Grooming the young rbs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gt281ci. Show gt281ci's posts

Grooming the young rbs?

What does everyone think about the pats signing Clinton Portis assuming BJGE signs elswhere? Im sure we could get him cheap and even if he is not our #1, he could help groom Ridley/Vereen. Portis is an established veteran with alot of good football behind him. He is 30 years old but can probably still pound the ball in goalline situations and might have a good season or 2 in him. I know he has injury problems but for the right price he might be worth a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Grooming the young rbs?

id be much more for going after MJD or any of the carolina running backs...ridley has the tools to be successful, but obviously BB doesnt trust him as he wasnt used after the denver game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

No signings please unless of course BB gets someone like MJD or Foster(VERY Doubtful)

I want to see what we have in Vereen and Ridley, let these guys progress! A full offseasons work should help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Grooming the young rbs?:
    [QUOTE]No signings please unless of course BB gets someone like MJD or Foster(VERY Doubtful) I want to see what we have in Vereen and Ridley, let these guys progress! A full offseasons work should help.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

i would like to agree with you, but unfortunately McD may not run the ball a lot unless they get an elite rb....i believe in ridley and vereen, but im not sure that McD does and obviously BB doesnt believe in ridley since he didnt play him in the last two playoff games

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It's Verren's time to shine.  Is he the new Faulk?  Or is he going to be a lead back?  We gotta see what this guy brings with his second round selection.  

Ridley needs to put some tar on those hands and work on some spped drills to get better. 

Future looks bright if Vereen can add to the back field.  I think the torch has to be passed in hopes that these guys contribute. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Portis did not even play last year.  He's 30 and has not had a good season since 2008.  Plus he fumbles.  So a beat up player with declining skills who coughs up the ball.  Hmmm.  That's a tough one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

really clinton portis? why dont we just bring in tiki barber too.