Great Article on Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Great Article on Edelman

He’s just the greatest competitor that I think I’ve ever been around and probably the greatest all-around football player that I’ve ever been around,

This is coming from they guy that also coached Josh Cribbs, it's a really good read.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/01/05/what-kind-of-a-first-impression-does-julian-edelman-make-and-links/#more-5550

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Great Article on Edelman

another great article (sorry I'm bored)

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/4/22/849496/getting-to-know-super-sleeper

This was all said about him last year:

"He’s a really skilled guy, similar to (Antwaan) Randle El and Seneca Wallace. He can play ‘Wildcat,’ return kicks, and he may be the next Wes Welker as a wide receiver," a league insider said.

"The Edelman kid just flat out scares you. I watched Kent vs. Ball State tape. They had to put a spy on him, and the kid was not very effective. The kid’s Houdini, he really is. All the hits he takes, you got defenders running into each other,"  Brookhart said before the Akron/Kent State game last season.

(that sounds familiar)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Edelman is a dynamic player and deserves a fair opportunity to show what kind of player he can be in the NFL. I hope Tom gets the ball to him often this Sunday.

Wally Pipp,  anyone ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's already exceeding exectations for a 7th rounder.  Could be a steal if he keeps on going. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

He cuaght a boat load of passes last week after Wes went down. Lets hope he can at least be 60% of what Wes is and we will do ok!

Go Pats!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If our opponents ( starting with the Ravens ) act like the talking head sportscasters and ignore him then too bad for them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

He doesn't have to be Welker.  He just has to step enough to be reliable when the Patriots need him and make plays at the right time (not worried about stats - I could care less if he only has 2 catches if the 2 catches convert 3rd downs on two scoring drives)

Compensating for Welker will be a team challenge.  Hopefully they can rally around this setback (and hopefully the defense grows a pair, too).

(a comment left on one of the articles was effusive in its praise for Edelman)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I hope he does shine.im just not sold on him yet.sure he will get some catches,and some yards,but there will be times when it really counts we could see the dropped passes,or see him not running where he should be.the crucial third down plays.he can have 200 yrds receiving in the game,but if its 4th and goal in the 4th qtr with 1 min left in the game the ravens have the lead 20 to 14.we are at the ravens 5 yrd line,and the ball is thrown to him,and he drops it.how would you evaluate him?would he be great for the 200 yrds receiveing,or the guy who lost us the game for not catching the 5yrd td pass in the end zone?how many threads will there be after the game stateing he will be the pats future star receiver,or the guy who cant do it when it counts?im not saying this is how it will be,but im saying is dosent matter what kind of stats a player puts up.its the plays that counts the most that a player should be credited for.the third down conversions,and redzone td,s.