GROW UP Schwartz!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

GROW UP Schwartz!

Even as a Pats fan, and one who had respected this year's accomplishments by the Lions, I see no way to "spread the blame" from the midfield post-game handshake & back-pat. 
    As if this was the first back-pat by one coach to another!  And as if this is the first time a losing coach didn't want to even have to look at the coach who just defeated him!
    Schwartz had ZERO justification to do anything other than go to his home locker room and lick his wounds and figure out how to win the next game.  

Does the NFL really want to embark on weekly assessing of how tightly the coaches shake hands?  How about eye-contact?  What if the losing coach feels that the winner gave him a condescending look?  Hey, that's worth some fines, huh?  Really??? 

Today's encounter reminds me of when we beat the Chargers in San Diego and RIGHTLY celebrated at midfield, then babycakes Tomlinson got "offended."  Then the whole next week, the league fools chatted about how one team shouldn't hurt the feelings of the other team.
    GROW UP! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Re: GROW UP Schwartz!

In Response to Re: GROW UP Schwartz!:
    [QUOTE]What was with the whack in his back, though?  Also, I wonder what Harbaugh said after he did that that enraged Schwartz.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

One of the many reasons I am glad we have Bill.

He would not partake in this childish behavior (on either side). He lets the product on the field do all the talking.

I feel the Lions are ticking off a lot of teams. I bet you Harbough would not have done this if he had beaten us or the Packers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

What was "with" the back-pat was the same thing that was "with" the man's handshake... I won and you lost.
    Did you catch Harbaugh's post-game comment?  Harbaugh was SOOOOO tongue-in-cheek.  He was "playing" the media (and any other fools), by really meaning that he should have known that Schwartz couldn't handle a man-to-man handshake, and CERTAINLY not a pat on the back.  Bravo to Harbaugh for VERBALLY giving Schwartz an even more condescending pat-on-the-head!!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

It was pretty lame by both coaches IMO, Harbaugh should have more respect after a win than that, you shake hands and offer basic conciliatory remarks...that's winning 101.  At the same time schwartz probably should have brushed it off, his team has plenty going for it.  Why get wrapped up in this type of sillyness? made for good TV though, i've never seen NFL coaches get into it like that before.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Scwartz looked like a azz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Harbaugh just won a very tough and hard fought game. He was celebrating with his team right before the hand shake. To me it didn't look like he rubbed it in just was caught in the heat of the moment. That's something he apologized for in his interview which is the right thing to do.

Schwartz though needs to turn the other cheek and realize that Harbaugh is an emotional guy and just let it go. He lost be the bigger man and take the BB approach. Schwartz should have called Harbaugh in private and told him that he didn't appreciate how Harbaugh was celebrating then I'm sure Harbaugh would have apologized. Problem solved

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

I remember the time bb took out the camera man to shake Eric mangini's hand. That was epic

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Harbaugh was a jerkkoff, and Schwartz reciprocated to try and save face. That's the way wannabes act. Behavior worthy of trash like the jets.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My take was Harbaugh was very excited and I can understand that, it was a big win and the 49'ers are now 5-1 a big accomplishment.  BUT after seeing the handshake on the replay for the millionth time it looked like he just pretty much forgot about being a good winner.  The handshake was fine, it was what seemed like the pushing Schwartz out of the way with the other arm is what was disrespectful. 

I thought it was classless, even if it wasn't his intent.  I'm fine with Schwartz being a little mad.  He was being a good sport to shake hands and probably offer some kind words too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GROW UP Schwartz! : So, how does it affect YOUR life?  It doesn't.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it did. Your point?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]We're worrying about this and how many millions are out of work?

Good point. We should probably drop this whole football fan thing and just worry about the unemployed instead.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Grow up, Schwartz? 

Have you ever seen BB after a loss? =D 

They're competitive, get over it. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GROW UP Schwartz! : It wouldn't be nice for me to type what I am thinking.

Since when did you start being nice?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

[QUOTE]So, you're applauding Harbaugh for showing poor sportsmanship and being condescending twice? It appeared to me that Schwartz didn't like the condescending whack on the back and Schwartz said something.  Then Harbaugh said something back which set Schwartz off. I am not sure I care other than seeing the Harbaughs have issues before after games and the fact that BB's postgame handshake analysis by the psycho media now looks ridiculous when you see something like this happen. Schwartz( this is what I saw as well): "I went to congratulate Coach Harbaugh and got shoved out of the way," Schwartz said. "And then I didn't expect an obscenity at that point, so it was a surprise to me at the end of the game."
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

I noticed that Schwartz dodged the reporter's question as to who said the obsenity.  My qu would have been WHEN did H say it. 
    My guess is that it was in response to S following H and then chest-bumping H's back, like the silly kid S showed himself to be.