Guess who's picking Indy to beat us on Sunday???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Guess who's picking Indy to beat us on Sunday???

I don't know how many of you get the Patriots Weekly but I was kind of surprised to see some prominent sports writers affiliated with the Patriots picking Indy to beat us...

Paul Perrillo ...Editor of the Patriots Weekly

lMike Felger..... local commentator with a show of his own regarding PATRIOTS on 98.5 

Chris Gaspar ........writer for the Boston Globe
     Imagine that !!! the money these clowns are making being affiliated with or writing about the Patriots and they side with the opposition !!
    Paul Perrillo especially....he's the editor of the team paper !!! The money he makes on television appearences besides his editor's pay !!! Where is the loyalty and faith in the home town team ??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from doriangray777. Show doriangray777's posts

Re: Guess who's picking Indy to beat us on Sunday???

I don't like. Indy only wins when the game is rigged in their favor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Citall. Show Citall's posts

few things worse than a homer announcer or writer...let them report their convictions

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't see anything particularly wrong with play-by-play and color guys on local broadcasts showing their homer stripes -- in the Celtics' heydey in the '80s, it was de riguer to mute the blather on the national network (I think it was CBS)  in favor of Johnny Most during the playoffs -- but actual journalists and national broadcast professionals (and I use that term in its loosest possible connotation) should at least make a pretense of being objective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Guess who's picking Indy to beat us on Sunday???:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how many of you get the Patriots Weekly but I was kind of surprised to see some prominent sports writers affiliated with the Patriots picking Indy to beat us... Paul Perrillo ... Editor of the Patriots Weekly  lMike Felger..... local commentator with a show of his own regarding PATRIOTS on 98.5  Chris Gaspar ........ writer for the Boston Globe  Imagine that !!! the money these clowns are making being affiliated with or writing about the Patriots and they side with the opposition !! Paul Perrillo especially....he's the editor of the team paper !!! The money he makes on television appearences besides his editor's pay !!! Where is the loyalty and faith in the home town team ??
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Thanx for the info.I usually get my subsciption a week or two AFTER the game is played!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know how many of you get the Patriots Weekly but I was kind of surprised to see some prominent sports writers affiliated with the Patriots picking Indy to beat us... Paul Perrillo ... Editor of the Patriots Weekly  lMike Felger..... local commentator with a show of his own regarding PATRIOTS on 98.5  Chris Gaspar ........ writer for the Boston Globe  Imagine that !!! the money these clowns are making being affiliated with or writing about the Patriots and they side with the opposition !! Paul Perrillo especially....he's the editor of the team paper !!! The money he makes on television appearences besides his editor's pay !!! Where is the loyalty and faith in the home town team ??

Interesting, I just saw Gasper on 10.0 claiming that he felt the Pats would be 13-3 this season, so that means he feels that they will run the table after this game.  I'm all for being objective but even Sonny Jurgensen is picking the Redskins to beat Dever this week!!  I don't know, reading the Patriots Weekly would seem like football overload to me anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Love these Dolt fans who actually think their team will dominate the Pats, especially with all the blow out victories they have put up this season..... 2, 3 and 4 point victories over BOTTOM FEEDER teams does not make a team dominant. Besides Im sure the Polian ref factor has contributed...Last week Dolts 4 for 40 penalized vrs 13 for 103 for the Texans...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

In Response to Re: Guess who's picking Indy to beat us on Sunday???:
    [QUOTE]Love these Dolt fans who actually think their team will dominate the Pats, especially with all the blow out victories they have put up this season..... 2, 3 and 4 point victories over BOTTOM FEEDER teams does not make a team dominant. Besides Im sure the Polian ref factor has contributed...Last week Dolts 4 for 40 penalized vrs 13 for 103 for the Texans...
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

You forgot 15, 17, 22 and 36.  Did you happen to watch the Houston game?  No, I didn't think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like. Indy only wins when the game is rigged in their favor.
    Posted by doriangray777[/QUOTE]

Recess bell just rang.  You better get back to class.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Kind of tough to watch the Houston game as I was sitting in Gillete stadium, contributing to the REAL fan noise as opposed to piped in via a CD...Does the new Indy stadium have a new CD player so the noise CD wont skip like we all heard???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Who is that b@stard Flip LeChance picking?!?!?!?

Why do you get your Pats Weekly so early??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I pay the extra 50 cents per issue to get it mailed first class.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mike Felger..What a shock

Gaspar..A tremendous front runner.

Perrillo...I must admit I am a tad surprised But...

Look at it this way. These guys watch every minute of every Pats game and most of them watch the key parts 3 or 4 times on tape. They know every weakness the Patriots have but all they really know about the Colts are the highlights they see every week. The bottom line is that the Colts have weaknesses just like us and every other team in the league but they don't see them as being as bad as our weaknesses because they aren't focused on them. That's the difference between a writer and a fan. Mike Felger is a Wisconsin Cow tipping redneck Greenbay fan that hates the Patriots fans and Boston people more than he dislikes the team. Felger and Maz are hideous to listen to. Guarantee you they go home at night and kick their dogs. Are these the kind of people you want to trust for Sports info. I'm calling PETA on them right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I am certain there are a handful of Pats fans who also think the Colts will win.  Just the way it is.  Opinions don't have to always go to your way of thinking.  Another thing, these guys got you to read their article, so, this is how they get paid, by getting attention, right or wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Thanx for the info.I usually get my subsciption a week or two AFTER the game is played!
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]

Thats why I stopped getting the paper. Waist of money reading about upcoming games that were played two weeks ago. I have no problem with Paul thinking the Pats might not win the game. Thats his opinion and I am sure it is tuff for him to say it. I don't agree with him.

Go Pats!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

No big deal, and I'm sure Vegas has the Colts by a couple of points or so.  Wouldn't surprise me if most of the football writers and the folks at ESPN pick the Colts also, heck - they haven't lost yet and their playing at home.  And to be perfectly honest, I think the only way we beat them is to play darn near spotless on offense (and win the time of possession) and get a turnover or two on D.  We've not played good teams (less Atlanta) particularly well and the road hasn't exactly been our friend.  New Orleans scared the heck out of me also for the very same reasons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

How many Super Bowls have the Pats won once the league found out they were taping practices? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]How many Super Bowls have the Pats won once the league found out they were taping practices? 
    Posted by BBcheats[/QUOTE]

Manning -1 Manning -1 Pats - 0.

I guess that FILM REALLY HELPED!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpeggio. Show rpeggio's posts

If Paul, Mike and Casper want to be wrong, that's their prerogative.
    Pats 35, Colts 24

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Well I am picking the Patriots and expect them to run and pass all over Indy's undersized and depleted defense. As a few other fans have pointed out the Colts havent beaten anyone worth their salt so far and have just barely beaten a couple of really bad teams, while the Patriots kicked the ever loving crap out of the "bad" teams they played! (both teams won their next game by the way and did it against decent teams too.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

They are just reporters and they are doing their job. They should have been hired in the first place because of what they do. There is nothing wrong in saying what their opinion is on the game. It is not as if they want the Colts to win, it's just that they think the Colts might win the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I'm just hoping I get mine (PFW) before next week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I can tell you about 53 guys that think the PATS are going to win, and that´s all that matters... THE PLAYERS !!!

So called experts are sometimes as wrong as we fans are. If they do not make it "interesting" by changing picks they lose their job.

PATS 24     INDY 21

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]Love these Dolt fans who actually think their team will dominate the Pats, especially with all the blow out victories they have put up this season..... 2, 3 and 4 point victories over BOTTOM FEEDER teams does not make a team dominant. Besides Im sure the Polian ref factor has contributed...Last week Dolts 4 for 40 penalized vrs 13 for 103 for the Texans...
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

You are a no memory havin' Homer.  Close victories over BOTTOM FEEDERS?? San Fran almost beat the Vikes in their dome and the Texans are pretty good.  But I guess those wins aren't as impresive as a 1 point win over freakin' Buffalo or maybe  a 7 point loss to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.  The Colts beat all the bottom feeders they faced like they should have.  Just like they'll beat the Patsies........... Because they're supposed to beat sub-par teams.