Gronk returns...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Gronk returns...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/gronk-returns-to-individual-drills/

The Pats seem ready to give Gronk a battery of tests over the next 5 days to see if he is ready for the first half of the season.  If it were up to me they would just rest him and have him ready for the latter half of the season, look what happened the last time we rushed him back, he barely fell and re-broke the same forearm, with the array of tightends at our disposal what's the rush beyond him being one of our highest paid players?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Gronk returns...

Agree Wozzy. Rest Gronk. Based on his injuries known and unknown past couple of years, seems like a wise move. Pats need him at crunch time- and he hasn't been able to deliver or play when needed to help bring home the trophies.  Despite his monster size and off the charts athleticism he has been prone to some freak injuries.  Let him get stronger than he's ever been and then unleash him at full tilt boogie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/gronk-returns-to-individual-drills/

The Pats seem ready to give Gronk a battery of tests over the next 5 days to see if he is ready for the first half of the season.  If it were up to me they would just rest him and have him ready for the latter half of the season, look what happened the last time we rushed him back, he barely fell and re-broke the same forearm, with the array of tightends at our disposal what's the rush beyond him being one of our highest paid players?

the man wants to play, he wants to bring the glory back to the pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

agreed. let him heal as best as possible. get him healthy by game 7. Gotta think about the long hall. Can't afford not to be without him in playoffs, despite the positive signs from Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Sudfeld.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I do not believe in waiting extra time for a guy to return from injury just for the sake of waiting for him to have more time. After what happened last year, I gotta believe that IF Gronk comes back sooner than later, he IS absolutely ready. Either way, it will be such a huge lift just to see him out there again. STOKED!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I do not believe in waiting extra time for a guy to return from injury just for the sake of waiting for him to have more time. After what happened last year, I gotta believe that IF Gronk comes back sooner than later, he IS absolutely ready. Either way, it will be such a huge lift just to see him out there again. STOKED!!!

I dunno. Maybe it was just a series of coincidences - several breaks, several infections, several surgeries. Any surgeons in the house?  The whole thing thing altogether isn't normal. Push too hard at this point - and you might get another break, another surgery, another infection....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If he's READY then let him play. He is a football player this is what he does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

YEAH BABY!!

Oh god

[/QUOTE]

Trying to instigate something? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We would save money cutting Fells, or if Ballard seems like less than his old self he could go, but we are really deep here if everybody is ready to go on day one.  This is another example of Belichick's strength as a GM that we could lose arguably the best tightend and fullback/HBack in the game and still have the quality of depth that Ballard, Huey, Fells and Sudfeld represent.

I agree with your sentiment and I think BB agrees with you as well, he likes to get value from his highest paid guys, if you notice the guys who get paid the most also play the most reps.  I agree if he is ready he will play, but they thought he was ready last time and look at the result?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

his injuries might be neared but is his body strength where it needs to be?

if he is not ready for the first 3. Games but is ready oater do you put him on 6 week pup?

we can probably grt by wk 1to 3

i probably go Pup

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

No way they are going to take chances if he's not ready.....but if he's 100%....no reason to keep him sidelined just to save him for later in the season. I hope he's ready to go...unleash the beast!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

BB took a beating in the media when he got hurt last time.  Although I agree he ignores the media, Kraft doesn't. Kraft by ne means wants his brand to be thought of as fool hearty    He won't be back till he's able. The team Dr won't put his license on the line * again * .

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

No way they are going to take chances if he's not ready.....but if he's 100%....no reason to keep him sidelined just to save him for later in the season. I hope he's ready to go...unleash the beast!!

true. That's the question tho. Only the team physician knows.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

We would save money cutting Fells, or if Ballard seems like less than his old self he could go, but we are really deep here if everybody is ready to go on day one.  This is another example of Belichick's strength as a GM that we could lose arguably the best tightend and fullback/HBack in the game and still have the quality of depth that Ballard, Huey, Fells and Sudfeld represent.

I agree with your sentiment and I think BB agrees with you as well, he likes to get value from his highest paid guys, if you notice the guys who get paid the most also play the most reps.  I agree if he is ready he will play, but they thought he was ready last time and look at the result?

I hear ya Wozz. So, with strong consideration to the last statement (Question) that you pose above, the strategically sound thing for the Patriots to have done to this point would be to keep it to themselves when the medical professionals advised team management that they felt Gronk was ready for football related activities. Wozz, I'd bet anything that they have already done what you were hoping for. He likely was ready weeks ago. I truly believe that. W
    ith the AH loss, Gronk's value to the team has grown that much more. Bill would not let what happened to Gronk last year happen all over again. Can't wait to see him being Gronk again!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Check thiis out, see what we've been missing. http://youtu.be/Ut3RWuH2G_8  What memories

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If he is ready then let him take the first 2 games off against the Bills and Jets, he really wont be needed.  But get him read for the week 4 Falcons game by letting him get some game time in during the week 3 Bucs game.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

If he is ready then let him take the first 2 games off against the Bills and Jets, he really wont be needed.  But get him read for the week 4 Falcons game by letting him get some game time in during the week 3 Bucs game.

"If he's ready" is the key......and if he is, why would we keep one of our best players off the field when healthy? I don't agree with that logic. Saving players just to keep them healthy seems wrong to me....this is football...they all risk getting hurt in every game....hence why we pay them millions. Personally I want my best players out there (IF) they are 100%.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

You just don't let a talent like that sit on the sidelines when he could be playing.

He's young, he's a football player and get's paid pretty damn good.  Not to be sitting while the rest of the team is playing.

Everyone has a chance of getting hurt.   It's part of the game.

They wouldn't think about sitting Brady because there's a chance he may get hurt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The question is, which injury.  The arm is long-healed.  The tests are for Gronk's keyhole back surgery.  Odds are good that the back heals up pretty quickly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

What's the hurry with Gronk?  I'd rather have him when we really need him, come playoff time.  There is enough talent on this roster to win. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

I agree w/TFB12---let him sit the first two games.  Those two should be very winnable games--and they are against AFC East foes who would not cry to hit him in a weak spot.  Let him get some reps against the Bucs and then let him fly against the Falcons.  Dont have him on kicks or special teams etc.  Just block and catch buddy, just block and score TD's.   That is nightmarish--Sudfeld, Gronk, Dobson and Thompkins in the red zone--yikes.   And yes, I take out Amendola inside the 10.  If you remember Wes--this was an area where he did not excel--the linebackers would just smack him and the area to cover was smaller. 3 Big dudes who can get up and Thompkins who can get off the line---pure gold.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

What's the hurry with Gronk?  I'd rather have him when we really need him, come playoff time.  There is enough talent on this roster to win. 

I don't think anyone wants to "hurry" him back if he's not 100%. If he's 90%, then I agree to sit him until he's completely ready.  But if he's 100% and ready, there is no reason to keep your stars on the bench IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

BB said today he's been at training camp everyday, meaning he's working out building back strength and flexibility with the trainers. I don't think the arm is what is holding him back but rather it might be the back since that was the last procedure he had done. Depending on age and if you're a male it should only take a few weeks to regain the strength in the arm.

If I recall correctly the back operation was performed in mid June which means it's almost 10 weeks. He had to let it heal by not bending or twisting for weeks. His first back operation took him months to heal. So it would not surprise me if he ends up on the pup just to make sure he's completely healed, has his strength, and weight back as well as his flexibility. But then nothing would surprise me when it comes to the Gronk!

25. This post has been removed.