Gregory to miss a few weeks with a broken thumb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Gregory to miss a few weeks with a broken thumb

Another stinking injury. Gregory was coming around nicely, I think he did a better job organizing defense than Hightower. Tedy was able to make interceptions with a cast on his hand, not sure if Gregory can do the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Gregory to miss a few weeks with a broken thumb

this has me concerned...I think the drop off to Harmon is quite evident. where is AWilson when we need him? Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

this has me concerned...I think the drop off to Harmon is quite evident. where is AWilson when we need him? Laughing

rkarp, what's the latest update on Talib? You mentioned before that he may be done for the season. Surely hope that Talib will be able to play in the postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rkarp, what's the latest update on Talib? You mentioned before that he may be done for the season. Surely hope that Talib will be able to play in the postseason.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know. At the risk of the board jumping down my throat again, this has not changed. If the Pats are 2-7 rather than 7-2, Talib is shut down and has surgery. The player will try to play thru it, the team is doubtful he can. They may hold him out another 3-5 weeks to see if there is improvement to the degree of pain killers will allow him to play. Is Talib at 80% better than Arrington? Is Ryan ready full time? Those are the issues today, Talib is not ready from what I hear.

And remember, take anything that I say with a grain of salt, take it as heresay...nothing is coming from the definitive source, the team. Just know, there are a lot of guys around the players like Law, Brown, Wiggie, Fauria, Chatham just to name a few...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Yes, I know. At the risk of the board jumping down my throat again, this has not changed. If the Pats are 2-7 rather than 7-2, Talib is shut down and has surgery. The player will try to play thru it, the team is doubtful he can. They may hold him out another 3-5 weeks to see if there is improvement to the degree of pain killers will allow him to play. Is Talib at 80% better than Arrington? Is Ryan ready full time? Those are the issues today, Talib is not ready from what I hear.

And remember, take anything that I say with a grain of salt, take it as heresay...nothing is coming from the definitive source, the team. Just know, there are a lot of guys around the players like Law, Brown, Wiggie, Fauria, Chatham just to name a few...

I get it, you are not BB's son. This is a public message board, any post should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, I'd rather hear a hearsay than silence or pure speculation. Appreciate your insight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Kelly statement... fine. That made sense at the time, as the injury looked significant when it occured, and due to Kelly's complete lack of practice, such an idea (that he was IR-bound) made sense.

But why would Talib be practicing on a regular basis... now 7 or 8 practices in a row, I believe, if he had a catastrohpic injury?

Seems a lot more like the Amendola situation (muscle-tissue injury that needs 3-5 weeks to fully recover with exercise and treatment), as opposed to Kelly's situation (obvious ligamental damage). 

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, of course. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Kelly statement... fine. That made sense at the time, as the injury looked significant when it occured, and due to Kelly's complete lack of practice, such an idea (that he was IR-bound) made sense.

But why would Talib be practicing on a regular basis... now 7 or 8 practices in a row, I believe, if he had a catastrohpic injury?

Seems a lot more like the Amendola situation (muscle-tissue injury that needs 3-5 weeks to fully recover with exercise and treatment), as opposed to Kelly's situation (obvious ligamental damage). 

[/QUOTE]

no one knows if he is practicing. they are closed sessions, other than stretching. so all we know, Talib has been stretching before prcatice.

look, maybe he has a shot before the game, and plays against the Panthers. I have no clue. But this is the 2nd time he has aggravated this same injury, and the solution is surgery...the question is simply when?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hip flexors are funny things. You can still play and practice and it's hard to tell the surverity. One week he can give 60% then next 80% and the next 30%. It's a nagging group of muscles that can cause pain and most certainly effect mobility, speed, and CoD. They could be waiting to see if it improves or gets worse. Kind of like turf toe in a way where you have no clue how the player will respond week to week. This is why I wanted added CB depth this offseason because Talib has a history of being injury prone (seems we've been saying that alot between Amendola, Vereen, and Talib). The good news is this will most def affect his contract demands in the Pats favor. He already has a ton of off field red flags and that he just can't stay healthy during a season will drive his market value way down. I'm thinking at this point a 3 yr 4mil per might be a reasonable offer if half is guareenteed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Another stinking injury. Gregory was coming around nicely, I think he did a better job organizing defense than Hightower. Tedy was able to make interceptions with a cast on his hand, not sure if Gregory can do the same.

[/QUOTE]

Yea the D fell off when Hightower was the man on the headset. My question is why isnt DMC that guy if he is so smart and communicates well.(I heard he talks too much at times) it seems more ideal to have your backer make the calls but DMC is more experienced and I dont get it. Maybe they want him to focus on his job but Gregory has been a pleasant surprise when not asked to cover TEs. I thought it was broken wrist. Good news if he can return for playoff run. He has brought an imitidation factor that was missing last year too. Harmon is ok for now but we need Gregs back for his experience