Gronk officially out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Gronk officially out

@cpriceNFL It Is What It Is >> Report: Gronkowski not traveling with Patriots to Cincy, while Amendola is questionable http://t.co/Raveypro7xvia @WEEI

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Gronk officially out

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

@cpriceNFL It Is What It Is >> Report: Gronkowski not traveling with Patriots to Cincy, while Amendola is questionable  http://t.co/Raveypro7xvia @WEEI

not too surprising. Reports had gronk not playing til Week 6. Hopefully Danny can trot out there though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Anyone else finding this sort of wussy "let me wait until Week 6" routine annoying? I get the practicing is a bonus so he can be ready and the team is 4-0, but it just reeks of Rosenhaus being involved or Gronk having some kind of crap in his head.

No one is asking the guy to play the whole game, just to get some game reps in to get tuned up a bit, slowly but surely.

I didn't like the book thing he did this offseason. Normally, I wouldn't care, but now with this, it's pretty annoying how his father or Rosenhaus (whoever is behind it) are now trying to dictate.

As if 7 more days is crucial to his rehab? Give me a break. I wonder how the team feels about it? Sort of awkward to see someone practicing and then pretending 7 more days means something.

I'd be sort of emabarrassed, to be honest.

I think this situation is becoming really annoying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Make sense in that it's only week 5 and his "camp" is saying he won't be back till week 6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I say sit him till we actually lose a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I don't know why this is news.

It was reported a couple weeks back that Gronk would not be back until the Saints game.  I think Jay Glazer from Fox was the one who reported it prior to the Bucs game.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

looks like Amendola will play

@jeffphowe Sources: Rob Gronkowski not traveling to Cincinnati, Danny Amendola will play  http://t.co/QwzsGdB9lp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Wasn't it supposed to be around week 6 from the get go? I think they are just trotting him out at practice to make other teams prepare for him during the week.

So Hooman and Mulligan are the only active TEs this week?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Anyone else finding this sort of wussy "let me wait until Week 6" routine annoying?"

LMAO...........

Just explain how I'm [whatever you said] for calling Nink Dink and I'm a 8ussy who would never say it to his face.  You acted so upset about it and used it in many of your attack post.

YET

You’re calling the 2nd best player on the team, who's had multiple surgeries on 2 different parts of his body in less then a year, a wussy?  Would you say that to GRONKS face?  lol

So according to Rusty, Brady sucks and GRONK is a wussy......Classic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Wasn't it supposed to be around week 6 from the get go? I think they are just trotting him out at practice to make other teams prepare for him during the week.

So Hooman and Mulligan are the only active TEs this week?

I think yes

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I say sit him till we actually lose a game.

I agree with you.  Actually I might even sit him for the Saints game and bring him back for the division games vs jets and phins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Sorry folks I am with Rusty. I dont want Gronk back til he is 100% healthy but this whole fiasco has become a very annoying circle. I would not be surprised it it is plssing BB off either.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The guy had a history of injuries when they drafted him.  That's why he slipped in the draft.  

I just think they're worried about reinjury and want to be sure that his muscles are at full strength before they subject the bones to more stress.  Even if the bones are healed, if the muscles around them are still weak, the bones won't be as well supported and that increases the risk of injury.  Getting him back to full strength is important, I think, before subjecting his (apparently brittle) bones to the stress of big hits.  

As I said earlier, however, I won't be surprised at all if Gronk is reinjured after he gets in.  Same with Amendola.  Both these guys are undependable.They came relatively cheap for a reason . . . just be thankful we've gotten more from them than we got from Ras-I Dowling. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I think some of you are acting a little over the top. it's been known for weeks he would be out till about the Saints game. What do you want? Him not to practice whatsoever....if he came back early great, if not we knew when it would be. I highly doubt BB is pissed about it, like every coach he wants his best players on the field, but he knows first hand that we need him healthy come playoff time. Everyone get over it and focus on who's playing this week and just be patient.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Anyone else finding this sort of wussy "let me wait until Week 6" routine annoying? 

Don't know enough to be annoyed but I do know one thing. If the Doctors, BB, and Gronk are all in agreement here and Gronk is letting them have the final word...then this is a non issue.

HOWEVER, If Gronks father, Gronk are at odds at all with the Pats coaching staff and they are dictating any of this over the coaching staff Gronk will be traded this winter.

It will play out like this...he will play the rest of the season, the Patriots will downplay it to keep his trade value high..infact will portray him in a good light, but then start having discussions witht other teams right after the season.

Sure they will get a very good deal for him, no doubt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Which blows up the theory that they released Sudfeld because Gronk was ready.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I think people are having an issue because the time timetable for his return had a maximum of being out 12 weeks and next week (vs Saints) will be 16 weeks.  Thats a full month longer and its not certain he will be back next week either.  All we have heard is his camp has "targeted" week 6 for his return.

If he doesnt come back next week, I think the s*** is really going to hit the fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm just hoping Amendola doesn't play unless he is 100%. If that groin isn't 100% and he rushes back too quick he'll likely to tear it again and miss another 4-6 weeks. I'd rather have him miss 1 or 2 more games just to be sure than rush him and miss over half the season at this point

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Anyone else finding this sort of wussy "let me wait until Week 6" routine annoying? 

Don't know enough to be annoyed but I do know one thing. If the Doctors, BB, and Gronk are all in agreement here and Gronk is letting them have the final word...then this is a non issue.

HOWEVER, If Gronks father, Gronk are at odds at all with the Pats coaching staff and they are dictating any of this over the coaching staff Gronk will be traded this winter.

It will play out like this...he will play the rest of the season, the Patriots will downplay it to keep his trade value high..infact will portray him in a good light, but then start having discussions witht other teams right after the season.

Sure they will get a very good deal for him, no doubt.

Well, agree, but I don't get wait an extra week does? It's kind of like the kid who yakks in class and is embarrassed to go back to school so he/she stays out for a week.

Cue the Bobby Brady scene when he sprains his ankle in the treehouse and becomes afraid of being off the ground until he rescues his new pet parakeet. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mMHXSTogM

maybe he is physically ok but has not finished his psychological therapy.

(I will never look at the Brady Bunch the same way again after hearing Florence Henderson , (Mrs Brady), slept with Barry Williams( Greg) in real life)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think people are having an issue because the time timetable for his return had a maximum of being out 12 weeks and next week (vs Saints) will be 16 weeks.  Thats a full month longer and its not certain he will be back next week either.  All we have heard is his camp has "targeted" week 6 for his return.

If he doesnt come back next week, I think the s*** is really going to hit the fan.

That is true, and the non PUP list is so he could practice, but according to Reiss it was Week 3 where they felt that he would be ready. Then, it appeared for sure Week 4, where resports came in all week last week saying it was looking likely. That was per mulitple reporters with inside tracks.

Then, ESPN clearly spoke with Rosenhaus, where they were being told "not on my watch" kind of thing, where it's obvious BB conceded, with it now appearing Gronk/Rosenhaus are holding firm for next week.

I find it incredibly odd that you can practice, do it all for a month now, and then all of a sudden because it's a game, you can't.

What does the additonal week do?  I don't get it. The bone has been healed for 3 months.  

Also, the other problem with this is people keep speculating, including me, is it the arm or the back or both?

I think a lot of it is a fear of him not being the usual Gronk where no one cares about that, we just want the TE who upgrades us from Hooman or Mulligan.

Weening him back in to game mode, even the mental pre game prep element, should not be taking this long, IMO.

I wonder if this will weaken BB's strong relationship with Rosenhaus?  Rosenhaus running to Glazer and Schefter over BB's head?

Not good.

[/QUOTE]

They have said  that Gronk was taking the extra time to get strong enough for playing again, lifting weights, bulking up. Hmm..there are a  lot of skinnier TE's around than him..look at Sudfeld.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Time for Gronk to get his azz out there. Not for xps though. Duh.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I have seen 2 layouts and 2 feet over head flips to make a catch with Gronk and then there was the  time he came down on his arm.  

Love the way he goes for the ball but he should try to stay on his feet more. Missing a couple catches the rest of the season is OK in exchange for him being around!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The guy had a history of injuries when they drafted him.  That's why he slipped in the draft.  

I just think they're worried about reinjury and want to be sure that his muscles are at full strength before they subject the bones to more stress.  Even if the bones are healed, if the muscles around them are still weak, the bones won't be as well supported and that increases the risk of injury.  Getting him back to full strength is important, I think, before subjecting his (apparently brittle) bones to the stress of big hits.  

As I said earlier, however, I won't be surprised at all if Gronk is reinjured after he gets in.  Same with Amendola.  Both these guys are undependable.They came relatively cheap for a reason . . . just be thankful we've gotten more from them than we got from Ras-I Dowling. 

I don't think that is true, though.  Word was he could have gone vs TB and he was ready to go via Karen Guregian and her sources via the team last week. Then, late on Friday the "there is a divide" story came out.

Then, the news broke that it's his dad and Rosenhaus concerned about the future of Gronk. In other words, in 4 or 5 years when he's 27 or 28, and due for his last big contract, Rosenhaus wants to cash in then, too.  That's what this is about. Gronk is either on his dad's side or he's indifferent and ready to go.  I do feel he is skittish and its likely tied to the VERY odd lack of healing last December with his broken arm. He was out for like 7  weeks which is plenty of time for a bone to heal.  I've never seen an athlete at that age break a bone in the arm, wrist or whatever and come back with a dangling arm like it never healed. Very odd. 

I can see if you were an older person, where your bones aren't in prime form anymore, but we're talking about a 23 year old athletic specimen here who probably drinks a gallon of milk a day and has for 20 years.

That's a far cry from "the Pats want to make sure". They are very sure. He's been practicing with the first team for crying out loud. If they weren't sure, he wouldn't even be practicing all this time.

I'm not a doctor and don't know anything about Gronk's conditions, but I think the second break and the infection maybe really messed up the bone.  The back issue apparently goes back to college.  I just have a bad feeling that this guy's body is going to break down fast. All this hesitation makes me think Gronk knows something's still messed up.  I don't think he'd want to sit out if he weren't legitimately worried about his ability to avoid reinjury. 

Honestly, I don't have a good feeling about either Gronk or Amendola.  Even if they get back in soon, I sort of expect more injuries.  I'm not putting my hopes in them.  I'm thinking more about the three rookie receivers at this point.