Has anyone Ever predicted a pats Pick???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Has anyone Ever predicted a pats Pick???????

I don't think anyone has ever predicted a pats draft pick in any round at any situation.  The closest thing was when they selected wilfork. 
    No body can ever predict what the pats will do, but ussually they do it right so don't worry about this draft because in the end everyone will scrath their heads on who they take, but they will be good players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Re: Has anyone Ever predicted a pats Pick???????

There was a guy on this forum who said he predicted 4 of the first 5 picks of the Pats correctly last year.  I'm calling BS though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Can't say I predicted it more than I was hopefully that they pick Chung.

I read a BDC article talking about 5 or 6 safties, and Chung stuck out to me for his hover role.  Sounded like someone who just knew where to be and knew what to do (Instincs).  Not to mention the fact that he lays wood was appealing as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

A few people have picked several. I have had some picks. 

Some years are easier than others because the Pats enter with huge holes on the roster at some spots. 

This year is more complicated. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It happens more often than you think... but than there are just as many Logan Mankin moments where you have to refer back to your draft guide after saying "who?" out loud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I got Butler, Brace, and Chung, and Gronk, Spikes, and Hernandez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I got Gronk and Mesko last year, have never called a 1st rounder correctly though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I created a thread with all my picks, I may not get any but I would be surprised if many of those guys don't become PAT's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone Ever predicted a pats Pick???????:
    [QUOTE]I got Butler, Brace, and Chung, and Gronk, Spikes, and Hernandez.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Brace, really?????.... Gronk and Hernandez?? Two TE's in one year.. huh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Spikes and Butler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i got spikes, gronk, hernandez, and mesko

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Many of the picks, yes.  The actual drafting locations, rarely.  However, a lot of BB's best picks have come in from left field.

Uncallables:  Tom Brady, Matt Cassell, maybe Vollmer looked like a reach, Mankins was a surprise, Mayo was a surprise, McCourty was some untested guy from rinkydink state.  Brady at 6 foot 5 and with brains seems medium obvious in retrospect, but at the time he was some slow, rail-thin kid who couldn't throw over 20 yards. 

What we have is BB's modus operandi.  He loves size-speed combinations.  He loves long arms.  He loves explosiveness, that first 10-yard split, 3-cone, 20-yard shuttles.  He likes bench press numbers in lots of types of guys.

He loves intelligence, but it's hard for us peons to get players' Wonderlic scores because the NFL is afraid of low-performing players getting teased.  Certain professional football players, Miss America candidates and Jaywalk All-Stars aren't 1/10 as smart as the lady who drives your mail truck, although truck driving isn't much of a skill.  More to the point, Jonathan Kraft's crack staff quizzes hundreds of prospects, sometimes for hours, looking for great "football intelligence".  They know who's good, the other 31 war rooms go by the Wonderlic, and the rest of us just guess based on the prospects' majors in college. 

So, based on the criteria we know, look for explosion and gorilla arms in an engineering major or premed.  There ya go!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And I got the Tom Brady pick correct when they drafted him but almost missed it.  Here is the story....

You see, I had him a first rounder earlier on all my mock drafts knowing he would be something special, but I knew nobody elses had a clue except me.  So right before the draft started I moved him back to the 6th knowing he would still be available then.  When the Pats got into the 6th round I called up BB and let him know he better pick this guy up!  Thats been my best pick to date.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bollocks!  You called all of those prior to the draft!?   Or more likely you hoped they were the picks based on availability right before they were taken?  Nostra-effing-damus then!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone Ever predicted a pats Pick??????? : Brace, really?????.... Gronk and Hernandez?? Two TE's in one year.. huh
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I would have to see that mock. Picking Gron OR Hernandez in a slot or doing like fives mocks and combining them doesn't count.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]i got spikes, gronk, hernandez, and mesko
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]
    i screwed up with Mesko. I knew he was better overall, but thought that Bowden would be the better system fit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here's how easy it is to predict the Patriots' draft:

1.  Whenever the Patriots trade down one to five slots in the first or early second rounds, take a sip of beer.  For two such trades in a row, drink half the beer.

2.  Whenever the Patriots trade up to grab their guy, take two sips of beer.

3.  Whenever the Patriots trade into 2012 for a first or second rounder, BB is now pleased as punch so chug the beer.

4.  If a draft pick's arms are 34 inches or longer as seen on nfl.com/combine/participants, take a sip.  If the guy has explosion for his position, take another sip.  If the guy is ready for graduate school, show him something about real intelligence by sitting upside down on your couch or chair and then taking a sip.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Didnt MB get a few of them last year including McCourty?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Last year, I had Price and Mesko, I thought Patrick Robinson instead of McCourty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Last year, I had McCourty (and many on here will tell you this0, and Spikes...  This year?  Even though I've loved Carimi, Helu/Va tech's #2 RB (name? not R Williams), and J Brown/Cinci's CB (name?)...see I'm already on draft burnout.  So now, scr#w it: I'm goin' with A. Smith/maybe Kerrigan, then some trade downs with Wisniewski, D Murray, god-I don't want A. Bailey, but BB has interviewed him 137 X (unless he's gettin' Brandon Harris & that these have been a cover), then hopefully idk by now-A. Jackson.  DRAFT BURN-OUT!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Seymore, Glenn, and ......had some (like Wilfork) that as he dropped and the Pats were on the clock; knew they would take him. They have surprised me to the point that they don't surprise me anymore...ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Maroney (yeah I'm pretty embarashed by getting that one right)
    Mayo
    Spikes
    Mesko

for me but I also got a couple in the wrong rounds

McCourty (I was actually pissed they took him in the 1st cause I thought they could have gotten him in the late 2nd. Boy I'm glad I was wrong)
    Butler
    Price
    Larson

You'd be surprised how many of us can give you 25 names and get at least 3-5 names right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Regretfully...Darius Butler...Really thought he'd be a good corner...another so so player Ron Brace....but I got it this year...I've gotten beat up but I truly believe they are taking Julio Jones, I saw this video at 60maxpowero.com and he's just too good. There are very limited skill players and he would look so good as Moss's replacement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Regretfully...Darius Butler...Really thought he'd be a good corner...another so so player Ron Brace....but I got it this year...I've gotten beat up but I truly believe they are taking Julio Jones, I saw this video at 60maxpowero.com and he's just too good. There are very limited skill players and he would look so good as Moss's replacement.
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

Jones is the real deal. NE won't be able to snag him though. I think Torrey Smith could be nearly as good though. He is legit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Robert Quinn this year. Book it