Gronk and back surgery?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Gronk and back surgery?

Latest Headlines

USA Today reports Rob Gronkowski recently underwent an MRI to check a disc issue in his back and "could require surgery."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Gronk and back surgery?

@AdamSchefter : Rob Gronkowski's back issue considered minor, per source. If he needs surgery it'd be during time frame that he'd be out with arm surgery. 1 hour ago

A good thing for Gronk he signed that $54 million extension.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

"Profootballtalk.com is "told" that doctors are confident Rob Gronkowski's arm infection has "subsided," and that he'll avoid a fifth surgery."

If this turns out well and the back issue is minor things look pretty good all things considered.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

If this turns out well and the back issue is minor things look pretty good all things considered.

If may Aunt was a man, she would be my Uncle!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

I said this when they drafted GRONK! "He will be in a constant mess with his back, and possibly other related injuries. Yes he is outstanding when on the field, but as I said at his drafting by the Patriots, I will be amazed if he makes it past the 5 year mark in Pro Football.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

If may Aunt was a man, she would be my Uncle!!

Your Aunt would be like mine then! Gronk should be ready to go come preseason. However if he's not there,there are only 5 more TE's on the Patriots 90 man roster! Including two guys who are at least 6'6 Ballard and Sudfeld.The other three range from 6'2 to 6'4.5.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Despite all the hand wringing about injuries, at the end of the day Gronk hadn't missed any games until last season and with the exception of the SB in 2011 he was fully healthy (as much as football players can be) for every game his first 2 seasons.  I'll worry when he starts missing more significant time.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Despite all the hand wringing about injuries, at the end of the day Gronk hadn't missed any games until last season and with the exception of the SB in 2011 he was fully healthy (as much as football players can be) for every game his first 2 seasons.  I'll worry when he starts missing more significant time.

Except that he's been limited/unavailable in 2 of the most important games of his short, 3-year career.  His injury in the SB is almost undoubtedly the difference between winning and losing the SB.  His absence in the AFCCG is arguably the difference between winning and losing that game as well.  

People that get nervous about his health have every reason to be.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I was nervous after this landing,

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyj7jdks6F1rnmtodo1_500.jpg

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hard to say the Super Bowl isn't significant time.  May not be a lot of time, but it sure as heck is significant time!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Hard to say the Super Bowl isn't significant time.  May not be a lot of time, but it sure as heck is significant time!

Clever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Except that he's been limited/unavailable in 2 of the most important games of his short, 3-year career.  His injury in the SB is almost undoubtedly the difference between winning and losing the SB.  His absence in the AFCCG is arguably the difference between winning and losing that game as well.  

People that get nervous about his health have every reason to be.

But, again, that proves our imbalanced offense.  As great as a Welker or Gronk are, them not having a good game or not being there should in no way be tied to a longstanding problem of offensive approach.

The fact you are making that mistake, IMO, is why our offense is imbalanced.

Short of Brady going down, one other player as a target for him should not completely cripple this team's ability to plug someone else in and move the sticks, control the ball, not throw INTs on 1st down, not stare down just the remaining 1 or 2 passing options you prefer, etc.

This is the problem some of our fans have with a 53 man roster where they are fixated on the star name on the jersey, almost exclusively.

The fact is, we were BETTER prepared without Gronk vs Balt than we were in the SB.

Look at the result.  Did we throw to Hooman on a check down? Did we stack the TEs with Fells and Hooman and run plays with Brady under Center? No.

We ran a gimmick hurry up with some shotguns and only put up 13 points.

There's no need to open the can of worms about play-calling.

The fact is, when healthy, Gronk is a Difference Maker, all over the field and particularly in the red zone.

They are called Difference Makers for a reason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

It's getting time to unload this sucker...  I believe that the Patriots organization is as much to blame for his condition as he is to blame.  This once-prized possession of the Patriots has put his career on speed-dial out the door...