Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Gostkowski = Disaster waiting to happen.

1st Gostowski is the most accurate kicker in Pats history, he just picked a real bad time to shank one. 2 If anybody or any unit should be taking the blame it is our O line and also our O coordinator. Football is the most team oriented of all the major sports,you win as a team and lose as a team. Yes, Ghost missed a FG to end the game, but what about the false start penalties,or the kack of play calling to run the clock out and the FG from 45+ instead of trying to make it a lets say 20 yd FG? So to all the henny penny littles the sky is not falling, we had 1000 chances to lose that game and we still put ourselves in a postion to win even though we were thoroughly outplayed. Doom and Gloom and the legion of the miserable failures resides in Red Sox nation not in Patriot nation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason this offense works is because of Tom Brady.  If they had just put the ball in his hands at some point during the first 58 minutes instead of waiting until the last two minutes this game would have been over by halftime.

[/QUOTE]

Running was ineffective. Too much invested in it considering that. We lose.

Anybody else just want to never even see Woodhead on the field again?

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Woodhead once the team and media darling?  The epitome of the patriot way both from a personnel (finding the diamond in the rough for nothing) and player perspective (not caring about money but just wanting to play football)?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Year one he was effective. Now he isn't. The rest of your trolling is neither here nor there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Have you ever wondered why it is only his 3rd opportunity? I would say BB clearly shelters him from pressure if possible.

[/QUOTE]

Other than the '07 Super Bowl, I can't recall any situation where a pressure FG was avoided.  If you can give an example of ONE, I'd love to hear it.

[/QUOTE]

No. I have no examples. He's an awesome kicker. My bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

If you don't have a kicker that can't kick under pressure why have him.  I hate to be one of those guys that says "kick him off the team" for one play.  Cundiff was a pro bowler and was released based on one kick.  I honestly can't think of a game where he made a big pressure kick.  We all agree the game shouldn't have come down to that kick but these games happen and you need a clutch kicker for those games.  Why can't we get guys like Vinatieri!  Didn't he kick a game winning 53 yarder yesterday?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

seriously, Gostowski is one of the best kickers in the NFL.  Dude with 4 FGs with 2 at 50+ and he does this regularly.  He might not have Vin's "resume" at crunch time but Gostkowski is normally reliable.  

The Pats treated a 42 yarder as though it was a chip shot...just ran down the clock, didn't try and get closer.  How many teams do that?  That should tell you all you need to know about the kicker.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jh13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seriously, Gostowski is one of the best kickers in the NFL.  Dude with 4 FGs with 2 at 50+ and he does this regularly.  He might not have Vin's "resume" at crunch time but Gostkowski is normally reliable.  

The Pats treated a 42 yarder as though it was a chip shot...just ran down the clock, didn't try and get closer.  How many teams do that?  That should tell you all you need to know about the kicker.  

[/QUOTE]

What ot tells you is that his chances of making a 42 yarder are about the same as making a 30 yarder. In other words, he's a 500 pound gorilla kicker. If it's straight. it's good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PatsNut5480's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you don't have a kicker that can't kick under pressure why have him.  I hate to be one of those guys that says "kick him off the team" for one play.  Cundiff was a pro bowler and was released based on one kick.  I honestly can't think of a game where he made a big pressure kick.  We all agree the game shouldn't have come down to that kick but these games happen and you need a clutch kicker for those games.  Why can't we get guys like Vinatieri!  Didn't he kick a game winning 53 yarder yesterday?

[/QUOTE]

Belichick doesn't value kickers as demonstrated by his willingness to let vinatieri go.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jh13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What ot tells you is that his chances of making a 42 yarder are about the same as making a 30 yarder. In other words, he's a 500 pound gorilla kicker. If it's straight. it's good.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they lackedconfidence in the qb.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Belichick doesn't value kickers as demonstrated by his willingness to let vinatieri go.

[/QUOTE]

BB knew AV was at the end of his career.  He's been much worse for more money since he ran out of town.  BB knows you don't draft kickers and you don't pay big money for them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ClifordWasHere's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB knew AV was at the end of his career.  He's been much worse for more money since he ran out of town.  BB knows you don't draft kickers and you don't pay big money for them.

[/QUOTE]

Much worse?  Explain.  

Didnt belichick draft the current kicker?

Big money is a relative term.  Your comment translated is the same as mine.  He doesn't value kickers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

a game winning 53 yarder yesterday?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much worse?  Explain.  

Big money is a relative term.  Your comment translated is the same as mine.  He doesn't value kickers.

[/QUOTE]

Troll, why are you even here?  If the mods would do there jobs this place would be much better.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ClifordWasHere's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a game winning 53 yarder yesterday?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much worse?  Explain.  

[/QUOTE]

Troll, why are you even here?  If the mods would do there jobs this place would be much better.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, when a statement has been thoroughly and accurately refuted, the best retort is to go ad hominem. thanks for proving your limitations Russ. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ghost is 14/16 in his playoff career.

Yeah...disaster.

Sorry if someone already cited this, I wasn't going to bother reading through a thread so off base, just wanted to throw this out there.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Money from Indy for AV was about the same, but more was guaranteed.