Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?

• In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
      [QUOTE] Well I certainly do not read about anything Tom Brady does on a regular basis for underprivilaged kids, not that he does nothing but there sure isn't much about it written. He should start to do something and let it be known what it is he does and how it impacts people. Otherwise he is a republican elitist. His politics is all about money because having children out of wedlock is against everything the GOP stands for. tom mcmahon millis ma
      Posted by tommic856[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Brady doesn't need to publisize how much charity work he does.
    • Trip to Ghana and Uganda to support AIDS victims in Africa.  http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/496697/tom_bradys_invhttp://www.associatedcontent.com/article/496697/tom_bradys_involvement_with_charities.html?cat=48 
    • Actively supports,as honorary chairman, the "Best Buddies" organisation. Best Buddies provides friendship and job opportunities to people who have intellectual disabilities http://jollypeople.com/blog/2009/05/31/tom-brady-best-buddies/
    •  People who publisize how generous they are to charities are in the business of self promotion,not charity.
    •  Your comments about Republican elitists not providing enough charitable support to the community are quite simply ignorant. Was it not the democratic hero of the green revolution,Al Gore, who saw his net worth go from $2 million in 2002 to $120 million in 2008 suckering people to contribute to his crusade against climate change? Nice scam Al!
    • Democratic state senator Efrain Gonzalez' use of $423,000 worth of charity funds to purchase a cigar making company in the Dominican Republic,jewelry and his daughters college tuition really showed the Republican elitists how shameful they are for not contributing to his "charity".
    • Concerning your child out of wedlock comment;Where's Obama's muslim father? I guess those evil Republicans are behind his shadowy existence.
    • Would you like to read about the feelings of the "Honorable" Democratic conressional Rep. John Murtha on how charities should work? http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/02/cbsnews_investigates/main5057122.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_5057122   How does a charity receive a $45 million defense contract and claim the same tax exempt status as the Salvation Army? Good one Mr. Murtha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Lets keep politics out of this, there is enough corruption on both sides to go around. I can remember when suit coats were mandatory for teams travelling. I can't criticisize Brady for being well dressed and stylish as long as he is the same hungry QB on the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

I'm sure in your liberal progressive little world, anything that exudes professionalism and correct attire is viewed as republican-elitist.  Remember, all is not lost, it's never tool late to get a clue. . . .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Brady said his guards at his wedding did not have guns, and nobody shot at anyone.  But reporters would not lie, would they?  Right!
    Brady is the face of the Patriots, and if he wants to wear a suit so he looks good when he gets to London, who cares?  Would you rather he look grungy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

There should be an award for the most ridiculous post of the month.

There's definately some stiff competition, but I believe we have a winner here!   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE] Well I certainly do not read about anything Tom Brady does on a regular basis for underprivilaged kids, not that he does nothing but there sure isn't much about it written. He should start to do something and let it be known what it is he does and how it impacts people. Otherwise he is a republican elitist. His politics is all about money because having children out of wedlock is against everything the GOP stands for. tom mcmahon millis ma
    Posted by tommic856[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?  Having children out of wedlock is against everything the GOP stands for?  HAHAHA.  The GOP says what they think constituents want to hear, and then they go out and have affairs, here and even in Argentina, have sex with men in bathrooms, have children out of wedlock themselves, and then stand on TV with their wives holding their hands asking for forgiveness.  What about Palin, running for 2nd highest office in the land.  The Queen of hypocrisy.  Her daughter pregnant out of wedlock, and very much underage.  Yet she spouts the right things out of her mouth, and her idiot supporters believe and forgive.  Get real.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

seriously people are so judmental in Boston. A thread about Brady wearing a suit and he is an elitist. Give me a  break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadoggy. Show seadoggy's posts

In Response to Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Choir boy
     Here is some news for ya. One of the Pats benefits to the players is the awarding of 12 prime parking spots at the stadium. They get these spots based on how much time they put in at the complex during the off season. Tom Brady has owned the nr1 spot for years.

Tuesady's are the league mandated off day's for the players. On his day off Tom Brady meets regularly with Coach Belichick to talk over a myriad of things including upcoming schedules previous games the upcoming game plan.

So your comment about him to corporate is freakin nonsense. So what if he wears a suit on the team plane or gets to reap the benefits of his hard work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]seriously people are so judmental in Boston. A thread about Brady wearing a suit and he is an elitist. Give me a  break.
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]got to agree with you. Since when is good grooming a negative or identified with a political party.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

(Just imagine if he wore a pink tie, then he'd be stirring multiple pots at once.)

There are 1696 NFL players among 304 million Americans. They are, by definition, elite athletes and they are an extension of the NFL and their respective teams' brands. I'm no Giants fan, but I do admire the fact they wear suits to games. As Kmax suggests, that's one throwback I'd love to see reappear...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't really know why I even continued reading this thread but I did. Wearing a suit is MANDATORY for team travel and I was surprised when I saw others in sweatsuits and T-shirts. BB must have told them they could because of the duration of the flight. TB is nothing but class on and off the field and if he gets a little fashion help from his top model girlfriend so what!

Keep it on the field, just because they're playing in England doesn't make it OK to take posts/conversation into personal lives like they do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

my thoughts have already been echoed, but this thread was so silly I had to comment.

1st off even IF Brady was an "Elitist", he's one of the best players in the league, and has kept a stellar image on the field.  He's competitive and extremely hardworking, if the average american can't relate to that, well then they have the issue-not tom.  The guy makes tons of money and is married to a supermodel, is he average in that regard? Hell no, but that's not a bad thing, since when did being successful become un-american or anti-football?? Isn't that at the heart of competition?  Football has a blue collar tradition, which is fantastic, but if people can't appreciate the work that Tom Brady puts in, they're not true fans.  I could care less how many 0's are at the end of his game check, he doesn't wind up in jail, takes care of his family (including his child, and is by all accounts a Pro's pro.  Case closed here.

-Good god, reading the OP's "corporate republican attitude" literally made me laugh out loud, c'mon bud that's just childish.  It would be like me saying Barney Frank has a "hippie tree hugging liberal attitude".  I hope this thread doesn't turn into a political one so i'll stop, but Tom Brady has every right to celebrate his success and hard work in a respectful and courteous manner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

I haven't read all the posts except the first two or three, but Ill say this. Anyone who can play like he can in the snot is hardly too corporate or elitist on the field, and that's all that matters. That's blue-collar play at its best. Who cares what somebody does in their private life. I'm not sure Peyton can play like that in the snow so I'd hardly call him a blue-collar player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImaLittleteacup. Show ImaLittleteacup's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately

I wish I could be a SB MVP, one of the game's best-ever QB's, adored by beautiful women worldwide, the envy of every red-blooded guy, play comeback football in thriller situations, known to be one of the all-time clutch players, and have more money than I need.

I'm not that guy. Tom Brady is...and as far as I'm concerned he can wear a suit any damn time he pleases to show that success is a good thing.

Sheesh. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dumbest post of the year, congrats, you edged out stiff competition. You idealize critical thinking skills - now apply them to stuff that matters. One thing you missed is that Peyton still shills for many more products than Brady does, who is much more selective about what he endorses. And what is more corporate than shilling for products? But do Manning's teammates care about that? Of course not. 

Brady continues to get hailed for his work ethic inside the locker room - he busted it to recover from his knee surgery. And you want to nitpick on an area, his personal life, where you lack any kind of good information to make a real judgement. For all I know Brady is a huge tool in his own life, but since I don't have that info, and since it doesn't impact on field performance, who cares? Joe Montana, who some hail as the best QB ever and certainly is one of the "clutchest" in the post season, always struck me as kind of arrogant in his interviews. Who cares what I think? Whether it's true or not it clearly didn't impact anything that matters. 

If you want to whine about something maybe you can head over to the Red Sox part of this forum where some trolls are feeling sorry for themselves over the early exit from the postseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBoardTrollsEatADick. Show PatsBoardTrollsEatADick's posts

i got to say, this thread is great, stir the pot and you always get results.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

In Response to Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   

Dude! Tom isn't an average guy! He's TOM BRADY!!!!! He's married to a woman that any guy in the Razor would kill for! And Oh did I mention.... HE"S TOM BRADY!!! not TOM ARNOLD!!!! Like Bill would say... It is what it is!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:

Whenever I write a post on B.com, I always look it over so see if it makes sense or if it could be criticized of being for lack of a better word - stupid. That's something that you may want to ask yourself. 

I don't care and I'm sure a lot of fellow posters here aren't concerned what Tom Brady wears. I think you ought to be asking yourself why you're paying so much attention to what another man is wearing. 
    As for the elitist and corporate comments, please refer back to my opening statement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

The question should be. Why is TB the only one in a suit? These are professionals are they not?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Tom Brady is paid to win football games while providing a positive representation of the Patriots organization.  It's safe to say that he does both at a high level, the rest is irrelevant.......