Goodbye, Ridley.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Goodbye, Ridley.

Through game 10 in his 3rd year Adrian Peterson had 16 career fumbles.  Ridley has 8.  This year AP has 3 fumbles; Ridley has 3 fumbles.  Far be it for me to suggest that anyone on this board is overreacting however. . . . . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Through game 10 in his 3rd year Adrian Peterson had 16 career fumbles.  Ridley has 8.  This year AP has 3 fumbles; Ridley has 3 fumbles.  Far be it for me to suggest that anyone on this board is overreacting however. . . . . 

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, when, where.

Ridley has fumbled once in every 16 carries in the playoffs; AP once in every 93.

Ridley BLOWS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, when, where.

Ridley has fumbled once in every 16 carries in the playoffs; AP once in every 93.

Ridley BLOWS. 

[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting the bolded part, Babe.  Thanks for the reminder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley fumbles at a lower rate-per-carry than Adrian Peterson and lots of others.  I can't see him being a 20+ carry back though when he keeps fumbling at in-oportune times like this.  I doubt BB re-signs him to a contract in 2 years when he's a FA.   

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley does not blow though his fumble was the most important play of the game on the offensive side of the ball for the Pats. He ran hard before and after the fumble. He is a very good runner who right now is having fumble issues. If he does not fix them he will be gone but he runs very hard and had a lot of good runs tonight including a TD. The Ridley, Blount, Veree troika looked formidable tonight against an excellant defense. I like the Pats chances a lot still. I feel safe to say the Steelers game was no fluke. The Pats offense was really good considering the few posessions and the quality of the defense (the other sid eof the ball did not have a very good night).

[/QUOTE]

WRONG. He is a disaster waiting to happen. He pads his stats against crappy teams and can't get it going when you need him most. Just turn off the homer button.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley is a solid RB. Do you think Peterson is a disaster waiting happen? He turns the ball over more than Ridley yet he is the running back in the game. Turn off the blind hate.

[/QUOTE]

Turn off the blind hate.

thats all he has.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The only thing Ridley and Peterson have in common is ethnisity.  Stop compairing the two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley fumbles at a lower rate-per-carry than Adrian Peterson and lots of others.  I can't see him being a 20+ carry back though when he keeps fumbling at in-oportune times like this.  I doubt BB re-signs him to a contract in 2 years when he's a FA.   

[/QUOTE]

i don't think BB will wait 2 years he gets traded in the offseason or cut

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ridley has 19 tds in his last 25 games as a split time starter. Yeah, he sux.

So does Mayo, and Nink, and McCourty.

This board is like a spoof on reality. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Let's get the kid from BC to run for us next year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Some people on this board would scream for their mom to be cut from the family if she fumbled their mac & cheese whilst walking from the kitchen to the dinner table.

Overreacting is what some people around here do regardless of the situation. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only thing Ridley and Peterson have in common is ethnisity.  Stop compairing the two.

[/QUOTE]

Respectfully, tcal, and seriously as well, to whom would you compare Ridley?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley has 19 tds in his last 25 games as a split time starter. Yeah, he sux.

So does Mayo, and Nink, and McCourty.

This board is like a spoof on reality. 

[/QUOTE]

RB TDs don't mean much, especially on a committee; they could easily have called somebody elses' name for the 2 yard plunge. Half of those were from Brady pass completions being stopped at around the one yard line anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why some of you are in denial about Ridley is a mystery.

Did you miss the part where BB removed him from being feature back because of his big-game fumbles?

Ridley will never be given the ball like he was in 2012 again. He blew it with too many key screw-ups and an inability to get tough yards.

Coach BB isn't stupid. He knows he can't count on Ridley. Expect him to try and squeeze some value out of him through next year, then cut him loose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

Why some of you are in denial about Ridley is a mystery.

Did you miss the part where BB removed him from being feature back because of his big-game fumbles?

Ridley will never be given the ball like he was in 2012 again. He blew it with too many key screw-ups and an inability to get tough yards.

Coach BB isn't stupid. He knows he can't count on Ridley. Expect him to try and squeeze some value out of him through next year, then cut him loose.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, perhaps not, Babe.  Time will tell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did I say I like Florida football? George Zimmerman, not so much....but I do like Florida churches!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lame, Rusty!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I love how people fail to use context when exercising their homerism. I like Ridley but there is no denying he has a problem. He carries the ball like its not important and thats bad football. 2 weeks ago Ridley fumbled a pass and BB credited Troy with making a great play, hence no benching but vs the panthers it was careless carrying ONCE again and BB benched him a quarter.

Its not rocket science! Adrian Peterson wasnt fumbling because he was careless!! He was fumbling because he has been the only offensive weapon there for YEARS! WHo has been his QBs! Do you know teams gameplan for the run and stack the box if you dont have a threat to pass??  Do you think Ridley sees that HERE with Brady?  Cmon guys. I like you all but take off the glasses and use some contex. Did I mention that Ridley is in back by committee while AP is the LEAD BACK! Taking ALL the carries and taking MAJOR punishment. HIs fumbles come when 3 guys are on him.

Who would you rather have here???   Answer Honestly

and just so you know, I dont think Ridley S*x. I will give him his due as a runner,but YES he does have a fumbling problem because he carries it carelessly. A simple slap at it while he runs by will do. Adrian is a strong dude. It usually takes a few guys and the whole team is focused on him. Ridley has a place here, but they cant run him in clutch situations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hate to break it to some of you (not really), but Ridley has lost more fumbles on average this year than any running back in the top 32 of the entire league.

He, b-l-o-w-s.

Of course I told you this last year, but you never listen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I hate to break it to some of you (not really), but Ridley has lost more fumbles on average this year than any running back in the top 32 of the entire league.

He, b-l-o-w-s.

Well, it's not like we didn't "listen" because you told us "last year".  We didn't listen, simply because you told us!  Aren't you the one who always advises people to "learn the game"?  Instead of coming up with these overly simplistic editorials regarding Patriots' personel, I suggest you first take some of your own advise.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He, b-l-o-w-s.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like we didn't "listen" because you told us "last year".  We didn't listen, simply because youtold us!  Aren't you the one who always advises people to "learn the game"?  Instead of coming up with these overly simplistic editorials regarding Patriots' personel, I suggest you first take some of your own advise.   

[/QUOTE]

Oh darn, I must have accidentally took you off ignore. Fixed.

I deal in facts turd. You can deal in your spin until hell freezes over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I love how people fail to use context when exercising their homerism. I like Ridley but there is no denying he has a problem. He carries the ball like its not important and thats bad football. 2 weeks ago Ridley fumbled a pass and BB credited Troy with making a great play, hence no benching but vs the panthers it was careless carrying ONCE again and BB benched him a quarter.

Its not rocket science! Adrian Peterson wasnt fumbling because he was careless!! He was fumbling because he has been the only offensive weapon there for YEARS! WHo has been his QBs! Do you know teams gameplan for the run and stack the box if you dont have a threat to pass??  Do you think Ridley sees that HERE with Brady?  Cmon guys. I like you all but take off the glasses and use some contex. Did I mention that Ridley is in back by committee while AP is the LEAD BACK! Taking ALL the carries and taking MAJOR punishment. HIs fumbles come when 3 guys are on him.

Who would you rather have here???   Answer Honestly

and just so you know, I dont think Ridley S*x. I will give him his due as a runner,but YES he does have a fumbling problem because he carries it carelessly. A simple slap at it while he runs by will do. Adrian is a strong dude. It usually takes a few guys and the whole team is focused on him. Ridley has a place here, but they cant run him in clutch situations.

Triple, I'd love to agree with you, and I appreciate that you're trying to be reasonable in your post, but sometimes the defenders make good plays too.  Has Ridley coughed it up?  Sure.  On two of his fumbles this year, including last week, the defender hit the ball out of his arms when he had it reasonably secured and he never saw it coming.  His fault?  Yes, but it's not like he was carrying it like a loaf of bread.  In the playoffs last year against the Ravens, he absorbed Pollard's head to head hit that knocked him the e-f-f out trying to pick up yardage.  Is discretion the better part of valour, and should he have protected it better?  Maybe, but I tend not to fault guys who put their well-being on the line when it's clear they're trying to gut out extra yardage.   

For me, the bottom line is that fumbles are not acceptable.  But there is a context to fumbles even if we choose to ignore it because it doesn't make our point.  Those who say Ridley sux, I don't agree with you.  Those who say that using him less makes him more effective when you do use him - I could buy that.  The guy has talent, and he makes the backfield better with his presence.  He is not Adrian Peterson talent-wise, and I think the comparison of Peterso-to-Ridley fumble-wise is as you implied - taken out of context a bit. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Triple, I'd love to agree with you, and I appreciate that you're trying to be reasonable in your post, but sometimes the defenders make good plays too.  Has Ridley coughed it up?  Sure.  On two of his fumbles this year, including last week, the defender hit the ball out of his arms when he had it reasonably secured and he never saw it coming.  His fault?  Yes, but it's not like he was carrying it like a loaf of bread.  In the playoffs last year against the Ravens, he absorbed Pollard's head to head hit that knocked him the e-f-f out trying to pick up yardage.  Is discretion the better part of valour, and should he have protected it better?  Maybe, but I tend not to fault guys who put their well-being on the line when it's clear they're trying to gut out extra yardage.   

For me, the bottom line is that fumbles are not acceptable.  But there is a context to fumbles even if we choose to ignore it because it doesn't make our point.  Those who say Ridley sux, I don't agree with you.  Those who say that using him less makes him more effective when you do use him - I could buy that.  The guy has talent, and he makes the backfield better with his presence.  He is not Adrian Peterson talent-wise, and I think the comparison of Peterso-to-Ridley fumble-wise is as you implied - taken out of context a bit. 

[/QUOTE]

Thats fair. I admitted the one vs pittsburgh was a good defensive play but notice how Blount ran when he got in. BOTH HANDS ON THE BALL. The Ridley fumble on monday night, he had one hand on it AND away from his body. Sorry thats on HIM. Blount cared about the ball after seeing Ridley getting benched and unless Ridley really focuses on holding with both hands before contact he will see his carries decrease more. You said it. Fumbling here is NOT accepted. As far as the playoff game last year? hey, them the breaks. You have to be prepared for playoff football. I wish I could say it was routine but you need a strong guy in the playoffs. I dont recall Dillon coughing it up after big hits. it is what it is. The guy is an explosive runner but is careless. He even admitted that the coaches said before the game that the Panthers come after the ball and he still was careless. Sorry, no excuse. Look at the play again. He Needs to learn to hold ball with both hands when in traffic like BLOUNT DID. In the open, its fine but his mind hasnt grasped it yet. Faulk had fumbling problems early but fixed it and he was just a 3rd down back. Ridley as a 1st down runner, needs to do better

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You homers really need to stop making excuses for Ridley. HE BLOWS. What part of that don't you understand?

He is the worst fumbler in the NFL. Fact!

BB is going to boot his butterfinger azz out of here after next season (if not sooner). Don't get too attached - LMAO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He, b-l-o-w-s.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like we didn't "listen" because you told us "last year".  We didn't listen, simply because youtold us!  Aren't you the one who always advises people to "learn the game"?  Instead of coming up with these overly simplistic editorials regarding Patriots' personel, I suggest you first take some of your own advise.   

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Turd?  LOL!  Look, it's not your opinion that's the problem, necessarily.  It's just that you have this tendancy to be, well, border-line hysterical as you pass judgement on players (and posters).  People present you with facts and you respond with this apparent superiority complex and name calling.  Ultimately, it is just a game.  It really isn't worth all of the hostility.   Enjoy the rest of the day.  Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He, b-l-o-w-s.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Turd?  LOL!  Look, it's not your opinion that's the problem, necessarily.  It's just that you have this tendancy to be, well, border-line hysterical as you pass judgement on players (and posters).  People present you with facts and you respond with this apparent superiority complex and name calling.  Ultimately, it is just a game.  It really isn't worth all of the hostility.   Enjoy the rest of the day.  Cool

[/QUOTE]

I have no hostility turd. I just speak plain.

I give up on players that suck. I'm nearly never wrong on that. Ridley has been a fumbler all his football life. He can't get the tough yards and is merely a stat padder against poor teams. I know "blows" when I see it. Ridley BLOWS! 

Now you're back on ignore. Stop pestering me. Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to teegee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

another 2nd round bust. The decline and fall continues.

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that is sarcasm. 3rd rd pick. I said it earlier this year and I was mocked. Scale back Ridley's touches, use more Bolden and there is your answer.

Ridley is like a Kevin Faulk. The less you use him, the more potent he is.

A lead back needs to be cerebral. Not quite sure Ridley is that. High motor, great kid, etc, but use him a bit differently, IMO.

Releasing him is stupid.

[/QUOTE]

i agree he is still dangerous and can help the team but fewer carries is probably the best way to use him. teams are going to try and rip the ball out every time he touches it. if bolden can stay healthy he would be the better lead back. vereen is too small and not durable enough for that role imo.