Goodell Continues to Play Footsie With the Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Goodell Continues to Play Footsie With the Media

The NFL is by far the most popular, best run league in professional sports. So, why does Roger "Jets" Goodell see fit to interfere with the way head coaches choose to deal with the media? 

Goodell has already shown a tendency to make rules, and set arbitrary, unprecedented punishments...whenever he wants. Now he appears to want to micro-manage the way teams handle the media.

Why is this suddenly so necessary...when the NFL is already so wildly popular with the fans? Could this be just another "dig" at BB and the Patriots? http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/07/commissioner_goodell_
    working_t.html

This village idiot must go!      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Goodell Continues to Play Footsie With the Media

Does Goodell honestly believe that hearing assistant coaches say, "We've got some work to do to get ready for . . . .  next week." is a giant step forward in media relations?

This guy is a walking, talking definition of micro-management, which would be fine, if he displayed any kind of direction or consistency. Handing down edicts which are clearly directed at certain teams; doling out wildly divergent punishments for similar actions -- or worse, handing out the same punishment for wildly divergent infractions. Should I go on?

I miss the days when I could conveniently forget the league even had a commissioner, let alone what his name was or what he was doing every day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It seems like it will be awfully boring listening to 10 minutes of NE's coordinators repeating "no comment", and "do you have any questions about the (next opponent)"! Goodell may make it mandatory for these guys to field questions from the idiots in the media, but I doubt he has any power to tell them what they must and must not divulge. I'd think he should be more concerned with helping advance the CBA talks rather than trying to regulate team information!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Goodell Continues to Play Footsie With the Media:
    [QUOTE]Does Goodell honestly believe that hearing assistant coaches say, "We've got some work to do to get ready for . . . .  next week." is a giant step forward in media relations? This guy is a walking, talking definition of micro-management, which would be fine, if he displayed any kind of direction or consistency. Handing down edicts which are clearly directed at certain teams; doling out wildly divergent punishments for similar actions -- or worse, handing out the same punishment for wildly divergent infractions. Should I go on? I miss the days when I could conveniently forgot the league even had a commissioner, let alone what his name was or what he was doing every day.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Amen. Goodell loves the media spotlight, and seeks their approval prior to handing down his arbitrary edicts. Currently, hes' put off meeting with Michael Vick, regarding whether Vick should be reinstated. I guess "Jets" wants to gage what the media thinks before he rules.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

You know, I was behind Goodell when he first took the job and was trying to crack down on players that were repeat offenders like Chris Henry and Pacman Jones, but he's really gotten out of control in the last year.  He's gone from trying to rule with an iron fist to ridiculous power trip really quickly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The guy claims to be this hard nosed no nonesense kind of guy but yet he will fully reinstate Mike Vick because his pals in the media says he deserves a second chance. It doesnt matter that half teh fans think this guy should be banned for life all that matters is what ESPN says on its latest show and Goodel just goes with it. And when he does do something well, like when he came right out and said the Pats never cheated he does it in a low key kind of way and then none of the ESPN bione heads report it so no one ever really see's it. I hate Goodel and can not wait for him to step down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's like I said when Vick got charged: the same people that said he should be punished are the same people calling for his reinstatement. As for the media/coaches I don't think you'll hear alot from Belichick. Just the same old, same old; which is fine by me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Its a little stupid that he thinks he need to regulate how the coaches talk to the media.