be full now...but when brady retires and they are back to 2-14 every year...how many real pats fans will stick around?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Brady retired in the first quarter last year for the season and I think we went 11-5 with Matt *hasn't started a game since high school* Cassel. Honestly I could care less about band wagon fans, most of them don't know anything about football as it is. I really don't see the Pats going 2 and 14 anytime soon. Could be the Oakland pick which should be a top 5 can get a new QB to take Brady's place when he's all said and done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

What's the deal with this NO fan that thinks his team is going to blow out the Patriots? it will be a close game but the Saints will pull away in the second half? You've really got to be kidding me. You have to go back to 2006 for the last time anyone has pulled away from the Pats. I really like seeing how over-confident all of these New Orleans fans are. You can tell this is their first rodeo considering they act like rookies. This isn't the Rams you're facing that gave the Saints a run for their money. The Pats will put up 35-40 points this game. The only way the saints beat them is by scoring more. And by the way, the Vikings are the best team in the NFC a/k/a football's National League. Brees is a carbon copy, Brady is the original. Also, I bet every Saints jersey there was purchased this year considering the place was dead empty last year and in year's passed. The Pats aren't going anywhere. On the other hand, we have seen teams like the Saints come and go in the last decade while the Pats still remained dominant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : A Belichick coached team is always ready. They may not always win, but they are NEVER unprepared.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]   What about the Wildcat Miami uncoiled on us last year? Other than that game BB has our team prepared.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Omen? : god, what about that picture doesn`t have ' i`m sick" writen all over it. please  take it down for the sake of humanity. as the pats defense, it`s among the NFL`s best. better get used to it, cause it may take them all the way to the SB. sorry.
    Posted by koft[/QUOTE]

The picture is from the movie the Omen.  It's to highlight the Good Omen/Bad Omen thing (the kid like our D, 4th Qtr Indy game, can be the bad Omen).

I admit it was a tough one to piece together especially if one doesn't know the picture is from that movie.

25. This post has been removed.