HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT WILFOLK GETTING A NEW CONTRACT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT WILFOLK GETTING A NEW CONTRACT?

IT WASN'T VERY LONG AGO WHEN KRAFT SAID THAT THEY ARE CLOSE TO A NEW DEAL FOR THE BIG N.T.(NOT TO MENTION THAT HE IS ARGUABLY THEIR BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER)...WHAT IS GOING ON?HAS ANY WRITER OR BROADCASTER SAID OR WRITTEN ANYTHING THAT MOVES THIS STORY FORWARD.WAS KRAFT JUST TRYING TO PLACATE WE FANS?WAS HE BEING OVERLY OPTOMISTIC?COULD THERE HAVE BEEN PROGRESS BUT THEY JUST CHOSE TO  NOT ISSUE A PUBLIC UPDATE(NOT THAT THIS WOULD SURPRISE ANYONE)?ANYBODY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?AS FOR YOU WRITERS AND BROADCASTERS, AT LEAST PUSH FOR SOME INFO IF NOT HARD ANSWERS AND TELL US WHAT YOU LEARN OR TELL US THE PATS ARE STONEWALLING YOU.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT WILFOLK GETTING A NEW CONTRACT?

From my understanding if you haven't heard anything from either side than that's generally a good thing. IMO a deals done they are just waiting for something and my guess will be the start of next season on the 5th. They might be waiting to verify that next year is a uncapped year first or what FA's will be available. Maybe they have a hand shake agreement with Vince over a pending FA where if they can't sign a guy the really want maybe Vince gets the same amount of money but 1 less year on the contract or if they get the FA 1 extra year to spread the money and potential cap hit out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT WILFOLK GETTING A NEW CONTRACT?

As I understand it they were looking for more time to get the deal done. So by tagging him they could focus on what they wanted to do with the RFA's. Now that that is taken care of they will again focus on Wilfork. I expect they will get it done pretty quickly.

Now, by waiting till after the free agency period begins they are not constrained by the cap. Any deal made after that date will only partly count on a future cap.