have a 2nd laugh at me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

have a 2nd laugh at me

observations from 10 weeks ago;

June 12 observations

Some observations from today...

Hard to tell who each player is with out numbers..and helmets on..(I am 99% sure I have each player correctly identified that I commented on)

-Ras looks very good. If healthy, I could see him bumping Dennerd. He looks big and fast, moving very well. I thought he was Talib at first

-Sudfeld will play in the NFL. I am assuming even at this early stage of practice, he will not last on the PS. Some TE needy team will take him

-Ballard IMO is moving at 60-70% of what I remember when the Pats played the Giants. He is clearly not ready if the season started today..lets hope by September he is good to go (there is no way for me to tell if his running is due to his micro fracture surgery, but I am assuming it is)

-Thompkins will not make the team, but could be offered a spot on PS. He looks big, and runs nice routes for a bigger guy. Had a drop, but still impressed

-Vereen is bigger than last year

-Washington looks very fast. When signed, I thought he may have lost a step or two from his Jets days. From what I can see, he hasnt. I was wrong on him, nice addition.

-Edelman is still in a boot or walking cast...

-Mallett looks great for June...better than last preseason for sure...better footwork, better touch, more confident.

-with out the o line popping, hard to gauge much other than who worked out and bulked up. also hard to identify the new guys. I will try to have better info in July/August

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: have a 2nd laugh at me

In response to rkarp's comment:

June 12 observations

posted at 6/12/2013 3:41 PM EDT

• rkarp
    • First: 1/29/2008
    • Last: 8/30/2013

Hard to tell who each player is with out numbers..and helmets on..(I am 99% sure I have each player correctly identified that I commented on)

-Ras looks very good. If healthy, I could see him bumping Dennerd. He looks big and fast, moving very well. I thought he was Talib at first

-Sudfeld will play in the NFL. I am assuming even at this early stage of practice, he will not last on the PS. Some TE needy team will take him

-Ballard IMO is moving at 60-70% of what I remember when the Pats played the Giants. He is clearly not ready if the season started today..lets hope by September he is good to go (there is no way for me to tell if his running is due to his micro fracture surgery, but I am assuming it is)

-Thompkins will not make the team, but could be offered a spot on PS. He looks big, and runs nice routes for a bigger guy. Had a drop, but still impressed

-Washington looks very fast. When signed, I thought he may have lost a step or two from his Jets days. From what I can see, he hasnt. I was wrong on him, nice addition.

-Mallett looks great for June...better than last preseason for sure...better footwork, better touch, more confident.

-with out the o line popping, hard to gauge much other than who worked out and bulked up. also hard to identify the new guys. I will try to have better info in July/August

i don't think you did too bad

Ras -still not healthy

Sudfeld - We are the team in need of a TE

Ballard - He probably only got to 85%

Thompkins - you saw the possible talent - and he got better

Vereen - is better , maybe much much better

Washington - hard for me to call even now - I was always wondering about ST team blocking

Edelman- he is back - how would you know

Mallett - you called it, he finally showed something good - we need a thread on him vs other teams ssrtarters and BUs

I think you did a great job - no need for a 2nd laugh and certainly not a first

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A lot better than saying Ballard was a lock and it was Bill Belichick laying in the weeds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

All in all, for 10 weeks ago, I'll say you did quite well.  Ras disappointed many of us. Thompkins looks like he's going make the 53 man.  Other than that looks pretty much like it is right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Rusty, just stick to talking football.  When you just talk patriots football you are a really good guy.  When you start trying to prove everyone wrong and get into petty arguments with rkarp, mthurl, etc is when you start looking bad.  Come on. these guys are pats fans just like you and I. Just show a little respect, even if you don't agree with everything that is said. That will get you a long ways.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

For the record: looks like it wasn't rkarp lying after all . . . 

1. Re: Football talk

posted at 6/1/2013 6:53 AM EDT

• rkarp

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

not a good analogy. Thomas is 6'3" and 245 lbs. He is more in the mold of what Hern is, just not as good. Ballard is 6'6" and 275-280 lbs. He has soft hands, but is slow, and still not recovered from micro fracture surgery. If the season started today, I am not sure Ballard would be ready to play physically.

It's a very good analogy. Thomas isn't a good blocker and a true H Back, but each has good hands.  It's rare to see TEs who do both well. Ballard does and his balanced skill set is superior to that of Dave Thomas.

You're a liar. Ballard is out there looking great and drawing praise from Brady and the coaches.

When will you stop this trolling and lying thing you do?  Everything you say about the Pats injury situations or anything has this autmatic negative tone to it and/or is a complete and total lie.

So let me get this straight;

Thomas is not a good blocker, but Ballard is

Thomas is an H back, Ballard is not

Ballard has a balanced skill set, Thomas does not (poor blocker)

Ballard is slow and lumbering, Thomas relies on his getting into the seams downfield.

Yet these 2 players are similar? Just admit you are wrong.

I have in the past 5 days worked with 2 people that attended each media session OTA. I have spoken on the phone with another person who also attended each. Ballard is in full participation, but is being monitored and is not moving at 100% yet. This was verified by 3 people who attended and one of the people was an ex Pats TE. I believe this information will also be in Reiss Sunday notes tomorrow. 

Prather than call me a liar, why don't you try to understand that you have no clue on this topic, and you are wrong. That's not to say come July Ballard is not up to speed. But as of today, he is not yet100% and is not moving at 100%. 

Why don't you have the Hallowed Hoodie ask Reiss in his comments section about this? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Implications of Gronk not being ready

posted at 5/20/2013 5:53 PM EDT

• rkarp

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Gronk needing double team and sometimes triple, where as Ballard needing single coverage, will hurt the run game. Teams can put extra players in the box to stop the run.

Gronk is also the best blocking TE on the team, which also hurts the run game...

If the Pats wish top commit to 40% run, they need Gronk on the field to make it effective.

No. Ballard is a better player than you think. Also, Ballard can run block, which absolutely does not hurt the run game at all, Corky.

Keep trying.

I hope Ballard is the same player that we saw for the Giants. Guy hasnt played in a long time, and he was a slow guy to begin with, now he is a slow guy coming off serious leg injury.

Gronk was rated the 3rd most efficient blocking TE in the NFL, Ballard is not that good. Ballard will also, never, ever draw anything more than single coverage in any route he runs.

I stand by my comment, Gronk is very, very key in the run game if the Pats intend to use it 40% of the time.

Ballard was key for the Giants run game. I am not saying Ballard commands doubles like Gronk, just that he is a good receiver at TE and a very good blocker. He has had tons of time to get ready and he will be. He will be just fine, RKrap.

What was Ballard ranked in 2011 for the Giants, RKrap? Hmm?

I will let you know how he looks in July when the pads come on...

I do not have his ranking with the Giants...he had his best games against the Pats, but he was average as a recieving TE. At 6'6" and 270 lbs, I assume he was a good blocker, but in the Pats hierarchy is behind Gronk and Fells as a blocker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think that was a case were he shined under the lights more than in practice.  Reading many of the early reviews from bleacher report and such they weren't noting him with any significance.  Even the Pat's pupit weren't on to him till he was shineing in pre-season games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

June 12 observations

posted at 6/12/2013 3:41 PM EDT

• rkarp

Kudos on that. imagine if some of the God like posters here actually did the same thing. Legends in their own minds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't side with Rusty that often but rkarp's camp "insights" have aged faster than a brown banana. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

NYJetsSuc and I were discussing it on another thread.   It's like their main goal is to type 5-7 one line retorts in and out of threads and basically root against anything BB does, while they just root for Brady's stats and/or his opp to get stats in the regular season.

Isn't that the guy who posts little more than "NY JETS SUCK" randomly in threads?

That's your new chat buddy?

Perfect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

This is a whose .... Is bigger thread. 

Absolutely hilarious. Lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Kudos on what? saying Edelman is in a boot, Washington fast, but not fast, Dowling looking good and never playing, Mallett better but worse in preseason games, Thompkins our best rookie WR and fantastic in the games and making the team?

He's like 1/10. Ballard not at 100%? Wow! Give that guy a cookie!

You do realize he works for ESPN and is a Jets fan, right?

Kudos on putting out his actual earlier thoughts to show how they compare to what really happened. 

Man your thought process needs a tune up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

• rkarp

not a good analogy. Thomas is 6'3" and 245 lbs. He is more in the mold of what Hern is, just not as good. Ballard is 6'6" and 275-280 lbs. He has soft hands, but is slow, and still not recovered from micro fracture surgery. If the season started today, I am not sure Ballard would be ready to play physically.

It's a very good analogy. Thomas isn't a good blocker and a true H Back, but each has good hands.  It's rare to see TEs who do both well. Ballard does and his balanced skill set is superior to that of Dave Thomas.

You're a liar. Ballard is out there looking great and drawing praise from Brady and the coaches.

When will you stop this trolling and lying thing you do?  Everything you say about the Pats injury situations or anything has this autmatic negative tone to it and/or is a complete and total lie.

Ballard is slow and lumbering, Thomas relies on his getting into the seams downfield.

I have in the past 5 days worked with 2 people that attended each media session OTA. I have spoken on the phone with another person who also attended each. Ballard is in full participation, but is being monitored and is not moving at 100% yet. This was verified by 3 people who attended and one of the people was an ex Pats TE. I believe this information will also be in Reiss Sunday notes tomorrow. 

Prather than call me a liar, why don't you try to understand that you have no clue on this topic, and you are wrong. That's not to say come July Ballard is not up to speed. But as of today, he is not yet100% and is not moving at 100%. 

Why don't you have the Hallowed Hoodie ask Reiss in his comments section about this? 

This was the part where he had poor reading comprehension and thought I was comparing Dave Thomas and Ballard's skill sets, when I was talking about having a solid blocker and pass receiver as a 2nd TE in here.

Hernandez was not a good blocker, nor is Sudfeld for that matter.

As for me calling him a liar, he made it seem like Ballard wasn't even practicing or getting reps, which was clearly a lie.

Nice trolling, though, Prolate.   

WHy don't you post the part where RKRap tells us he doesn't know how Tommy Kelly will hold up and how doomy and gloomy that looked.

LMAO

Why won't you post that?

And, if I need to, I'll be happy to go track down the early reports on Ballard and Brady being giddy early in camp with his adjusting to the offense, too.

Again, good for us BB is so good at what he does, he ups the competition at so many spots because he is willing to be creative with how he uses IR, the PS, waiver wire moves, etc.

In fact, he's the best I've ever seen as a GM with it, including his cultivating of UDFAs.

Ballard gets beat out by an UDFA named Zach Sudfled. Works for me!

[/QUOTE]

Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

geez guys

i haven't been here as long as you, Obviously bad blood for a long time

And it probably is unsolvable

I just wish you all would take your guns off for a little bit

Sometimes it's really funny.

I always like the different points  of view

And it's too bad you all hate each other

For us non combatants, I am writing here about different threads and the complaints about BB and TB

I think most people here think it starts with RK , the very best owner in sports

I think most people think BB is pretty damn good with few if any peers, He understands how to manage the Rubik's cube of the NFL, He has been from the Giants until now the greatest D coach , rex is kidding himself, 

A great Offensive coach too, it is his system that has allowed the Pats to put up record numbers. He evolves over time, And is not afraid to connect with other coaches to implement new ideas. He does get the cap. 

Most teams do not stay at the top for over a dozen years. He is aggressive and fearless in games. He has consistently obtained talent

I think most people are elated with TB. there are only 3 Qbs in the discussion for best all time. TB, PM, Montana.  And to me it's only 2 TB, Montana . and TB is our guy

All that is the easy stuff to say. the tough stuff is over the last few years.

RK  

Without him The NFL may have had a car wreck during the labor contract and the Only thing I see you can fault him for is AHs contract without a morals clause  And that is it

BB 

Spygate. He was the captain. It happened, just listen to RK. We lost a no 1 pick. I am sick  of listening to the patriot haters about this And to what advantage?

And on obtaining talent he takes chances on FAs . And may effect the salary cap. Sometimes it is frustrating as he takes players he could have gotten later In the draft, but these 2 things are really minor in the scope of the entirety.

TB

tB has put up remarkable numbers in the reg season. but has stumbled at times in the SBs and PLayoffs. But to blame him and him alone is not fair at all.

As BB says after a loss. players have to play better and coaches have to coach better. 

1 it's hard to say that TB runs the Offense by himself, and runs the Offense his way to the detriment of the team. That is saying the greatest coach of all time has no say in game planning or game personnel. Cannot  be both. 

And BB also says he wouldn't want any other QB.

2. TB hasn't had good games. sometimes it is his fault. the int at the end of the Denver game or the INt in the Jessts game. but to expect him to have regular seaon stats in PO games is not realistic. 

SB 42 was a war, the Oline was flat, theGiants had a great D game plan . eli wasn't the MVP the Dline was. Great players are measured in the clutch. TB despite getting the sxxx kicked out of him drove the team for a go ahead TD, it wasn't TB who dropped the Int and he wasn't on the field for the helmet catch.

SB  46 was more of the same. oline and receivers not getting open led to more ineffective eas . tB did have a No moments. But gronk, his best weapon was a shell of himself. You cannot take away a gunslingers top gun and expect the best. and  again he led a late Go ahead drive. TB wasnt on the field when Eli made a great throw. He wasnt on  the field when the Db lined up wrong for that plaY or the ensuing TD

AFC PO losses  , 1st remember there were wins. And it's not fair to dismiss them cause the teams they beat sucked, There was a game TB himself said he sucked. There games he made mistakes that weren't overcome. yes the O didn't score a lot of points. At the same time if the O doesn't get the ball as much cause the D doesn't get off the field, well a team wins together and a team loses together

3. comparisons to Montana. TB and Joe are my all time favorite players. But Joes stats weren't always great. he also got the sxxx kicked out of him, He also lost games coz of other teammates, he also had the greatest coach of his time. Joe was 8-4 in NFC champ games. he had an early SB and didn't have more for awhile, but to say Joe lost cause his team was not as evolved and TBs losses were all TBs fault isn't fair

But if the Pats had won 42, or  46 TB would have been alone over his child hero. And  he wasn't on the field for the losing late plays. We wouldn't be killing anyone

4. TB vs, Bird, Russell, Williams, Orr. can't believe the  unfavorable comparisons. Bird was Bird, he had HoFs on his Team . And Bradyhow many? Russell there were only a hanful of teams for awhile and how many HOFers?. Orr? He stands by himself as an offensive defensive force, but didn't he score at maybe the cost of team D? and how many rings did the big bad bruins get? and Ted, didn't he hit 200 in his only WS? 

And TB is castigated for being selfish for passing all the  time? and he picks the players on the team? isn't BB in charge? true TB fell in love with a few recovers but how many guns did he have?

Btw I am not knocking any of these guys.Bird was my fave BB player and Orr , well Gretzky couldn't shine his skates. true  

Btw I am not from Boston

Well I didn't mean to get into this, but once I started...

I am not trying to gore anyone's ox. but there is a context for everything. all these guys are my sports heroes. they are my escape from a nasty world. it's okay to disagree, I want to hear from everyone, except those who are rude and trying to start a fight.  It's A Ok to be wrong or change your opinion.

For the rusty and the antrusty groups,  I find you all to have very interesting things to say. 

if you see the team live, I cannot. Please tell  me what you see. Even if it isn't revolutionary, It's all good stuff. if you think someone messed up, say it and say why. expect to have disagreements.

there are times I agree with the anti rusty group, Times I agree with Rusty. and to be fair Neither side has been rude to me.  Rusty does get it a lot,, he really has been affable enough to me

No matter what happens , I root for BB ! I root for TB, I root for the 53rdplayer. most of us others do too  We understand that these guys aren't perfect and  that we do not get to have rings every year. it's just a  fun journey

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

seawolfsx, I didn't quote your post simply because I try to avoid taking up that much space when what I have to say is generally brief and to the point (or at least I try to be).  You may be surprised at the number of posters on this board who are in essential agreement with your views.  Speaking for myself I have difficulty finding fault with anything you've posted.  Pretty fair summary in my estimation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

• rkarp

This was the part where he had poor reading comprehension and thought I was comparing Dave Thomas and Ballard's skill sets, when I was talking about having a solid blocker and pass receiver as a 2nd TE in here.

As for me calling him a liar, he made it seem like Ballard wasn't even practicing or getting reps, which was clearly a lie.

WHy don't you post the part where RKRap tells us he doesn't know how Tommy Kelly will hold up and how doomy and gloomy that looked.

LMAO

Why won't you post that?

And, if I need to, I'll be happy to go track down the early reports on Ballard and Brady being giddy early in camp with his adjusting to the offense, too.

Again, good for us BB is so good at what he does, he ups the competition at so many spots because he is willing to be creative with how he uses IR, the PS, waiver wire moves, etc.

In fact, he's the best I've ever seen as a GM with it, including his cultivating of UDFAs.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will......Dude, what happened to you? I have really bludgeoned you pretty badly, huh? Go back to your Jets board....

This is what I posted about TKelly on July 28;

1. Observations from camp

posted at 7/28/2013 2:56 PM EDT

• rkarp

3rd day at camp and I spent most of the time watching he line men as today was the first day in pads. Thoughts;

-Cannon is getting starters reps. He looks 1000% better than last years camp, where I thought he was the worst linemen in camp last year. Did not see much of Connolly? Not sure if his shoulder is ready. 

-Svitek is very big, with good footwork. He lined up at LT today and looked better IMO than Solder. Not saying he is better, but today he looked comfortable and did well, Solder did not

-Kelly is really big, and since I hadn't seen a lot of him prior, I was dubious given his age. There is no doubt he is head and shoulders above Lovie and Deadrick. Definite upgrade, only question is how much. He looked very good today, strong, quick, experienced, had all the tricks. After 1 day in pads in July, call me crazy, but it would not surprise me if he is pro bowl material playing next to Vince

-I am in the minority, but I am not impressed with Wendell. He is undersized, and I simply feel the Pats can't run behind an undersized C

-I am in the minority, but I continue to be very impressed with Cunningham. I was last year as well. He looked very good today, very fast

-I am in the minority, but I simply do not see it with Bequette. Count me surprised if he makes the team

-I think Fortson makes the team and contributes. 

-I didn't see the skill players much today, but heard Ridley fumbled. I assume BB drops him down in practice and we see more Vareen and Bolden for a stretch. Even though it is July, BB sets the tone every day, mistakes are not tolerated. 

-I read yesterday here at BDC someone said TB is the least of our worries. I agree, and Mankins is the second least of my worries. He looks healthy and is the true leader on the OL. He is the offensive Vince.

-This early in camp is simply getting acclimated, getting your body reacquainted with hitting and reacquainted with the guys beside you. Next 2-3 weeks will tell what is what with the lineman. Pass protection wise,  this OL already looks crisp. If the goal is to get incrementally better each day, by the season opener, this OL could be in mid season form. Unquestionably the strength of the team, and one of the reasons TB is so good. I think in run scheme, Cannon is an upgrade over Connolly, even when healthy, and Connolly is an upgrade over Wendell. Nice problem to have though. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• rkarp

LMAO

Why won't you post that?

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will......Dude, what happened to you? I have really bludgeoned you pretty badly, huh? Go back to your Jets board....

This is what I posted about TKelly on July 28;

1. Observations from camp

posted at 7/28/2013 2:56 PM EDT

• rkarp

3rd day at camp and I spent most of the time watching he line men as today was the first day in pads. Thoughts;

-Cannon is getting starters reps. He looks 1000% better than last years camp, where I thought he was the worst linemen in camp last year. Did not see much of Connolly? Not sure if his shoulder is ready. 

-Svitek is very big, with good footwork. He lined up at LT today and looked better IMO than Solder. Not saying he is better, but today he looked comfortable and did well, Solder did not

-Kelly is really big, and since I hadn't seen a lot of him prior, I was dubious given his age. There is no doubt he is head and shoulders above Lovie and Deadrick. Definite upgrade, only question is how much. He looked very good today, strong, quick, experienced, had all the tricks. After 1 day in pads in July, call me crazy, but it would not surprise me if he is pro bowl material playing next to Vince

-I am in the minority, but I am not impressed with Wendell. He is undersized, and I simply feel the Pats can't run behind an undersized C

-I am in the minority, but I continue to be very impressed with Cunningham. I was last year as well. He looked very good today, very fast

-I am in the minority, but I simply do not see it with Bequette. Count me surprised if he makes the team

-I think Fortson makes the team and contributes. 

-I didn't see the skill players much today, but heard Ridley fumbled. I assume BB drops him down in practice and we see more Vareen and Bolden for a stretch. Even though it is July, BB sets the tone every day, mistakes are not tolerated. 

-I read yesterday here at BDC someone said TB is the least of our worries. I agree, and Mankins is the second least of my worries. He looks healthy and is the true leader on the OL. He is the offensive Vince.

-This early in camp is simply getting acclimated, getting your body reacquainted with hitting and reacquainted with the guys beside you. Next 2-3 weeks will tell what is what with the lineman. Pass protection wise,  this OL already looks crisp. If the goal is to get incrementally better each day, by the season opener, this OL could be in mid season form. Unquestionably the strength of the team, and one of the reasons TB is so good. I think in run scheme, Cannon is an upgrade over Connolly, even when healthy, and Connolly is an upgrade over Wendell. Nice problem to have though. 

[/QUOTE]great post on observations

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well Rkarp kudos to you going out on a ledge to actually predict something at all, then repost it to compare the reality. I've said for a long time edleman won't make it. I also said I Ras ( highlite I and R) wouldn't make it either. 

I kind of believe if you didn't dredge up the thread someone else would have. Pro action sometimes makes a lot of sense. There's 4 camps in here. Brady's fault, the D's fault, sticky threads and don't sticky threads. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?