Gronk and Pats disagree over return

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Gronk and Pats disagree over return

UPDATE: Saturday, Sept. 28

Jeff Howe of The Boston Herald has the latest on why Gronk hasn't made his return to the field yet: 

Tight end Rob Gronkowski and the Patriots have a disagreement over his availability for tomorrow's game against the Falcons, two sources have told the Herald.

The Patriots believe Gronkowski is healthy enough to make his season debut after an offseason that included back surgery and a series of arm procedures. However, Gronkowski and his camp are wary about returning too soon, particularly after last season when he broke his forearm and then re-injured it when he returned for the playoffs.

This divide isn't new this week, either. The Patriots believed during training camp that Gronkowski could potentially be ready as early as Week 2 for the Jets game, but Gronkowski was eying a target date closer to Week 6.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1758080-rob-gronkowski-injury-updates-on-patriots-tes-status-likely-return-date

Interseting to read. I think I rather wait till Gronk thinks he's ready. That way he's both physically and mentally ready for the physical, violent nature of football. Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Gronk and Pats disagree over return

If these reports are accurate, then it would make for a sticky situation.  However, I just don't see how these reporters obtained this information.  Did meathead come out and say "I don't think I can play this weekend but Belichick is making me"? 

I think there are probably just conflicting reports about his availability and reporters are jumping to conclusions as to why there is no concrete answer.  That's my .02

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

If these reports are accurate, then it would make for a sticky situation.  However, I just don't see how these reporters obtained this information.  Did meathead come out and say "I don't think I can play this weekend but Belichick is making me"? 

I think there are probably just conflicting reports about his availability and reporters are jumping to conclusions as to why there is no concrete answer.  That's my .02

That's true. IMO I think it's just someone like Gronk's agent spreading that. I can understand if Gronk is worried though. If it is true I rather have him sit out for longer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

That's true. IMO I think it's just someone like Gronk's agent spreading that. I can understand if Gronk is worried though. If it is true I rather have him sit out for longer.

If Gronk personally doesn't feel like he's ready, then LET HIM SIT!!! How did it work out when he was rushed back into action last year? If a player doesn't feel ready, he's going to perform as if he's walking on eggs. Gronk has not shown himself to be a slacker.

The team has signed him to a long term deal. What's that deal worth to the team, if Gronk reinjures himself again?

I was concerned when BB foolishly decided to keep Gronk off the PUP list to start the season. This decision wasted a roster spot on the team for its' first six games. Now it's becoming evident that BB made the wrong decision.

Keep Gronk sidelined until he is 100%, and, just as importantly, until he believes he's 100%. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

If Gronk personally doesn't feel like he's ready, then LET HIM SIT!!! How did it work out when he was rushed back into action last year? If a player doesn't feel ready, he's going to perform as if he's walking on eggs. Gronk has not shown himself to be a slacker.

The team has signed him to a long term deal. What's that deal worth to the team, if Gronk reinjures himself again?

I was concerned when BB foolishly decided to keep Gronk off the PUP list to start the season. This decision wasted a roster spot on the team for its' first six games. Now it's becoming evident that BB made the wrong decision.

Keep Gronk sidelined until he is 100%, and, just as importantly, until he believes he's 100%. 

I think that's a bad precedent to set if the team was to decide its up to the player when they can come back.  What's the point of having team doctors for then????  If Gronk doesn't think he is ready, let him get a second opionion and let's hear another doctor say he is not ready. 

If he does want to sit, and he has no doctor to back it up, then tell him to forfeit his paycheck for the game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

pfffffffffftttttttttttt............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

From the article: "the Herald has reported since June that Gronkowski should be ready to go by late September"

where did that info come from?  If the Pats said game 2 and Gronk's "camp" said game 6 then the herald's report of late September must be the reporter's medical opinion.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

From the article: "the Herald has reported since June that Gronkowski should be ready to go by late September"

where did that info come from?  If the Pats said game 2 and Gronk's "camp" said game 6 then the herald's report of late September must be the reporter's medical opinion.  

The Herald reports what ever will sell more papers and create more clicks and to h3ll with reporting the truth! They employ a liar and a liar and plagurist!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not sure I'm seeing any great significance whether Gronk re-injures himself tomorrow or two weeks from now.

It's true enough that the guy has shown himself to be perhaps more courageous than smart; so if he says he can't go, I'm willing to take him at his word. But I'm simply not expecting Gronk to be back for very long, whenever he comes back.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

TexPat I agree with you that we definitely should wait until Gronk feels he is 100%, however I do take issue with you saying "BB foolishly decided to keep Gronk off the PUP list to start the season. This decision wasted a roster spot on the team for its' first six games. Now it's becoming evident that BB made the wrong decision." I think thru the first 3 weeks you see how UNimportant the 53rd spot is. And if Drs say Gronk is ready then BB made the right choice not to PUP him but is giving Gronk a little leeway until his mind is ready to play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He is fine, but let him sit if he wants to.

He can tackle, pass, head,
    Michael Carrick is a Red.
    Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas,
    Your not fit to wipe his @r$3!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

No. Lots of reporters getting lots of stories and opinions at different times anything can come out of that.

Once the game starts it is going to be between BB, McD and Gronk. Simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

I'm not sure I'm seeing any great significance whether Gronk re-injures himself tomorrow or two weeks from now.

It's true enough that the guy has shown himself to be perhaps more courageous than smart; so if he says he can't go, I'm willing to take him at his word. But I'm simply not expecting Gronk to be back for very long, whenever he comes back.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

The difference has nothing to do with the healing of the arm or the back. After almost a year, two weeks won't make a differenc ein bone development.

The difference has to do with fitness and conditioning, as well as psychological.

Are his arms strong enough to avoid fumbling when other teams target them? Don't be surprised if they try to hit those arms and hit them hard, to test if they are strong enough or if he is confident those arms are strong enough.

Are his legs strong enough so he is more likely to stay up when tackled? Everytime he drops there is a risk of re-injuring.

I would not send him out there unless he is close to where he used to be on leg and arm strength.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gronkowski should shut his trap.  Belichick is the king of lying about injuries to confuse the prep of the upcoming opponents.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Gronkowski should shut his trap.  Belichick is the king of lying about injuries to confuse the prep of the upcoming opponents.

The funniest thing to me about the whole injury report thing is how all the fantasy footballl . . .    ummmm   . . . .  people . . .  get all up in arms because certain coaches like to keep a tight reign on any and all information regarding . . .   you know . . .   everything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

+-----------------------------------

I think the above is sensible, even logical.  However, players don't trust team doctors. Wonder why? 

http://deadspin.com/5980550/nfl-players-dont-trust-team-doctors

If you're a member of the Kraft family, Gronk is pulling in some pretty hefty game checks for walking around the sidelines.   If you're the GM/coach, hard to swallow a loss with your best player walking around the sidelines.   If he's too brittle to play the game, best to find-out and move on.  Teams must hold some interesting insurance policies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

For a guy who has just not been there when he has been needed most, it seems disturbing if these reports are true. One would think he would be ripping at the shackles to get back on the field considering his absences when the need was most dire.

Of course to bring him back too soon is stupid if it is actually too soon. But that would be a level of stupidity no worse than playing your star cog on something as insignificant as extra points. That's big league stupid. No. worse, that's "Rusty Stupid".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He has his whole career ahead of him.  Why come back a couple of weeks early (1/8 of one season) with the team at 3-0  ever?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I would imagine it's his agent Drew Rosenhaus keeping Gronk off the field more than BB.  I'd be shocked if it were Gronk himself considering the wild behavior he has shown in the past.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He has his whole career ahead of him.  Why come back a couple of weeks early (1/8 of one season) with the team at 3-0  ever?

The problem is that Gronk's actions are starting to leave a heaping pile of excuses in their wake.

He gets hurt before the SB and plays but might as well not even be there. But is capable of going out and partying and dancing like a fool after a heartbreaking loss.

He has a bum arm but can go out and do stupid stage wrestling/dance stunts.

Now the team reportedly says he is good to play because of an injury last year, but he doesn't want to.

I'm just not really seeing a lot of "I GAS about the NEPs" here. I'm seeing a big goofy kid that only cares about a big goofy kid, and his $$$$$.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

If everyone believes what they read and hear, then we're all in a lot trouble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I am stunned at a 23 year old breaking his arm in January and then needing 8 months of rehab to be able to get out on the field again.  No one is asking the guy to go all out here, but to just take some reps and get back into the flow.

Somewhat disturbing NE did not PUP Gronk so he could practice and he's still limited in practice? What is he limited for? Is he scared?

I have broken bones and had a cast, was back out there in 6 weeks.  What is the problem?

I hate to bring this up, but could it be roid or HGH abuse?  Seriously.  It's not his back that is the issue, it has to be the arm and some kind of fear.

Cue the scene from Top Gun when Maverick can't get back in and engage after Goose dies...lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkosNfWFIg

Back at what? Typing on your computer? if you " hate to bring something up" than dont. Seriously. Don't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

The Herald is a Murdock owned newspaper, what more do you need to know about its misinformation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Volin really stuck his neck out on this one; he was the only reporter I know of saying these two would play and the Globe and boston.com went with that as headlines. Now on the heels of reports they didn't even make the trip, he tweets his sources say "things changed over night." I think he needs better sources.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.