Guns don't kill people, people kill people, right? Can we please avoid all mentions of wanton violence just for this weekend?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

One would think that in honor of the, oh so young, dead in this event that we could leave off with our political postions on the issue of gun control but I see we haven't.  We should honor those dead kids with our stunned silence, not our partisan vitriol.  Try it for one day and see how it feels. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

One would think that in honor of the, oh so young, dead in this event that we could leave off with our political postions on the issue of gun control but I see we haven't.  We should honor those dead kids with our stunned silence, not our partisan vitriol.  Try it for one day and see how it feels. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Dessalines' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe in honour of the victims we could actually get off out rear ends and do something to counteract the gun lobby?  Sorry, but i'm sick of people acting like passivity is a virtue or acting helpless in the face of evil. Take action. That's real responsibility. You honor no one by youWesley-righteous apathy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe in honour of the victims we could actually get off out rear ends and do something to counteract the gun lobby?  Sorry, but i'm sick of people acting like passivity is a virtue or acting helpless in the face of evil. Take action. That's real responsibility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe in honour of the victims we could actually get off out rear ends and do something to counteract the gun lobby?  Sorry, but i'm sick of people acting like passivity is a virtue or acting helpless in the face of evil. Take action. That's real responsibility.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Im am a gun owner, but came into it through a hunting family so the guns I own due to inheritance are shotguns, and hunting rifles which were used for deer hunting, and .22s to go shooting with. At no time have I ever owned and still do not believe there is any reason that high capacity assault/military style weapons should be legal for civilians to own. My uncles had no problem with deer rifles that held a max of 5 rounds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Im am a gun owner, but came into it through a hunting family so the guns I own due to inheritance are shotguns, and hunting rifles which were used for deer hunting, and .22s to go shooting with. At no time have I ever owned and still do not believe there is any reason that high capacity assault/military style weapons should be legal for civilians to own. My uncles had no problem with deer rifles that held a max of 5 rounds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm a hunter too ccsji, and own three shotguns. I'm not anti-gun.  I don't understand though why Americans can't find the backbone to stand up to the NRA. Evidence from around the world shows that less access to high-capacity firearms correlates with lower gun deaths. Yet this morning on the news I hear repeated specious arguments about how gun control won't work or how even if it did work how we're powerless to stop evil. Since when have Americans become such idiots and jellyfish. It drives me freakin' nuts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm a hunter too ccsji, and own three shotguns. I'm not anti-gun.  I don't understand though why Americans can't find the backbone to stand up to the NRA. Evidence from around the world shows that less access to high-capacity firearms correlates with lower gun deaths. Yet this morning on the news I hear repeated specious arguments about how gun control won't work or how even if it did work how we're powerless to stop evil. Since when have Americans become such idiots and jellyfish. It drives me freakin' nuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Evidence from around the world

[/QUOTE]

What you fail to absorb is that, this, is, not, "around the world".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Im 47 so remember the early 80s when all the assault style weapons became the rage - the "street sweeper" shotgun has absolutely NO sporting purpose. The military style AR-15s, Ruger mini 14s, and others made in .223 caliber arent even a legal deer hunting round in many states because the caliber is too small. There are collectors of these weapons that like to shoot them, FINE - just make a fixed magazine 5 shot civilian model that top loads one round at a time like bolt action deer rifles.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What you fail to realize is it ain't Mogadishu either.  The "exceptionalism you seem to be arguing for is a figment of your own imagination.  The US isn't that different and itcertainly isn't so violent nothingscan be done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What you fail to realize is it ain't Mogadishu either.  The "exceptionalism you seem to be arguing for is a figment of your own imagination.  The US isn't that different and itcertainly isn't so violent nothingscan be done.

[/QUOTE]

You completely miss the difference. Beyond the demographic issues we have discussed the USA is not structured like any Euro country or Canada. We have 50 "countries" that have a certain level of autonomy. The federal usurpation of states rights by citing the "commerce clause" is already near the breaking point of tolerance in a large number of venues.

If you want gun control get on your hiking boots and cajole the 50 separate governments you need to create universal change.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it's so important to you, why aren't you leading the way organizing anti-NRA rallies and starting your own PAC or whatever it takes. It appears to me you're just ranting on a message board, not actually accomplishing very much. You sit there calling Americans idiots, well what does that make you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You completely miss the difference. Beyond the demographic issues we have discussed the USA is not structured like any Euro country or Canada. We have 50 "countries" that have a certain level of autonomy. The federal usurpation of states rights by citing the "commerce clause" is already near the breaking point of tolerance in a large number of venues.

If you want gun control get on your hiking boots and cajole the 50 separate governments you need to create universal change.

[/QUOTE]

That's a silly excuse, that really is no obstacle if the American people have the will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it's so important to you, why aren't you leading the way organizing anti-NRA rallies and starting your own PAC or whatever it takes. It appears to me you're just ranting on a message board, not actually accomplishing very much. You sit there calling Americans idiots, well what does that make you?

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't told me what neighborhood you live in where a Glock is necessary to defend yourself and your family. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't told me what neighborhood you live in where a Glock is necessary to defend yourself and your family. 

[/QUOTE]

I live near Tampa. A relatively safe suburb, probably not much different from Newtown or Cheshire, CT. Remember Cheshire from a few years ago? Stuff happens everywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a silly excuse, that really is no obstacle if the American people have the will.

[/QUOTE]

What don't you grasp about the states determining the gun laws? It's not an excuse. Who do we have to explain our laws to, you? Podunk Canada?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What don't you grasp about the states determining the gun laws? It's not an excuse. Who do we have to explain our laws to, you? Podunk Canada?

[/QUOTE]

How about the states shouldn't handle their own gun laws. States with tighter gun laws are besieged by illegal weapons bought legally in states with lax laws. The NRA loves this. They make sure the pipelines from the legal to the illegal markets remain open while at the same time using the amount of illegal weapons as a scare tactic to get people to buy more legal weapons. And thus the weapons industry continues to make money by the truckload.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about the states shouldn't handle their own gun laws. States with tighter gun laws are besieged by illegal weapons bought legally in states with lax laws. The NRA loves this. They make sure the pipelines from the legal to the illegal markets remain open while at the same time using the amount of illegal weapons as a scare tactic to get people to buy more legal weapons. And thus the weapons industry continues to make money by the truckload.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Knock yourself out trying to wrest control of gun laws from the states.

Brilliant thinking though. We've got 12 million illegal aliens we can't keep out, but we can keep guns out once we get states to heel to a federal gun control mandate. Your gun logic is right in line with your football logic Rusty.