Gronk Undergoes Successful Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Gronk Undergoes Successful Surgery

First step on the road back went smoothly according to Dr. Andrews via Reiss.  I know it's a bit off topic during the playoffs and Gronk has a long way to go, but I think it's good news nonetheless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Gronk Undergoes Successful Surgery

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First step on the road back went smoothly according to Dr. Andrews via Reiss.  I know it's a bit off topic during the playoffs and Gronk has a long way to go, but I think it's good news nonetheless.

[/QUOTE]

Not off topic at all. Lets hope they don't repeat the mistake they made when he broke his arm and try to bring him back too soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hopefully someday he will be there when we need him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hasn't this thread been started before?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geeezzzz....has it ever. One silver lining (if that's possible) is that he's got time to recover. I would think this helps his back as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

IMHO he was never quite right last year.  Maybe it was conditioning, but he was a tad slow.  Guys caught him from behind.  He continued to be a tad reckless too.  He is my 2nd favorite Patriot so I pray for a full recovery.  Hope they find a new TE that can share the load too.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to user_4160947's comment:

IMHO he was never quite right last year.

I disagree.   He was a bit rusty initially, but from Pitt on he was a monster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Babe just can't help himself from throwing little digs at anyone not named Brady

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Absolutely on point and not at all off-topic.  Good news from the start is always welcome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geeezzzz....has it ever. One silver lining (if that's possible) is that he's got time to recover. I would think this helps his back as well.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Today?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Most of the time these surgeries are fine and never have issues, but still good to hear this.

the big thing now is REHAB. how well he will progress month to month is huge on how fast he'll be back (please no rush) and how strong the ligament is when he does return

hopefully his rehab goes according to plan

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? Today?

[/QUOTE]

Dearest Glen, please put your thinking cap on and ponder the post......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Would love too see the Pats trade Gronk for some draft picks.  Too much of a cap hit and anyone that thinks Gronk won't be injured again is fooling themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:

Would love too see the Pats trade Gronk for some draft picks.  Too much of a cap hit and anyone that thinks Gronk won't be injured again is fooling themselves.

The Patriots would eat dead money if they traded Gronk.  There is a reason high paid players don't get traded early in their contracts.  It isn't financially viable for a team to eat all the cap hit from the signing bonus that hasn't been counted against the cap yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

At this point Gronk has to be in a position where he wants to prove to everyone and himself he is still the best TE in the game. After this latest injury he is no longer in that discussion, regardless of the stupid numbers he put up while healthy. Its square one from here on out until he proves he can come off this injury like he never missed a beat. Gronk is a gamer and he always looks like he wants to go out to play everyday, dominate and have fun while doing it. He knows his best bet for another big time contract is to get as healthy as possible and keep catching balls from a future HoFer.

Trade would be a dumb idea as his value is as low as it has ever been. He has earned the chance to show he can come back and still be dominant. AP did it, Welker did it, I am sure Gronk can do it. If he needs to take it slow weeks 1-3 next season, fine, but I doubt he starts next year on IR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I thought after his third game back..'now bench him until the playoffs'.

Next year timing might be such that he starts late..comes back slow and is just peaking at end of year....

Hopefully the Patriots make the playoffs next year! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to user_4160947's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMHO he was never quite right last year.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.   He was a bit rusty initially, but from Pitt on he was a monster.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it.  He was just hitting his stride when that injury occurred (no pun intended).  I don't doubt he would have been a monster in these playoffs, if it hadn't happened.  Oh well.  Can't waste our time pondering what might have been.  It is good to know that the surgery went well.  I suspect we will see the Patriots take the same approach with him as they did this season.  I bet he is on the roster, at the start of the season, to allow him to practice with the team and then will be brought in when he is both physically and emotionally ready to go.  That approach actually worked out very well this year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Good news. Gronk, Mayo, Vince, Kelly and Spikes should all rehab together in Foxborough.  

Look at all those names on that list. My god is that of talent that isn't here, that will hopefully be here next year.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks go to belichick for acquiring that talent

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

at this point --who cares-- plan without  him, if he can get on the field and PLAY  great, it's a bonus. But  it won't last long he'll just get hurt again. Patriots need to move ahead without him in the game plan.