Great Read

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Great Read

jri37 that article wasn't just good, it was an awesome read! Thank you for posting it. Loved the Kurt Warner quote....

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I will believe that when he's back under Center more and also making wiser decisions with the ball. Stop trying so hard to tell me you want to win and show me you know what the path to winning is.

He needs to realized this D is a lot better than he realizes and that it's not about him passing trying to score, almost primarily through the air. If he does want a ring, he'll get back under Center and learn to trust more.

I read these fluff pieces every offseason. SB 46 in particular will eat at him for the rest of his life if he doesn't do what is best for the team. 

You can slam all day long here, but 2007's quest for records, change him as a QB.  Plain as day to me.

There have been times where he's exuded the will to win, but it's those mental lapses that leave everyone speechless, that have been the difference between him reaching his goals or not.

Look, I don't want to argue. Let's just hope this problem is being rectified as we speak and the offensive style changes.

I honestly cannot take another AFC title game with this guy in the shotgun that many times.

Well, looking at the comments on the article a guy names "HallowedHoodie" put:

Step 1 was making the divorce happen from Welkie. Step 2 will be for Tom to get back under center more than he has been in many years.  

The 40+ passes of a shotgun spread has failed even though it was Brady's preference.

know him?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Great article, jri.  Thanks for posting.  How can you not get goosebumps reading that article?  We are a damn lucky fanbase to have this man be the face of our franchise.  So selfless, but yet so competitive and driven.  I wouldn't want anybody else to be our QB.  

Here's to another 5+ years of appreciation.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I will believe that when he's back under Center more and also making wiser decisions with the ball. Stop trying so hard to tell me you want to win and show me you know what the path to winning is.

He needs to realized this D is a lot better than he realizes and that it's not about him passing trying to score, almost primarily through the air. If he does want a ring, he'll get back under Center and learn to trust more.

I read these fluff pieces every offseason. SB 46 in particular will eat at him for the rest of his life if he doesn't do what is best for the team. 

You can slam all day long here, but 2007's quest for records, change him as a QB.  Plain as day to me.

There have been times where he's exuded the will to win, but it's those mental lapses that leave everyone speechless, that have been the difference between him reaching his goals or not.

Look, I don't want to argue. Let's just hope this problem is being rectified as we speak and the offensive style changes.

I honestly cannot take another AFC title game with this guy in the shotgun that many times.

I live in Nj and my brother has season ticketsd to the Ravens In nj all i hear is spygate in the ny post. When i go out in Baltimore with my TB Shirt - all i hear is  about spygate ( well until i talk about muerders and wife beaterwss - lol)

It jsut too easy for these other fans to take a shot. So unfortunately until TB wins another to shut them all up - I am afraid that you are correct. - Even tho TB could have played better in the 18-1 SB - He did lead them down the field for the go ahead - and then we had to watch AS butcher an INT =- the world would have been different - Eli would have been a goat - he and the coach might have been of of NY - And Tb would have been the "greatest" but something he didn't control gave him the loss

but its what life death him-  he has more than almost all- but what i like about TB is that with all the celebirity i think he still gets it

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Great article...kind of sad in a way...just to think that this guy is hitting the twilight of his career. I'm just glad to say I've gotten the chance to watch one of the all time greats - too many times I've had to hear how good Bobby Orr was, or Larry Bird, etc...now I can tell my kids about Brady.

The guy works hard, he did an off season special last year on espn and I was shocked at the condition he was in. A friend of my wife did the tile work in his back bay home a few years ago, he said both Tom and Gieselle were home and treated him very well...seemed like normal people, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Thanks jri!

Look, I agree with jri that we are NOT grateful enough about Brady, who even if he never wins another SB, may well be the greatest of all time....his like will be very sorely missed and we all know that if we are honest about it....

However I also am glad we have cut away TB's binky and think getting more deep and verticle in their passing game is what they need to do...they have decent rb's now, guys who can take the place of the short dink and dunk game, away from the "spread" offense based on a small quick guy getting open or you die on the vine.....and other teams have it all figured out, hence the losses in big games...it's NOT all on the D.

I am with you on the Welker stance. My only issues was Russ reponse right below the original post.

I don't thiink it is totally the D"s fault that they haven't closed the deal recently. As a matter of fact in the article Brady talks specificly about plays he wishes he executed in certain games. The thing that struck me in the piece was his never ending quest to be better and for him to improve to make the team better.

I have been a fan since the mid 70's and a season ticket holder since the mid nineties and he is by far the best player this team has ever seen (john hannah close 2nd) and arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

Again, agree.

Let me put it to you this way:

If for some reason there was a an opportunity to ask him one question with one follow up, I would ask this:

1. Why do you prefer the shotgun spread so much?

2. Do you realize how you have struggled in games, in the postseason in particular,using that as the base formation, passing 40+ times, even with a lead?

I just question if he is even aware of the patterns and mountains of evidence.

And, honestly, I think BB walking from Welkie is symbolic to BB seeing this.  I question whether or not BB actually saw the data until after this last playoff loss, because how can you keep using it, acting like it's not severely flawed?

Your basically asking your entire offense to execute 100% perfectly for 4 qtrs (or close to it), almost like you're on a Japanese game show or something.

Wouldn't it be easier to commit to the ground game to help your offense over those 4 qtrs?

Can anyone even name the last time we opened a game against a good defense, where we drove down the field, with a lengthy drive and we scored a TD?  Even if you can find the example, we're just horrendous at keeping momentun in games with that  base style offense.

Gee crusty noodle, why don't you just ask him?  Pretty sure you'd get one of these and I'm

sure we'd all pay money to see it.

chop photo bruce.gif

You didn't even read the article did you?  Poor BB, nobody writing any articles on his greatness lately, except for him meeting with his friend.  Trailblazing???? LMAO@U

Wonder why?

DEFENSE...DEFENSE....DEFENSE....DEFENSE....DEFENSE.....DEFENSE !!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Thanks for posting the article

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Dear Pezzy,

There is a Brady fluff piece like this every offseason when it's slow.  Frankly, I could care less that he flies on private jets or about this woe is me Brady, because he's got himself to blame for the recent poor performances.

All about Brady now.

Bring back the old Brady when he wasn't flying on private jets and lowering drawbridges to get his mail.

lol

Brady's last 3 AFC title games at home:

Where's the fluff piece on bb's greatness?  Haven't seen one of those in years.

DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE. xxxxxxx

HEY!  Where'd it go?????
      Is that it in the toilet?  You might want to clean that up!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Dear Pezzy,

There is a Brady fluff piece like this every offseason when it's slow.  Frankly, I could care less that he flies on private jets or about this woe is me Brady, because he's got himself to blame for the recent poor performances.

All about Brady now.

Bring back the old Brady when he wasn't flying on private jets and lowering drawbridges to get his mail.

lol

Brady's last 3 AFC title games at home:

Where's the fluff piece on bb's greatness?  Haven't seen one of those in years.

DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE. xxxxxxx

HEY!  Where'd it go?????

LOL Baltimore allowed 31 points in the SB this year. How did Ozzie Newsome's D do?

Or SFs, for that matter?

When I searched on articles for "BB's greatness", the page overloaded, because there are too many.

I guess we could look to the draft room last week when he fleeced the Vikings? 

31 points is less than 34, isn't it?  Oh and they had 13 drives to stop, not 8.  They had 7 possessions in one half.  That's one less than both complete SB's because the D never left the field.  In fact I think they're still there!  LOL

How many points did the Pat's D give up to San Fran again?