Great OTA feedback.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Great OTA feedback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/expert-observations-england-patriots-otas-around-165500077.html

To me, it was great to read that Washington was showing some good burst.  He is going to really help out our return game. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Great OTA feedback.

Thanks for the link.  Encouraging all the way 'round but, as so many have said here and in other threads, 'tis only OTAs.  Still can't help but be encouraged.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

As far as I am concerned Pats are in great shape, OTA's or not.

Major question marks, but with high upside:  The WR position. 

Some questions:  Pass-rush.

After that I feel we are deep and talented at everyother position. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

Haven't you heard we can't get excited it's ota's. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/expert-observations-england-patriots-otas-around-165500077.html

To me, it was great to read that Washington was showing some good burst.  He is going to really help out our return game. 

Yawn Yell

Interesting.  Doesn't mean all that much other than it sounds like BB has had a nice little FA session adding possible key pieces into a good, young and deep base now.

Cannon getting reps at RG makes more sense especially with the signing of Svitek, which was an underrated FA move.

I am intrigued with Donald Jones's potential. He has experience, has produced solidly so far, has good football IQ and the last time BB went in the divison for a guy that played well against us, it was with Welker.  Not saying that means he is Welker, but just saying.

It's such a low profile WR move, it just screams good upside.

And yes, Kelly is a big boy. The interview of him standing next to Mike Reiss is priceless. Reiss already looks like a dwarf who should be living with the Keebler elves, but seeing a 6'6 320 lb monster next to him is hilarious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to JerrySpringer's comment:

Yawn Yell

Interesting.  Doesn't mean all that much other than it sounds like BB has had a nice little FA session adding possible key pieces into a good, young and deep base now.

Cannon getting reps at RG makes more sense especially with the signing of Svitek, which was an underrated FA move.

I am intrigued with Donald Jones's potential. He has experience, has produced solidly so far, has good football IQ and the last time BB went in the divison for a guy that played well against us, it was with Welker.  Not saying that means he is Welker, but just saying.

And yes, Kelly is a big boy. The interview of him standing next to Mike Reiss is priceless. Reiss already looks like a dwarf who should be living with the Keebler elves, but seeing a 6'6 320 lb monster next to him is hilarious.

Sorry that bores you but as a fan that watches the team closesly this statement sums up what I was concerned about last year...

"Washington was the second-best kickoff returner in the NFL last season. The Patriots ranked near the bottom of the league in kick returns, so he should help."

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

What? I said the report was interesting. How is that I am bored if I called the summary interesting?  Completely agree about what Leon Washington represents.  It means we won't be starting at the 20 autmatically every drive.

He was replying to another poster who inserted a yawn emote into the middle of those 2 posts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A lot of people don't put much stock into OTA's and yeah, I get that.  But it's the beginning of the season so that alone should get everyone a bit excited.  I believe I heard today that there is 98 days until the first reg season game.  Might seem like a ways away but that time is going to fly by.

I like OTA's not only is it the start of the season but it gives a good first look at who has been working during the off season.  Riddley and Vereen putting on some muscle apparently working hard.  Surprises me Vereen would do this, hope it doesn't take away any of his speed.  Cannon seems to have put on some size too.  Spikes not there has been interesting although reports are he will be there next month.

While plenty of time for many to get healthy it is interesting to see already some injuries lingering for some.

Missing from practice again were tight end Rob Gronkowski (forearm), wide receiver Julian Edelman (right foot), linebacker Brandon Spikes, and running back Brandon Bolden (ankle). Also missing were offensive linemen Nick McDonald and Will Svitek.

It's also interesting to see who is getting reps with which grouping of players.

"Kyle Arrington manned the first team with Talib to open OTAs while Alfonzo Dennard and Dowling manned the second unit — take that as you will. They all looked terrific — add as much salt as necessary, given the lack of pads and contact — in their first run-through of the offseason, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if Dowling and Dennard get some first-team reps of their own in the weeks to come.

From a pure spectator standpoint, Dowling looked like the best of the bunch. He appeared crisp in his backpedal, changed direction with supreme fluidity and even broke up a few of Tom Brady‘s passes along the sideline. Talib was working hard out on the corner, and both Dennard and Arrington looked solid in their reps, but, for my money at least, Dowling appeared to be the best player out on the corner."

How can you not be excited?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to JerrySpringer's comment:

Yawn Yell

Sorry that bores you but as a fan that watches the team closesly this statement sums up what I was concerned about last year...

"Washington was the second-best kickoff returner in the NFL last season. The Patriots ranked near the bottom of the league in kick returns, so he should help."

What? I said the report was interesting. How is that I am bored if I called the summary interesting?  Completely agree about what Leon Washington represents.  It means we won't be starting at the 20 autmatically every drive.

Not you Russ.. as Mattc said it was for Jerry Springer. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Thanks for the link, very good read. I'm really feeling good about this team. Many of Belichicks moves are often under the radar until that time comes when we say how glad we are that they signed that guy. Ballard wasn't so much under the radar but it was kind if pushed off on the back burner. Now we all see it as brilliant. 

Washington could be a huge upgrade in the return game and some if the d-lineman they've signed will also be an upgrade over the recently released Love and Deadrick. I also think Donald Jones is better than what most people think. He's smart and should work well with Brady.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I like the fact that they are getting younger and faster in the skill positions. I expect big things from Ridley and Vareen. The RB spot will be a key piece to the success of the offense. really looking forward to vareen getting more touches and becoming a bigger part of the offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

What's wrong with svitek?   He's my camp binky. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I want bequette to finally get it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Some inetresting things to follow in camp and pre-season:

Cannon and will he start at RG and which one of Connelly and Wendell starts at center and which one is the inetrior back-up?

Will Gronk and Hern be healthy enough to start the season???

Will Brady have enough patience to help the young WR's be able to step in and contribute right away? Will DA be able to be healthy and productive?

Will Vareen and Ridley be good/productive enough so that they don't have to rely on the pass as much?

what will BB do in the front 7 and what types of schemes will he run based on the personel on the roster?

Will Jones make a big 2nd year Jump and be a dominate player on the edge?

will bequette be a viable option in the front 7 rotation?

Will hightower make enough progress to warrant him being an every down player?

will Collins have an impact?

Will the DB's improve?

Will Ras- I stay on the field?

Will Tayvon Wilson be a starting safety?

what role will A. Wilson play?

There are many more but this is going to be a very ineteresting camp and pre-season for Pat's fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Interested to hear about/see the about the progression of guys like Forston, Francis, Bequette, etc. and wheter guys like Armstead and Vega pan out.  Think they may be happy with the progression of the younger guys or maybe they'll add another vet DE/DT type at some point.   Roster is light at DL, or at least there are some unknowns there who may or may not emerge. 

Re: Washington, I have always liked him as a player and I have no doubt he will help at KR.  Interested to see if they integrate him into the O at all, you'd think he and Vereen will be needed to offset the loss of Woodhead.  

As others mention, it will be interesting to see who emerges at WR behind Amendola.  Lots of potential candidates.  I am excited for camp to see the WR battle in particular. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Cannon and will he start at RG and which one of Connelly and Wendell starts at center and which one is the inetrior back-up?

Will Brady have enough patience to help the young WR's be able to step in and contribute right away? Will DA be able to be healthy and productive?

Will Vareen and Ridley be good/productive enough so that they don't have to rely on the pass as much?

what will BB do in the front 7 and what types of schemes will he run based on the personel on the roster?

Will the DB's improve?

There are many more but this is going to be a very ineteresting camp and pre-season for Pat's fans.

great observations and questions to be answered in camp!

I would include on the list...

-JCunningham, does he have a role? Ditto Gregory?

-Ballard? Bedard said he wasnt running like he used to yet, how long until he is back? He had microfracture surgery, not only ACL surgery

-How mych is Mallett show cased in preseason as opposed to TB trying to get a comfort level with his WR's?

-Most importantly, what is TB's mind set this season? I was talking to a colleague that there is a distinct difference with TB now than earlier. At one time TB was willing to stand in the pocket and if needed take a hit, or throw it away. Now, TB wants to release the ball very quickly avoiding all hits(smartly) and he has a zero tolerence for ints (smartly). Both issues are predicated on his WR's...how long will it take? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Will the DB's improve?

great observations and questions to be answered in camp!

I would include on the list...

-JCunningham, does he have a role? Ditto Gregory?

-Ballard? Bedard said he wasnt running like he used to yet, how long until he is back? He had microfracture surgery, not only ACL surgery

-How mych is Mallett show cased in preseason as opposed to TB trying to get a comfort level with his WR's?

-Most importantly, what is TB's mind set this season? I was talking to a colleague that there is a distinct difference with TB now than earlier. At one time TB was willing to stand in the pocket and if needed take a hit, or throw it away. Now, TB wants to release the ball very quickly avoiding all hits(smartly) and he has a zero tolerence for ints (smartly). Both issues are predicated on his WR's...how long will it take? 

Yup, good stuff. There is no shortage of interesting story lines this pre-season. I really like the  teams  youth on O in the skill positions and on D the secondary and front 7 at the edges edges.

really looking forward to this upcoming year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

would you stop with the trolling on Brady? Everyone here is on to you as a troll...the Pats lose as a team and win as a team, coaches included. TB was not at his best in last years final loss, but neither was the coaching staff.

Does your trolling have to permeate every thread?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

An interesting tidbit from this article is Tommy Kelly playing exclusively at end in OTA's as well as Collins playing at linebacker.  This would indicate they may employ more three man fronts this year which will do wonders for our pass rush and defense as a whole.  If we can run a 3/4 or 3/3/5 more often, we'll be able to get off the field faster, the outside edge rushers will find that those interior blockers are too busy trying to handle Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead and will be able to get free.  

I expect a big sack total this year from Nincovich and Jones but also and more importantly as a team I hope we get into the top 5 sacking teams in the NFL.  Belichick always fields one of the best secondaries but often they are exposed by zero pressure, this will be the biggest difference this year since the early 2000s. Considering I've been calling for this for the past four years, it's a big deal to me.  I still hope we sign another big man (Seymour) closer to camp but we'll be set if Kelly can stay as durable as he has been over the course of his career.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am actually with him at this moment, and I asked. He said TB has not had a comfort level with all of his WR's, so in order to avoid hits, he wants to release the ball within 4 seconds max. He says TB has much more of a comfort level releasing in seconds from the shot gun rather than under C. He says this is directly tied into the WR's not being on the same page as TB due to constant turn over in the position...he also speculated TB would be under C more in a conventional 2WR/1TE set with Wes, Hern as the WR's and Gronk as the TE...

Lastly, he speculates this year due to the WR situation the PAts will be in shot gun 75-85% of their snaps..

25. This post has been removed.