Great Read. 2007 Pats with player perspective.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Great Read. 2007 Pats with player perspective.

It's long but worth it.  Great insight from a great team.

I know they lost but in a strange way, it made me proud.  Maybe things aren't so bad after all.

Here's to hoping!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9355518/nfl-2007-pats-wonder-been

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Great Read. 2007 Pats with player perspective.

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

I know they lost but in a strange way, it made me proud.  Maybe things aren't so bad after all.

Here's to hoping!

Did you also see in your "great read" article where the ESPN hack author stated that the Pats cheated for years, prior to 2007 (of course referring to spygate)? I stopped reading at that point. Here's the initial paragraph to the article, written by Seth Dirtbag Wickersham:  

It's almost as if an asterisk exists: 18-1*. The 2007 Patriots were not only the most entertaining team of the 21st century, not only the most dominant, not only the luckiest and unluckiest, but also the most epically conflicted. They won with selfless class and with a bloodthirsty resolve for running up the score. They won with a historic offense and with an unappreciated defense, the opposite of how they had won Super Bowls. They won as a unified team, yet became a divisive force. They won without cheating, as far as we know, but Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft were fined $750,000 for years of cheating, and so their overall record and records they set seem tainted in the eyes of some fans, like the homerun mark. They won games when Tom Brady threw six touchdown passes and they won games when he threw three interceptions. They won despite -- and under the weight of -- their own winning. They won all of their games in September and October and November and December and January. They won so much that you had to appreciate them, even if you hated them, because you can't discuss the greatest teams in NFL history without mentioning them. In fact, they won so much that some players think that they damn well could have won it all -- if only they had lost... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9355518/nfl-2007-pats-wonder-been

ESPN continues to suck, and continues their Patriot hating ways. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Off the topic a bit but....

"That's where all this "Humble Pie" started. We'd have these meetings where Belichick was serving us humble pie. That's his coaching style. It's everything that you do wrong. He's just constantly on you." Brady

Amazing to consider a coach like that is incapable of telling his OC and QB to stop throwing so much. LMAO

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

They won without cheating, as far as we know,

That could be said of every NFL champion in history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Off the topic a bit but....

"That's where all this "Humble Pie" started. We'd have these meetings where Belichick was serving us humble pie. That's his coaching style. It's everything that you do wrong. He's just constantly on you." Brady

Amazing to consider a coach like that is incapable of telling his OC and QB to stop throwing so much. LMAO

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

Bawahaha! Have you ever seen someone so wrong in your entire life as rusty? I truly believe that he is just a internet virus. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's to hoping!

Didyou also see in your "great read" article where the ESPN hack author stated that the Pats cheated for years, prior to 2007 (of course referring to spygate)? I stopped reading at that point. Here's the initial paragraph to the article, written by Seth Dirtbag Wickersham:  

It's almost as if an asterisk exists: 18-1*. The 2007 Patriots were not only the most entertaining team of the 21st century, not only the most dominant, not only the luckiest and unluckiest, but also the most epically conflicted. They won with selfless class and with a bloodthirsty resolve for running up the score. They won with a historic offense and with an unappreciated defense, the opposite of how they had won Super Bowls. They won as a unified team, yet became a divisive force. They won without cheating, as far as we know, but Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft were fined $750,000 for years of cheating, and so their overall record and records they set seem tainted in the eyes of some fans, like the homerun mark. They won games when Tom Brady threw six touchdown passes and they won games when he threw three interceptions. They won despite -- and under the weight of -- their own winning. They won all of their games in September and October and November and December and January. They won so much that you had to appreciate them, even if you hated them, because you can't discuss the greatest teams in NFL history without mentioning them. In fact, they won so much that some players think that they damn well could have won it all -- if only they had lost... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9355518/nfl-2007-pats-wonder-been

[/QUOTE]

Yes TX, unfortunately, that's part of it.  It's also part of the motivation.

I do think that Tom-ass's  BS right before the SB, had a lot to do with them being "tired".

More mentally than physically.  Or at least didn't help.

I was more referring to the players comments about each other, the coach, and the personality of the team, which we seldom see.

It was a special team, one of the greatest, regardless of what happened with 38 seconds remaining in the game.  I'm still proud of them.  They went through he11 to get there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] They won as a unified team, yet became a divisive force. They won without cheating, as far as we know, but Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft were fined $750,000 for years of cheating, and so their overall record and records they set seem tainted in the eyes of some fans, like the homerun mark. They won games when Tom Brady threw six touchdown passes and they won games when he threw three interceptions. They won despite -- and under the weight of -- their own winning. They won all of their games in September and October and November and December and January. They won so much that you had to appreciate them, even if you hated them, because you can't discuss the greatest teams in NFL history without mentioning them. In fact, they won so much that some players think that they damn well could have won it all -- if only they had lost... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9355518/nfl-2007-pats-wonder-been

Yes TX, unfortunately, that's part of it.  It's also part of the motivation.

RESPONSE: Actually, it's their main motivation for this article. The NY media and ESPN hates BB and the Pats. This is just another attempt to kick at the Pats and their fans, when they're down.

I do think that Tom-ass's  BS right before the SB, had a lot to do with them being "tired".

More mentally than physically.  Or at least didn't help.

RESPONSE: Never before in the history of sport has the media injected itself in deciding the outcome of a game. Remember, spygate 2 was release on the eve of the big game. It was clearly designed to inflict a major distraction on the team and the coaching staff. It was the sports equivalent of the "October Surprise", usually released by liberals on the eve of a presidential election.

Unfortunately, these media morons, and the despicable Arlen Specter, were successful. Patriots players and coaches, though not using it as an excuse, have both admitted to being distracted. They stated that the day before the game, the teams' focus was on dealing with the false media allegations, rather than focusing on the game. Do you think that it was a mere coincidence that BB was so badly outcoached...and that the Patriots' offense played by far their worst game of the season?

I was more referring to the players comments about each other, the coach, and the personality of the team, which we seldom see. It was a special team, one of the greatest, regardless of what happened with 38 seconds remaining in the game.  I'm still proud of them.  They went through he11 to get there.

RESPONSE: I know. The Patriots, by losing this game, missed a golden opportunity of gaining football immortality. The players from that 2007 team will likely take that loss to their graves.

[/QUOTE]