Gronk and back surgery?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Gronk and back surgery?

In response to MudCityManglers's comment:

I said this when they drafted GRONK! "He will be in a constant mess with his back, and possibly other related injuries. Yes he is outstanding when on the field, but as I said at his drafting by the Patriots, I will be amazed if he makes it past the 5 year mark in Pro Football.

You might be right.  I agree that it is very possible that he doesn't have another productive season with the Patriots again. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't care how "minor" a procedure Gronk is going to have on his back - back injuries are debilitating for people. I've seen what back injuries can do to people...it's not pretty. Now maybe Gronk will be just fine and dandy come opening day (and the guy already has come back from one major back injury), but I do have concerns that this guy is going to once again be the unstoppable force we had that defenses couldn't cover. I think there is a very real chance those days could be over. And I think there is a very real chance we made a huge mistake paying these tight ends 90 million between the two of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think there are way too many people that feel controlling someone else's life and passing judgement on them is an acceptable use of time.

This is the slow season in the NFL. Next week it will be "Hernandez has a hangnail that may require career ending surgery!" or "There is nothing really wrong with Tom Brady but if you look in his eyes he might go blind!"or "If Gronk keeps living like this, he will die one day!"

BTW I've had bulging disks, in most cases surgury is not necessary. Ruptured disks, on the other hand, are a totally different thing all together.

Say....ummmmm....Broomhilda.....you get into the liquor cabinet a bit early today??

Written like a true Jets fan!

I forget: What is the beef between you two?

I guess the person doesn't like that I'm sick of the  sensationalist doom and gloom that always surrounds the Pats. I here it on the radio all the time, on message boards, blogs, newspaper articles. It is everywhere, like the black death of the 1300's!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think there are way too many people that feel controlling someone else's life and passing judgement on them is an acceptable use of time.

This is the slow season in the NFL. Next week it will be "Hernandez has a hangnail that may require career ending surgery!" or "There is nothing really wrong with Tom Brady but if you look in his eyes he might go blind!"or "If Gronk keeps living like this, he will die one day!"

BTW I've had bulging disks, in most cases surgury is not necessary. Ruptured disks, on the other hand, are a totally different thing all together.

Say....ummmmm....Broomhilda.....you get into the liquor cabinet a bit early today??

I guess the person doesn't like that I'm sick of the  sensationalist doom and gloom that always surrounds the Pats. I here it on the radio all the time, on message boards, blogs, newspaper articles. It is everywhere, like the black death of the 1300's!

Well honestly let's face it, as long as we have Brady and Belichick together we can roll a college roster out there and we'd still have a chance. My feeling on Gronk is that he will be back next year - it's just that I think we might end up seeing a guy that is in and out of the lineup...which stinks, but hey that's football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcedar4492. Show bobcedar4492's posts

Kraft gave Gronk a 54 million dollar new contract so Gronk owes it to Mr Kraft and his teammates to do everything in his power to be in football shape and to heal accordingly and follow what the doctors tell him to do. I seriously doubt any doctor is telling him to get RATFACED every night drinking, stay up all night long-- impairing the effects of his current antibiotics.

He is a selfish, headline seeking fool on a mission.....he is far from the dedicated athlete that he wants people to believe he is. He has a different agenda- party 24 hours a day and be on a reality show.

Yes, he is unstoppable on the field ,but this is 5 surgeries in the last 4 years for him.

Let's review all of Gronk's off field questionable behavior in the last 2 years---- 1) after losing the SB to the NYG he shocks everyone by getting blitzed, taking his shirt off and acting like a complete fool -- AFTER A LOSS, NOT A WIN 2) Belichick and Kraft call him in and tell him to calm down on the partying and summer of Gronk.....While Hernandez moves to California to work out with Brady , Gronk buys a Miami beach house to party ala Jersey Shore style with his brothers--- DOES NOT SOUND LIKE CUTTING DOWN THE PARTYING BUT INCREASING  3) His doctors tell him to lay off the booze so the antibiotics can heal properly and we find out he hass infections 4 months after surgeries BECAUSE HE HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM

Trade him asap for 2 number 1s or a first and second round draft pick and go with Hernandez and Ballard , this kid is a selfish loser

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Since BB took over this club, I listen and read everything....and believe nothing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Agree.  Sadly, we have many "customers" to buy into it here.  The media knows it, so they create things, feed the beast so to speak and they make millions of off of kids and dumb adults.

Goebbels propaganda 101.  If you say it enough, people might believe it. You don't need facts or to make sense.

and u raise this theory to an artform

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Despite all the hand wringing about injuries, at the end of the day Gronk hadn't missed any games until last season and with the exception of the SB in 2011 he was fully healthy (as much as football players can be) for every game his first 2 seasons.  I'll worry when he starts missing more significant time.

Except that he's been limited/unavailable in 2 of the most important games of his short, 3-year career.  His injury in the SB is almost undoubtedly the difference between winning and losing the SB.  His absence in the AFCCG is arguably the difference between winning and losing that game as well.  

People that get nervous about his health have every reason to be.

But, again, that proves our imbalanced offense.  As great as a Welker or Gronk are, them not having a good game or not being there should in no way be tied to a longstanding problem of offensive approach.

The fact you are making that mistake, IMO, is why our offense is imbalanced.

Short of Brady going down, one other player as a target for him should not completely cripple this team's ability to plug someone else in and move the sticks, control the ball, not throw INTs on 1st down, not stare down just the remaining 1 or 2 passing options you prefer, etc.

This is the problem some of our fans have with a 53 man roster where they are fixated on the star name on the jersey, almost exclusively.

The fact is, we were BETTER prepared without Gronk vs Balt than we were in the SB.

Look at the result.  Did we throw to Hooman on a check down? Did we stack the TEs with Fells and Hooman and run plays with Brady under Center? No.

We ran a gimmick hurry up with some shotguns and only put up 13 points.

Russ...I don't think it proves anything other than Brady needs more depth of weapons at his disposal. Gronk when healthy is arguably in the top 3 te's in football. That is hard to replace. And, without him, we had welker, Lloyd and HernadeZ. Good receiving crew, but none of these guys require anything more than single man coverage...and, they are not very diverse in what part of the field they work.he if these young wr's can click with Danny and out te's, we have a much deeper and diverse offense than years past, and I would then agree with your premise of just plugging in another TE and not losing tons of production. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The pats can put Gronk on IR and bring him back for the playoffs if we want too.  Let this kid heal and ride him the rest of his contract.  There's going to be others go down this season. We need more then one basket to put our eggs in. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Is there surgery to fix the bone in his head?

+1 :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Is there surgery to fix the bone in his head?

Written like a true jets fan!

+1 :)