Has anyone heard

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Has anyone heard

No, the youth movement was inevitable and had nothing to do with Brady's imminent deal. After 2008, you could already see the Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour and Harrison days were coming to an end. It was a matter of making it as smooth a transition as possible. Harrison came in hurt and had a long rehab ahead of him. We could have kept Seymour but Oakland gave us a deal we couldn't pass up considering whether we kept Seymour year for 2009 or not, he wasn't a part of the long-term plan. Last year, Bruschi was in camp but he and Belichick both new he wasn't going to make the squad. Because he wanted to retire a Patriot, he hung 'em up.

Youth is cheap but there's zero correlation with Brady's deal. I hope Nacho Sancheez is watching; it's the closest he's getting to a max deal. He better shake Brady's hand real hard next Sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Has anyone heard:
    [QUOTE]If Brady has resigned?  What is up with you fools?  How many posts do you need about the same thing? I, for one, am pretty happy.  Regardless if Brady deserves this money (he does), 20 mil a year will cripple that Patriots for the next few years.  This explains the youth (cheap money) movement. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]
    You have to understand everyone sees Brady's deal differently so thats why so many posts. As for crippling the Patriots remember next year all the running backs will be gone, the big money (Mankin) will be gone, Moss will be gone, the NFL will be shut out and Fans will be up in arms.  At the very least, Lord Helmet Peyton produces for his pay, Brady does also, but  as for Eli, come on now had his last name not been Manning he would be parking cars out back of Hooters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The thread count is pretty simple to explain.  A bunch of us heard the announcement at the same time watching the game.  A bunch of us looked to see if there was a thread, didn't find one, and created one.  A bunch of us refreshed our browsers and saw that a bunch of us all thought alike.

Look at the post times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Has anyone heard:
    [QUOTE]If Brady has resigned?  What is up with you fools?  How many posts do you need about the same thing? I, for one, am pretty happy.  Regardless if Brady deserves this money (he does), 20 mil a year will cripple that Patriots for the next few years.  This explains the youth (cheap money) movement. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Yup, with all the talk about how Revis was going to hurt the jets chances of signing our FA, the pats committed 13.3% of a $150M cap to one position.  Cant knock Brady, he is a class act but that has to hurt the organization as a whole.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rex- Have you heard?

-Coca Cola was originally green.

-The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

You don't know what the cap will be moving forward.  This salary clearly is an increase at the QB position, 3 times over, so yes, they'll need to keep drafting.

Two 1st and two 2nds in 2011.

Someday Jets fans will wake up and see the process. Absolutely comical they are 4-5 hours away down the highway and they ignore the model of a legendary franchise in the same division.

Who would pay a CB 16 mil per over a HOF QB in his prime?

Brady gets a 4 year deal which is fair, but not bloated by any means as his skills clearly are not eroding, and it parallels Belichick's contract.

Perfect.

And we all know Manning's contract will really hurt the Colts once that gets done. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

What "turn around"?

The cap will be going down. Your boyfriend listed the cap at 150 mil and it will be LESS than that (possibly) in 2011.   I just thought it was funny he listed 150 million as if he thinks that is the number in 2011 and moving forward.

No "turn around" whatsoever, dumb-dumb.

In fact, I just stated with Brady getting 3 times more in salary, the rookie caps and draft picks are more important now than, say, signing an Adalius Thomas.

You're dumb and have horrendous reading comprehension problems.

Read a book. Please.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

No. I am not saying anyone knows the number. That is the point, dumb-dumb. However, since the owners opted out of a deal from 2006 that they did not like, this signals the idea they not only might want it lowered, they also want more control of the negotiated hikes during the life of the CBA.

Get it?

Why would the owners opt out and threaten a lockout if they were happy with an escalating cap, where the profit sharing is also unfair to some owners?

Are you this dumb?

I have explained this to you a number of times.

Seriously, what is your level of education? You act like this is rocket science.  Was it incest that has done this to your brain?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

These moron trolls are so funny

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It's ok. By Week 6, they'll all be gone anyway.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Which is what, reject?

You spend  more time trying to pretend I have no idea what I am talking about instead of learning something. Speaks volumes.

"The issue there is that the top-earning teams make it difficult for the lower-earning teams to keep pace with the salary cap. At least that’s how the argument goes. In 2006, the NFL tried to resolve that by having increased revenue sharing. However, that has caused resentment among the owners who are forced to share."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cbaandowners051908

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti created a stir earlier in the week when he said some linebackers are making more than a few entire teams. And Goodell said Friday that the owners made $200 million less than in 2006. "The owners and clubs are being squeezed, the economics are not working," he said.

The players say they want to see the clubs' profit-loss statements. Goodell says the NBA and NHL showed their unions the books, but both had long work stoppages anyway.

So, how much of this is posturing -- by both sides -- and how much is serious?

The owners don't seem to be in anywhere near the union-busting mood they were 23 years ago. But unless they get the upper hand in a deal this time around (especially with Smith, with whom they have no relationship, on the other side), they'll probably put replacement players on the field again, because what we learned in 1987 is that players don't have the resources to withstand a protracted work stoppage. Owners do. With the product being more popular now than it ever has been domestically, the owners won't benefit from a work stoppage, but they'd benefit from getting the deal they want, by whatever means necessary.

At the heart of so much of this disagreement seems to be stadium improvement or procurement. Goodell even said, "Capital improvements take a significant investment, a need the league didn't have 20 years ago." It's one of the things that owners put under the umbrella of "cost recognition," reasoning that mutual investment will increase revenue, which will lead to greater compensation for the players . . . or, as Goodell said, "a proper system which recognizes the investment it takes."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/05/AR2010020503094.html

Read and learn, kiddo.

Sure sounds like to me the owners opted out of the 2006 extension specifically to try to gain more control of the revenue pool.

Glad I could TRY to help, but you apparently are far beyond that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I never said increase. Ever.

Show me where I said increase. Your dribble lipped fellow Jets fan mentioned "150 million" so I laughed.

How many times were you dropped on your head after the incest occurred?

6?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

I see Rusty Trombone is back. As to the Revis contract, who is paying him $16 million?? Do YOU even read? Obviously not....
    --------
     "After more than seven months of negotiations and a 36-day contract holdout, Darrelle Revis and the Jets have agreed to terms on a four-year contract, the team announced -- an intermediate arrangement that reunites the player with his team one week before the season opener.

He is expected to report to Florham Park today and sign the deal, which reportedly is worth $46 million with $32 million in guarantees."

------------

$46 million for 4 years is $11.5/year. Instead of insulting people and asking them to read a book, why don't you try it instead of playing with your Brady blow-up doll and doing what you do best, the Rusty Trombone on it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

That's WRONG. As usual.

Are you all collectively this dumb?

He gets 16.25 this year and next, with the remaining in the last 2 years spread out evenly.

LEARN TO READ:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/06/revis-deal-pays-out-1625-million-per-year-over-first-two-years/

Can you dumbos look any more dumb on understanding economics in the cap era?

You define stupidity.

How funny is this you are again wrong and you try to talk down to me?  Instead of learning and understanding, you showcase a lack of intelligence and insecurity.

AGAIN.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Defense wins titles and I would absolutely front end the best player on my D in an uncapped year.

That's very smart.

As  mentioned, the 16.25 for Revis in 2011 will be the issue because if there is no lockout, all the FAs the Jets currently count on will not be there past 2010.

The other problem is NY has had some poor drafts recently and they need to have an incredible draft next year to offset the mass exodus at the end of 2010.

Make no mistake, Corky, the 2010 Jets are a one shot deal.  Boom or bust.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

For those of you criticizing the Pats for allocating so much of their cap to Brady, remember this: now, more than ever, the NFL is a quarterback league (thank you Mr. Polian, and your pals on the CC, for your rules tinkering) .

Without a top-flight QB it's very, very hard to compete in the modern-day NFL. There may still be the occasional Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson, plus a historically great defense, winning a single Lombardi Trophy here and there, but those days are growing ever more numbered (it's been 8 years since the Bucs did it with a stifling, turnover-producing-machine of a defense, and Brad Johnson).

New Orleans and Indy, really, both got to Miami last season based mainly on their offensive production; their defenses were "just good enough" to not completely hinder their chances to get to the big dance--both defenses were good at forcing turnovers, which always has been a huge factor, but both also gave up a lot of yards and struggled at times to stop opponents. Go back to 2008 and you'll find Arizona, with a great passing offense and a lousy, lousy defense, coming up just 4 points shy of winning it all. For that matter, the Colts won in 2006 with a historically bad run defense (ranked 32 out of 32 teams in the league that year, and at the time it was the 7th-worst run defense in NFL history).

The Pats had to do this contract, regardless of the salary cap "hit" down the road, because they have one of the best QBs ever to play the game, still in his prime, and in the NFL of 2010, you simply must have that in order to have a chance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

BB needs to hit on his top 4 picks in next year's draft and with the investment in youth, this should offset the upped cost to Brady's salary.

This what Jets fans don't get.

It's WHERE you allocate your money and to whom.  Putting 16.25 or 12 million in 2012 to a CB is bad business. I can't think of one team who has won a SB by carrying a bloated contract that position.

They get away with it this year.  This year.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I don't see Asamouga on the Jets roster.