Have not heard a single talking head!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!!

In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!!:
    [QUOTE]     Here you go: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828b2d14/article/2012-nfl-draft-winners-losers-from-second-and-third-rounds
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Basically you're saying this guy knows more about football players than Bill. I'll stick with Bill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Instead of complaining about value or calling Belichick an imbecile, I'm going to root for the kid.

Here's a feel good story about Tavon Wilson by none other than Ron Borges,

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20220428motivation_in_his_grief/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : Woooooooooooooo... hold on there guy.. I ain't trying to make you feel better about anything... point is BB drafts who he wants, and not by what other people believe.  I'll have to side with BB on his picks.  If you need encouragement just watch the upcoming season.... 14-2, 15-1????
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Focus. The team that won the SB went 9-7.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : oh sorry, I forgot depth is completely useless in the NFL. I say let the toughest safety win the job, maybe Bill is trying to find his next Harrison. I liked it when I saw he picked another safety, relying on Chung or whatever CB that needs to take his place when injured just doesn't make me feel that good. Call me crazy I guess
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

When you're "depth" for the 31st ranked defense - you pretty much suck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : Focus. The team that won the SB went 9-7.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Come on. The Giants were racked with injuries for the middle of the season. They got healthy just in time for the playoffs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : When you're "depth" for the 31st ranked defense - you pretty much suck.

15th. Games are decided by points not yardage stats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : Rocky Posts: 5827 First: 6/4/2008 Last: 4/28/2012 5198da1caf43ece1fa5f5255ab58054b Bill Belichick doesn't care what draft experts think 9 By Gregg Rosenthal Around The League editor Published:   April 28, 2012 at 04:54 p.m. Updated:   April 28, 2012 at 05:20 p.m. Print The reaction from the draft analysts was unanimous. The Patriots took  who  in the second round? When the defending AFC champions drafted Illinois defensive back Tavon Wilson No. 48 overall, the draftnik community was apoplectic. He was "rated" a seventh rounder or undrafted player, said draft gurus from NFL.com to ESPN.com. Wilson  didn't even attend the combine . "Some guys play in all-star games, some guys don't," Belichick said via CSNNE.com. "I don't know who picks all those all-star teams. In all honesty, I don't know who picks the combine for that matter. ... How did (Patriots' right tackle Sebastian) Vollmer not get invited to the combine? I don't know. We can't really worry about that. "We just have to try to evaluate them the best we can. If they're there, they're there. If they're not, they're not. If they play in an all-star game, we look at it. If they don't, they don't." Vollmer became a second-team All-Pro in his second season. He was called a "reach" by the draftniks, too. Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a great column on the subject that essentially asked:  Do you trust  the draftniks or Belichick? The reality is that the draft community doesn't know how NFL teams think. There were a  lot  of teams that had Bruce Irvin rated in the first round. (Not just Seattle.) Seven teams worked out Wilson, so he wasn't under the radar. "He played plenty. You can see him plenty at Illinois," Belichick said. "You can see him against whoever you want to see him against: all the Big Ten schools, Arizona State, teams that throw the ball." Translation: We know more than you. It should be obvious, but he's right. UPDATE: Belichick drafted Ohio State "safety" Nate Ebner in the sixth round. Ebner isn't in any draft preview magazines because he barely played on defense last year. He was a walk on  that mostly played special teams. (Before having a great pro day.) If the NFL doesn't work out, Ebner will  pursue an international rugby career
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Using Vollmer as a comparison is not applicable. He was a "reach" because he had major back surgery, not from lack of skilz. And that reach came back to bite us just last season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : 15th. Games are decided by points not yardage stats
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Funny then, how BB just shot the whole f'n draft on a 15th ranked D. You would think he would only do something that drastic, trading up twice to boot,  if they were ranked 31st or something. Oh... wait... hmmm... apparently he thinks those yardage stats have more significance than you do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Babe what are you doing to my thread?  C;mon man... you not like this draft?  Wilson aside can you really complain?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe what are you doing to my thread?  C;mon man... you not like this draft?  Wilson aside can you really complain?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Draft looks pretty good to me. At least we addressed the area of need - D.

What am I doing to your thread?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : Draft looks pretty good to me. At least we addressed the area of need - D. What am I doing to your thread?

Subtle jabs at BB, no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have not heard a single talking head!!! : Subtle jabs at BB, no?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

No. I think he drafted pretty well. At least he addressed the glaring need. As far as the 2nd rounder, it was a big stretch. If it pans out he looks like a genius, if it doesn't he looks like an idiot. But even if it pans out some will still say he could have gotten him much later.

I'm just praying Lloyd can stretch the field a bit and this D can get a stop at the endgame (without relying on a missed chip shot FG).