Gronk is the best TE ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Gronk is the best TE ever?

Gronk is a special talented players as most of the NFL experts says.  He is the beast. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Gronk is the best TE ever?

Way too early for that title......He is a beast though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

its early but he's already set an nfl record for td receptions. he's been consistant since his first game here so there is no reason to think that he will slide. the question is becoming is he the best offensive player in the entire nfl?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk is the best TE ever?:
    [QUOTE]its early but he's already set an nfl record for td receptions. he's been consistant since his first game here so there is no reason to think that he will slide. the question is becoming is he the best offensive player in the entire nfl?
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]
    If the Pats got the Lomb. trophy in this season, He and Tom will be share a MVP title for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Fit him for his HoF jacket.  Actually, he can have McCourtey's that crusty had given out last year.  He wont be needing it.

Seriously though, thank gronk for me as I am the #1 seed in FF with much thanks to him.  30 pt weeks from your TE is so money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Fit him for his HoF jacket.  Actually, he can have McCourtey's that crusty had given out last year.  He wont be needing it. Seriously though, thank gronk for me as I am the #1 seed in FF with much thanks to him.  30 pt weeks from your TE is so money.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

And to think you were skeptical about starting a Patriot pre-season!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

What a steal!!!  Brady love him some Gronk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I concur. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm a HUGE Gronk fan, but I can't give him that honor just yet.  Especially when he has the greatest QB ever throwing him the ball.

To prove it, I picked Gronk in the 3rd rd of my fantasy draft, everyone laughed at me.  But their not laughing now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

As Bill Parcels once said, "let's not put him in the hall of fame yet."  I also expect his production to go down during the playoffs, as I gotta believe he'll be one of the folks our opponents will want to stop - whether they can or not remains to be seen - but they'll certainly key on him more than our regular-season opponents did.  That said, I love me some Gronk and even if his production diminishes some in the playoffs, he'll still be a great weapon.  Thing is, can we win in the playoffs if this happens?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

It's like this Brady is the best QB in the league, but Rodgers is having a better year and he looks like a future HOFer. I would say Gates is the best TE in the league, but Gronk is having a much better season and also looks to be a huge star in the making. Gronk is more than a beast, he is like an alien sent from space to dominate everyone! Gronk is still young but he will be the best TE ever if he can stay healthy most of his career. We should never let this guy leave the team!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Right now, he's not the greatest TE ever. I think that distinction goes to Tony Gonzalez.

He will, however, be the greatest TE ever once he logs enough games.

As with any player, injuries could derail anything, but nothing short of an injury will slow his production.

He's one of the biggest TEs in the league.

He catches better than most TEs in the league.

He's as fast as pretty much any of the TEs in the league.

He's as strong as just about any TE in the league.

He lacks absolutely nothing at the position. There is not a single flaw anyone, Pat fan or not, could point to in his skill set and how it relates to playing TE. Physically, he is the PERFECT TE. Hands/speed/size/toughness/route running.

It's ok to admit we're watching greatness as it unfolds. He is to TE what Brady is to QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Let's see him do it for 8-10 years before we put him in Canton-Cmon!In Response to Gronk is the best TE ever?:
    [QUOTE]Gronk is a special talented players as most of the NFL experts says.  He is the beast. 
    Posted by profootball[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He has a body of work to do to catch Gonzales. The thing that amazes me about Gronkowski is his hands. He has better hands then most WR's. He will be hard to stop even if double teamed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]What a steal!!!  Brady love him some Gronk.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

WeDerr... can't even spell my avatar when it's right here to look up.  The ultimate NJ JEST fan.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mike Ditka 158 G 427 Rec 5812 Yds 43 TD
    Tony Gonzalez 235 G 1142 Rec 13275 Yds 95 TD
    Kellen Winslow 109 G 541 Rec 6741 Yds 45 TD
    Shannon Sharpe 204 G 815 Rec 10060 Yds 62 TD
    Dave Casper 147 G 378 Rec 5216 Yds 52 TD
    John Mackey 139 G 331 Rec 5236 Yds 38 TD
    Antonio Gates 129 G 582 Rec 7606 Yds 75 TD
    Todd Christensen 137 G 461 Rec 5872 Yds 41 TD
    Ozzie Newsome 198 G 662 Rec 7980 Yds 47 TD
    Charlie Sanders 128 G 336 Rec 4817 Yds 31 TD
    Mark Bavaro 126 G 351 Rec 4733 Yds 39 TD
    Jackie Smith 210 G 480 Rec 7918 Yds 40 TD

Ben Coates 158 G 499 Rec 5555 Yds 50 TD
    Russ Francis 167 G 393 Rec 5262 Yds 40 TD
    Rob Gronkowski 29 G 113 Rec 1634 Yds 25 TD

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's probably not even top 20.
    He's not even the best ever Patriots TE.

Not yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

may get there but has a while to go so why jinx ourself

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ben Coates was sure fun to watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]He has a body of work to do to catch Gonzales. The thing that amazes me about Gronkowski is his hands. He has better hands then most WR's. He will be hard to stop even if double teamed.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]
    haha, It kinda helps when you are 6'6" and probably have bear paw sized hands. Plus there isn't a single person in the entire NFL that could go up and get the ball from him. Brady always puts it up high for Gronk and bam easy TD! I hope in the playoffs teams double team him, then Brady can use Welker and Hernandez to absolutely shred the defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Gronk reminds me so much of Mark Bavaro of the 80's Giants, but I think he's bigger and faster. When I saw that play along the sidelines last week, it was like seeing a flashback to Bavaro who fequently carried a couple tacklers along for a few extra yards. Like Gronk, Bavaro had deceptive speed, and was a big target. He had a lot of knee problems, but a great career nonetheless, and a good team guy too.

Gronk certainly has the tools to be one of the greats - we'll know in another season or three.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Guys, Gronk is just in the second year of the NFL and he has already break some records.  Another records will be break by him before the play off starts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]I concur
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

We'll be changing sayings like that to, "I Groncur"

He is the best I've ever seen play TE. Even if it's just a 2 year window right now. Who has been this unstoppable, combined with having great hands and being a great blocker?

Nobody, Not even Mark Bavaro.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

He's pretty damn good.  Will let the pundits determine if he's best ever. I figure if he can have the same level of performance like this year for even half of the number of years that Tony Gonzales has put in his entire career - he'll be in the HOF. Gonzales only has 3 seasons of 10 TDs or more.

I wonder what the team could be like if Hernandez put on 20 lbs and 4" of height.....lol. Actually, I'd be happy if Hernandez could block better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Gronk is special, even in year 2. He has the skills, size and athleticism to be one of the greatest ever. basically he has the potential.

That potential has been optimized to date because of his role in the Pats offense, and the fact that outside of he and Welker and to an extent Hern, there is nobody left to pass to. This doesn't diminish what he is, only that his future production, and elevation to the HOF, depends in part to his role going forward, who's here after Brady, and what we do at WR in the offseason and going forward.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Gronk reminds me so much of Mark Bavaro of the 80's Giants, but I think he's bigger and faster. When I saw that play along the sidelines last week, it was like seeing a flashback to Bavaro who fequently carried a couple tacklers along for a few extra yards. Like Gronk, Bavaro had deceptive speed, and was a big target. He had a lot of knee problems, but a great career nonetheless, and a good team guy too. Gronk certainly has the tools to be one of the greats - we'll know in another season or three.
    Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

I have thought about the Bavaro comparison for quite a while too.  Even last year.  Bavaro was a great PURE TE.  He would maul you on run-blocking plays, catch the ball as well as any receiver and swat DB's like they were flies and drag LB's for extra yards.  He was great. 

But Gronk is better.  And it's for what you said....he's bigger, stronger and faster.....more athletic.  As a previous poster mentioned, he has no holes.  He'll be the best of all time if he keeps this up for 5 - 7 more years.