Gronkowski needs 4th surgery on arm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Gronkowski needs 4th surgery on arm

From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski-needs-fourth-surgery-154004899.html

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will require a fourth surgical procedure on his left forearm, reports Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.

Gronkowski initially underwent surgery after he broke his forearm while blocking on a fourth-quarter extra point attempt in a 59-24 win over the Indianapolis Colts on Nov. 18. Gronkowski broke the same forearm again during a divisional playoff win over the Houston Texans and had surgery in mid-January. A third procedure took place in February after Gronkowski developed an infection following the second surgery.

According to the report, a fourth procedure has always been on the agenda, but it has not been clear when that surgery would take place.

Doctors need to switch out the plate that is currently securing the bone in Gronkowski's forearm, but that procedure has been delayed as the Pro Bowl tight end underwent a round of antibiotic treatments to clear the infection. Once the infection has cleared and the plate has been swapped out, Gronkowski can begin what is estimated to be an 11-week recovery period.

The Patriots have not yet released their training camp dates, but we're currently about 12 weeks away from when NFL teams typically open camp. The longer the fourth surgery is delayed, the less likely it is that Gronkowski will be healthy enough to participate in training camp and the preseason. Considering Gronkowski's importance to the Patriots' offense, the team will probably take a cautious approach with his recovery to make sure he's ready for the regular season-opener against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 8.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Gronkowski needs 4th surgery on arm

just saw this.  here comes the blame of alcohol.  this surgery was ALWAYS going to happen but it will get way overblown.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think this is a surprise to anyone, especially the PAts.

I wondered why Fells wasnt cut for cap relief, now I know why.

I also wondered why Hooma was signed to such a large contract? If Gronk is on PUP, I would have prefered a ver pass catching TE over Hooma on the roster.Hooma is ok on ST, but less than OK as a TE imo

I also dont want to get too over board on Ballard. He is a 280 lb TE that was step slow to begin with, and he is coming off ACL and 18 month of not playing.He should settle in to a nice blocking TE with soft hands, but I doubt he will be a big threat in the passing game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

The New England Patients

What is it with players on this team that they cant stay healthy?

Hernandez, Edelman, Gronkowski, Amendola, Vereen....  seems like all skill positions on the Pats have chronic health issues.

Welker, Woodhead and Lloyd could stay on the field so... they are allowed to walk...I dont get it.    Ballard...blown knee..sign him !!   Boyce...broken foot...draft him.

I'm starting to wonder if Dobson has some sort of health issue as well that we dont know about.

BB seems to like the infirmed

We should replace our Elvis  logo with a pair of crutches

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

At this point why not just invest and make Gronk the bionic man? $6M did it back in the 70s. Maybe a little more expensive now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Use that IR designation on him if we have too. What is that week 10?  We can get by 10 weeks (9 games) without him if need be.  Let him heal good this time.  We're going to actually start throwing outside this year from the looks of things.  Tom will just have to adjust like he has before. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:

The New England Patients

What is it with players on this team that they cant stay healthy?

Hernandez, Edelman, Gronkowski, Amendola, Vereen....  seems like all skill positions on the Pats have chronic health issues.

Welker, Woodhead and Lloyd could stay on the field so... they are allowed to walk...I dont get it.    Ballard...blown knee..sign him !!   Boyce...broken foot...draft him.

I'm starting to wonder if Dobson has some sort of health issue as well that we dont know about.

BB seems to like the infirmed

We should replace our Elvis  logo with a pair of crutches

It's the perfect logo . . . it has no arms or legs . . . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I'm just sick about ift for Gronk and the Pats, in that order!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Use that IR designation on him if we have too. What is that week 10?  We can get by 10 weeks (9 games) without him if need be.  Let him heal good this time.  We're going to actually start throwing outside this year from the looks of things.  Tom will just have to adjust like he has before. 

Agreed . . . I don't want him back on the field until he is 100% . . .  I feel we lost the last two years in the playoffs because he wasn't!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Big GRONK getting *itch slapped by microscopic organisms. Huge dude with wimpy white blood cells.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Big GRONK getting *itch slapped by microscopic organisms. Huge dude with wimpy white blood cells.

Ever consider that people's immune systems don't like metal? Gronk certainly isn't the first person to have this problem after having plates and screws put in their bones. It happens more often than you think. That's why they never do it to regular people when it can be avoided.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.