Hard Loss, but it's time to move on!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I real Heart breaker, but the season is far from over. No point in throwing out the blame game, losing Ty Warren hurt big in this game. Pats have Miami next week and should get back on track. I don't see the Jets running the table.

Hey, when Brady went down, who would have thought the Pats would be 6-4 with Matt Cassel, I wouldn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

the loss sucks but we played HURT and were thissss close to beating the jets. Really the Jets should have beaten us handily, so there are alotta positives to take away. Cassel is beginning to become a very good quarterback man, his play improves every week. On to miami next week, well get back on track..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BernieCarbo75. Show BernieCarbo75's posts

We'll move on but can we at least have a couple hours tonight to consider that Pees on 3rd and 15 abandoned the pressure that was shutting Favre down?! That the refs made a terrible call on Vrable at the almost one-yard line (still within the five yard contact area and either way there was no hold!), the dropped passes and fumbles, the failure by BB to go for a FG late in the first half. I could go on and on. But at least give us tonight ot be bummed. I actually think they can still win the division and shame on those who are willing to give up. But to not be a little bitter about this loss right now is crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Amen! Cassel throws for 400, Mayo is a beast with 16 tackles. Guyton and Woods play fairly well. There are some major bright sides to this loss. The less bright side is that it's now going to cost about $8million per to keep #16.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

One thing I certainly didn't think I'd see was Cassel lead the offense down the field for a tying touchdown with little more than a minute left. That was encouraging. It's a tough loss and with an upcoming road game against a team that abused us at home it's time to refocus. While the playoffs may still be a realistic goal, this team is not good enough to overcome penalties and turnovers and stalling in the red zone, and the kick coverage is simply abysmal. When the Pats are on top of their game, they can match up with most teams in the league, I think -- but to overcome this rash of injuries they absolutely have to eliminate mental errors.

Miamis must go down, and it must go down HARD!

Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Each game I like the long term future of our team. We are going to be competing for the Super Bowl for quite a few years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Hurts too much to laugh and I'm too old to cry...

but really, there were a lot of positive things happening in the game. I thought woods and guyton played well and the offense really started humming in the second half.

maybe we are in the midst of another magical patriots season? who knows, this may be bb's defining moment--

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

There is just no dominant team in the AFC this season, and any team can beat anybody this year. I still like the Pats chances at winning the division and making a serious run in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertwgrover. Show robertwgrover's posts

This has been a really weird, unexpected rebuilding season so far. The Pats should have beaten the Colts a few weeks back, and they should have lost to the Jets tonight. Both were losses, and in years past they would have at least taken one of them. Way too many mistakes tonight, but brilliance late to get back into it. So who knows what will happen? You give up 3rd and 15 in OT down the middle of the field. I mean, come on. . . . And yet you can't help but feel pretty positive considering all of the adversity this team has overcome this year -- it's catching up with them, and it's hard to watch, but they still compete. All those headlines in the past few years saying "These are the 'Good Old Days.'" Well, maybe they were right. But it's all a part of being a fan, and I'll always love this team. A win down in Miami in a week and a half, and and almost certain Jets loss to the Titans, and we're right back where we were a few hours ago.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Either way you look at it... to lose to a NY team at this juncture of the season hurts. The team may be missing more key elements than most teams at this time, but, you gotta play who you got.

This defeat really showed the impact of losing Harrison and Thomas in the middle of the D. The Jets had no fear going to the middle of the field 5 - 10 yards down the field. The icing on the cake was the 3rd & 15 pass to Keller! He caught the ball 2-3 yards SHORT of the first down and was initially hit by TWO PATS defenders yet still got the yardage to get a 1st down! In roughly the last 10 minutes of the game, the D gave up 10 points and couldn't stop the Jets when it counted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I wanted to throw in the towel by half time,but we came back.we had many chances to win this game if we had won the OT coin toss we would have won this game.one thing ive learned cassel is real good with the no huddle offense,plus he took gambles at the end,and they paid off.something he just needs to do through out the game.suck it up,and take the gamble.we can say cassel rode this team on his back in the second half.400yrds passing,and almost 70yrds rushing.yes he made mistakes,but where was our running game,and our defense.special teams.like i said before stats dont win games.cassel got the stats we all wanted a QB to have,but still loss,but he can throw for 170yrds,and 1 td,and we win.yes its time to move on to miami.it gives extra time to fix our problems before then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Sometimes a tough loss could be a good kick in the backside. I think this game will propel the Pats to the division title AND a playoff bye. There were a lot of positives that were out on the field last night. Special teams however were not on the positive side of the ledger. Fix that damn mess!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

You are all like band members on the Titantic. The ship is going down. We will not make the playoffs. Cassel still can't hit a wide open Moss and has horrible accuracy and can't score in the Red Zone on a consistant basis.

QB Sucks, Coaching Sucks, D can't make a big stop when needed. What are you people looking at that I don't see?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]You are all like band members on the Titantic. The ship is going down. We will not make the playoffs. Cassel still can't hit a wide open Moss and has horrible accuracy and can't score in the Red Zone on a consistant basis.

QB Sucks, Coaching Sucks, D can't make a big stop when needed. What are you people looking at that I don't see?
    [/Quote]the team made mistakes like all teams do.the QB made mistakes,but 400yrds,and 3tds,and 70yrds rushing yea he sucks.as for playoffs they can if they get it together.sure when your down 24-6 you do fill a little disgusted,and possibly seeing your dream wash away.even in a loss you can see positive things a team can build on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]You are all like band members on the Titantic. The ship is going down. We will not make the playoffs. Cassel still can't hit a wide open Moss and has horrible accuracy and can't score in the Red Zone on a consistant basis.

[/Quote]

Kmaxx... feel free to jump! I don't want to see your posts when the pendelum swings the other way. Either support, win or lose, and take the lumps. What more did you want the O to do? Where were you at the half, at the railing?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dunnieboy. Show Dunnieboy's posts

I actually am a jets fan that does think that the Pats can win the division ... i think it will either be :

Jets 11-5 Pats 10-6 or
    Pat 11-5 jets 10-6

Pats looked pretty good last night ... if Cassell continues to grow they will be tough this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Last year the Pats went 16-0 and lose the one that counts. That hurt. Losses will only keep this team sharp, expect a big win in Miami and the Jets to fall to Tenn. Then were all back to even again.

This season has a long way to go and the Pats are getting better every game. One thing is for certain, Cassel can no longer be called "game manager" This kid can take the team back from a big deficit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[Quote]Last year the Pats went 16-0 and lose the one that counts. That hurt. Losses will only keep this team sharp, expect a big win in Miami and the Jets to fall to Tenn. Then were all back to even again.

This season has a long way to go and the Pats are getting better every game. One thing is for certain, Cassel can no longer be called "game manager" This kid can take the team back from a big deficit.[/Quote]

I do like the fact we have a few extra days to prepare for Miami. Even though the Dolphins beat us convincingly at home I think the Pats find a way and win in Miami.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

The best thing about the Patriots struggles this year - less chance for the NFL Network to pick up their games for next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

maybe,everyone will be wanting to see how brady is,and if he will have any setbacks,and if not everyone will know he will be very eager,and hungry to play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When Brady stepped in for Bledsoe in '01, who would have thought he'd lead the Pats to a SB win? Surpises are just that, surprises.

Who's to say the Pats of '08 may not put a run together and become like the Giants of '07? Did anyone think the 11-5 Giants of last year, with L'il Maninng as QB would be the SB champs? All it takes is a hot streak at the right time of year. Giants proved that!!