Gronk Has Ligament Damage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage

In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage:
    [QUOTE]Again, I still have no concerns with regard to Gronk by the time this game is played. I might have slight concerns if it were this Sunday, but he's got 2 full weeks to recover & treat the injury.  Part of me wishes he played hockey instead, can you even just imagine this kid in a B's uniform????  
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

The Bruins, in the early 80s, use a high #1 pick on huge defenceman Gord Kluzak, who was almost Gronk-size. Unfortunately, The Kluz never really made it big, due to chronic knee problems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord_Kluzak

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Very probable, the 90's for me are a bit fuzzy <g>.  However, I was referring more to his mentality and how he approaches the game he loves, that combined with his size/athleticism is what makes him the beast that he is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Very probable, the 90's for me are a bit fuzzy <g />.  However, I was referring more to his mentality and how he approaches the game he loves, that combined with his size/athleticism is what makes him the beast that he is.

Sorry. I was thinking of Gord Kluzak, the B's #1 pick in 1982....who was also the #1 draft choice that year, overall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Up until and during the game there will be dozens and dozens of speculative stories on the state of Gronk's ankle from reporters playing doctor and from doctors who have nothing to do with the Patriots or Gronk. Get used to it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

From reading much of this topic looks like Gronk will be between 90%-100% in the SB.

Less than 100% means most moves he will be able to do 100%, a couple cuts on that leg he wont be able to push off 100% which means for most of the game no one will notice. There might be a play of two where he does not get open when he would have before and one where he might get only 10 yard after catch instead of 15.

The Giants will still have to account for him and if they decide to hedge towards another option in coverge cause they think he is off, they will probably pay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage :      Sorry. I was thinking of Gord Kluzak, the B's #1 pick in 1982....who was also the #1 draft choice that year, overall.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I was 12. I was living in the Pacific Northwest. I hadn't found hockey yet. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just a thought...any chance BB will try to make it seem like Gronk is hurt worse than he is? And that may be a stretch because he no doubt was pretty badly hurt on that play. I just remember when we played the Eagles and Owens had the ankle injury - it looked like he took us by surprise with what he could do that day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : 6'6 D Man?  The only person I can think of is Hal Gill, but he hade it. He's 6'7.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Kluzak was "only" 6'4".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : I was 12. I was living in the Pacific Northwest. I hadn't found hockey yet. :-)

Stop! you're making me feel old...LOL!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

They are going to shoot him up with so much painkillers that he won't be feeling much during the game.

I expect him to have an impact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]They are going to shoot him up with so much painkillers that he won't be feeling much during the game. I expect him to have an impact.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

Yep.  He's not missing this game.  He also will not be 100%.  Hernandez is going to have to step up bigtime, as he's done many times this season.

But I'll take an 80% Gronk over the Giants' healthy linebackers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Yes the man is hurt. Nothing tape cant fix. They will tape that ankle and he will play better then other players out there. Gronk will still get his 2 TD's and make some great catches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Just a thought...any chance BB will try to make it seem like Gronk is hurt worse than he is? And that may be a stretch because he no doubt was pretty badly hurt on that play. I just remember when we played the Eagles and Owens had the ankle injury - it looked like he took us by surprise with what he could do that day.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I don't think he has to. The press will take care of that for him. The Giants coaching staff will plan for him being 100% so it really doesn't matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Carson Butler and Garrett Mills on practice squad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Carson Butler and Garrett Mills on practice squad.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Mills was released a few weeks ago, Bub.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage": [QUOTE]Dr. Kaplan did not examine Gronk.  That's the difference.  Ben's was severe, it's not likely Gronk's is based on the evidence TFB12 posted. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE] Ben twisted his ankle much worse than Gronk did. Ben's foot got twisted around almost all the way, and the defender landed more heavily on him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage": [QUOTE]From reading much of this topic looks like Gronk will be between 90%-100% in the SB. Less than 100% means most moves he will be able to do 100%, a couple cuts on that leg he wont be able to push off 100% which means for most of the game no one will notice. There might be a play of two where he does not get open when he would have before and one where he might get only 10 yard after catch instead of 15. The Giants will still have to account for him and if they decide to hedge towards another option in coverge cause they think he is off, they will probably pay. Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE] The only concern I have is his practice status. Staying sharp with his routes and cuts will be important.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : Mills was released a few weeks ago, Bub.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    hmmm, thanks for the correction. Looked for it again, and couldn't find the link, doh!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

10 days, a ton of tape, pain killers and adrenalin do quite a lot. 

I think he will be fine and make an impact. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage": The only concern I have is his practice status. Staying sharp with his routes and cuts will be important.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I'm not so concerned of him getting rusty after roughly 24 weeks straight of football, it's him being able to make cuts, block and break tackles that worries me. You know they are going to get real physical with him. I'm hoping his ankle will be so shot up and taped that he won't be affected by it. I bet he doesn't practice again till next Thursday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]10 days, a ton of tape, pain killers and adrenalin do quite a lot.  I think he will be fine and make an impact. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

I agree

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage": [QUOTE]Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : I'm not so concerned of him getting rusty after roughly 24 weeks straight of football, it's him being able to make cuts, block and break tackles that worries me. You know they are going to get real physical with him. I'm hoping his ankle will be so shot up and taped that he won't be affected by it. I bet he doesn't practice again till next Thursday. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] Maybe it's a chance for Hernandez to go wild like he did in Tebow Bowl 1?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gronk will play, Gronk will Gronk all night long Wooooooooo!!