Happy 65th Number 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Happy 65th Number 4

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

In response to palookaski's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Greatest Boston athlete ever, Bobby Orr.

Sorry, it's hockey I know. So I'll just say this then, love Brady and many other Pats, but none meant to Boston/New England or their sport what Orr did. If you weren't around then, it's difficult to explain, but it was revolutionary. As great as the Pats have been, they haven't had that impact.

And, there should never be a question about "who was the greatest Hockey Player ever"? When I see  Bobby Orr skate from the back of his own net and skate up full Ice and score all by himself ....wow.   Gave his all to the Bruins and fans. At the age of only 28 just had to call it quits.

Keep up your good work ...Muzz

Sorry dude, I love Orr but to e he' not the best of all time... I'll take numerous guys over him IMO...

Lemeiux, Gretzky, Bossy to name a few....

Just my opinion..

Gretzky is the only viable name you have in there. Lemieux? The guy was a gutless worm. Great player, but are you serious?  Bossy? Again, great player and sniper of his era, but the only guy who can be compared in a serious discussion is Gretzky and I can't even say he was better.

Orr was the Babe Ruth of hockey. 

Lemieux ? Your really Trashing 66? No disrespect but clearly you never watched him play...

He was a man among boys..On a whole different level...on a scale of 1 to 10 his skill, vision and hands were 10000. second to almost no one...

Just ask Kevin Stevens.

Just like you love Borque I can name at least a dozen better defenseman then he was..

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Also for you to say anyone who thinks 66 is better then 4 is a millennial and is a bad fan is ridiculous..

Without sounding like a cocky db, I have played hockey 15 yrs of hockey including a short time in the ohl.. I've watched hockey extensively and for the past ten yrs in on the leaf bench for their games. Don't sit here and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.. Everyone has an opinion and I understand the game just as good or to be frank probably better then you..

Perhaps not football, which maybe I do... But definitely hockey dude.. I'd be willing to proveanything I just said to you...

Yes I think 66 is more talented then Orr.. Different era... Players these days are bigger stronger faster..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Sorry for the grammar I'm posting on my phone at work..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Just like when it's all said and done Sid will be looked at as better then Orr..

Hate all you want it's true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Yes I think 66 is more talented then Orr.. Different era... Players these days are bigger stronger faster..

The different era thing.... Gretzky played in a different era too. Michael Jordan played in a different era than Lebron James. Bill Russell was smaller than Magic Johnson. Yaz was 5'11, 175, he'd be lucky to get a tryout today.

Other than maybe boxing, you can only compare different eras by measuring how dominant someone was vs. his peers of the day, not by trying to put him in today's game.  Otherwise nobody from even 15 or 20 years ago measures up. People evolve, can't hold that against them. 

By the way, it's legit to think Lemieux was the best ever. I don't agree, but nobody's right or wrong. Hard to compare a defenseman to a center anyway, like comparing an RB to a QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Agreed in term comparing a forward to a dman but IMO 66 was the most dominating player and elevated guys around him as good as anyone or better.. Likened to how 99 made Bernie nichols

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wish I had the chance to watch him play, instead I had to listen to my dad tell me how much better he was than Ray Bourque. This became somewhat depressing for two reasons...one, Bourque was my favorite player...two, if the guy was better than Bourque...he must of been phenomenal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Your thread started off with greatest Boston athlete ever.  Orr belongs on the short list. My top 4 list as follows;

1. Bill Russell (number 1 without a doubt)

2. Larry Bird 

3. Bobby Orr

4. Tom Brady 

Exactly how I would have listed 'em.  No question Orr was great but Russell was beyond great (if that can be said of anyone).  Those who actually saw him play witnessed him doing things on the court that have yet to be replicated by anyone who has ever played the game.  

Disclaimer:  Russ was my idol while I was groing up so, no, I am not at all objective.  But, hey, I don't  have to be - I'm a fan.

i don't understand why we can't just talk football. this is a football forum. go to the hockey forum if you want to talk hockey. i just don't understand why you can't follow the rules.

This from the dude who talks about Israel here.

Hello Pot, meet Kettle.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Also for you to say anyone who thinks 66 is better then 4 is a millennial and is a bad fan is ridiculous..

Without sounding like a cocky db, I have played hockey 15 yrs of hockey including a short time in the ohl.. I've watched hockey extensively and for the past ten yrs in on the leaf bench for their games. Don't sit here and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.. Everyone has an opinion and I understand the game just as good or to be frank probably better then you..

Perhaps not football, which maybe I do... But definitely hockey dude.. I'd be willing to proveanything I just said to you...

I've played hockey too and I've seen Lemuix play several times...the guy was totally unstoppable. He was the best player I have ever seen...so skilled, patient, smart, big..there was nothing he couldn't do. Nothing. God I hated that guy - I watched him make a fool out of Bourque one time on a breakaway - just toyed with him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Orr and Esposito vs park and ratelle.  Some fantastic games. Tony Esposito on the hawks. Hockey was great back in the day. Lots of rule changes since then.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.