Goodell made..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Goodell made..

Over 44 million last year! And this guy still ruins the Game of football. What does this guy do that most of us on this board cannot do? For 44 million you would think these owners would find the next football Einstein? Just goes to show us how much the Owners are making if they can pay this bozo this much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Goodell made..

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Over 44 million last year! And this guy still ruins the Game of football. What does this guy do that most of us on this board cannot do? For 44 million you would think these owners would find the next football Einstein? Just goes to show us how much the Owners are making if they can pay this bozo this much.

I don't care that you don't think much of Goodell,  but please refrain from using any part of my nom de plume when describing him to even imply that he has the ability that it takes to be even part bozo is way beyond Goodell's comprehension...LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He could swap out with Obama & they could then take a job screwing something else up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

CEO salaries are out of control in the US especially in relation to what other competent mid level and upper level managers, doing their jobs well, make; let alone normal, hard working people. Do we end up paying for it somehow? Yes! Higher ticket and concession prices, higher cable TV bills, higher sportswear prices are examples. 

The most troubling aspect is the lack of scrutiny on this issue on this board. We are all seduced into arguing who is at fault in Martin vs. Incognito or who is better: Manning or Brady. All these arguements are meaningless because they are diversions away from the big issues: income inequality and a widening gap between rich and poor. What is it that Goodell does that someone else on this board could not do? Why are some compensated so much while others work so hard and get so little?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

if you ask 32 owners if Goodell is worth it, they would say yes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

44 million?  Isn't that what the jets gave sanchez???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Yeah but when congress takes away the non profit status of the NFL then that 44M will be taxed different. The teams are taxed locally So I don't think they would fall under that umbrella completely.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

$44 mil just seems excessive IMHO...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He could swap out with Obama & they could then take a job screwing something else up.

[/QUOTE]

Typical tea bagger BS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Typical tea bagger BS.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The whole thing is kind of crazy when you think about it, I mean here you have a  guy making 44 million and you're saying all the owners would say he is worth every dime. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's crazy. It's crazy to think of what these owners are worth, what the league brings in for revenue and how it's virtually guaranteed every single year.

There aren't too many business's that are recesssion proof like the NFL - I watched the real estate market fall, the tech bubble come and go, people's retirements go up in flames, saw us spend 10 years in Iraq costing this country billions, I've watched the American dollar fall so far that it's credit rating went from AA to AA- for only the second time in history...and yet there's the old NFL, trucking along like none of it ever happened.

And we are paying for all of it, try taking a family of four to a game, it will cost you 500 bucks...maybe 600. Try to buy your kids some sweathshirts (good one's), it will cost you 50 or more....forget game jerseys. What does a beer cost at Gillette right now? The last time I was there I think it cost maybe 9.00?? I can't remember. When I was a kid my dad used to take us to a few pro games a year (Bruins, Sox, Patriots), now if you do that it will cost you over 2000 dollars. I'd like to say that will hurt the future of the league - having kids not go to the games and get into the sport when they are younger - but it won't hurt it one bit. The NFL is a machine that can't be stopped.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oddlyenough. Show oddlyenough's posts

No one's holding a gun to any of our heads to make us consume this product.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Ordinarily, I wouldn't care what a guy running a private business makes. That's between him and his shareholders and the board of directors. In this case, however, people that have zero interest in the NFL or in football are paying a litle bit of his salary. As popular as the NFL may seem, the great majority of Americans are not football fans.

The NFL is tax exempt, that means taxpayers subsidize his salary and everything else they do. They also claim that they lose money but somehow can manage to pay Goodell $44 mil and a bunch of other guys seven figure salaries. They should be paying taxes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ordinarily, I wouldn't care what a guy running a private business makes. That's between him and his shareholders and the board of directors. In this case, however, people that have zero interest in the NFL or in football are paying a litle bit of his salary. As popular as the NFL may seem, the great majority of Americans are not football fans.

The NFL is tax exempt, that means taxpayers subsidize his salary and everything else they do. They also claim that they lose money but somehow can manage to pay Goodell $44 mil and a bunch of other guys seven figure salaries. They should be paying taxes.

[/QUOTE]

True

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

The whole thing is kind of crazy when you think about it, I mean here you have a  guy making 44 million and you're saying all the owners would say he is worth every dime. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's crazy. It's crazy to think of what these owners are worth, what the league brings in for revenue and how it's virtually guaranteed every single year.

There aren't too many business's that are recesssion proof like the NFL - I watched the real estate market fall, the tech bubble come and go, people's retirements go up in flames, saw us spend 10 years in Iraq costing this country billions, I've watched the American dollar fall so far that it's credit rating went from AA to AA- for only the second time in history...and yet there's the old NFL, trucking along like none of it ever happened.

And we are paying for all of it, try taking a family of four to a game, it will cost you 500 bucks...maybe 600. Try to buy your kids some sweathshirts (good one's), it will cost you 50 or more....forget game jerseys. What does a beer cost at Gillette right now? The last time I was there I think it cost maybe 9.00?? I can't remember. When I was a kid my dad used to take us to a few pro games a year (Bruins, Sox, Patriots), now if you do that it will cost you over 2000 dollars. I'd like to say that will hurt the future of the league - having kids not go to the games and get into the sport when they are younger - but it won't hurt it one bit. The NFL is a machine that can't be stopped.

Well Said!

When we go to a game, wathch on cable or buy an NFL T-shirt at Sports Authority we are all paying Goodell's salary of 44 mil. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I generally agree with a lot you say but

I don't like Goodell at all but

Goodell is paid bt the Nfl teams with after tax dollars from the 32 teams? All the nfl head qtrs are is a committee to manage league affairs. It isn't profit making unto itself. The nfl teams are not writing off the league expenses on their books. and besides half of goodfellas income is paid back in taxes

the whole nfl not being taxed is a red herring, but the fans are paying for him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are the owners making more money than ever? If so, he is doing his job. Unfortunately, he doesn't get paid to protect the nfl legacy nor care about players unless either benefit the nfl financials and owners. So I get what you are saying, but think for a second how he gets paid and, if he is putting money in both the nfl and owners pockets. Check on both.

oh, did I mention the nfl is a non-profit entity. Lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo...I noted that below, but better classification is tax exempt, not non-profit which I used.

how in any sane world can a multi-billion dollar industry be tax exempt when the CEO gets paid more than most of the Fortune 500 CEos....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's some pretty good bank. I didn't realize those guys got paid so much. Haven't really thought about it.

The bad news is that most of us on this board can't do what he does.

Is there a Mr. Tantric applying for the job in the future? Laughing I'm pretty sure my app would get filed away in the trash can....lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

$44 mil just seems excessive IMHO...

[/QUOTE]

If someone offerred me $44 mil to do his job, I sure as heck wouldn't say no.