HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...

Hate it. This guy took off a player's helmet and stomped on his face with his cleats. This guy shouldn't even be playing in the NFL anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

We might have the best D-Line in all of football now...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Lots of good points in this thread.  For what it cost NE, this is a gamble worth taking.  At the very least, Haynesworth is a guy who needs to be accounted for at all times by the opposing team.  If they play him at DE, good luck to the TE or OT that has to play him without help. 

Not saying it's a sure thing he's got his marbles together, but if he does, there is no doubt that this is a steal.  Let's hope AH has enough pride to show up and get with the program. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : They don't get it.  This SKins fan thinks that environment/mess is NE's environment. I always say, get value and put the onus on these kinds of low risk/high reward types. All Wash had to do was move him to DE! Idiots!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It probably isn't even a Redskins fan. Dogg or the Jets trolls...I just don't see a Redskins fan coming here and creating an account to post that lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Hate it. This guy took off a player's helmet and stomped on his face with his cleats. This guy shouldn't even be playing in the NFL anymore.
    Posted by DarkFenX89[/QUOTE]

But don't you see that only matters to Pats fans when its players on other teams not their own. 

He will help us win so no matter what his past behavior was he is forgiven.  Ths is of course until he does something like that here and everyone on this board will do a complete 180 and tell you they never liked the deal in the first place.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Low Risk - High Reward

Potentally the fix to the biggest concern on these blogs

Add one of the LB's you guys have been talking about

Get Bodden Back

Young D could really get mean

Biggest Problem?
    Here in Jet land they think they are getting the NA
    So how do we attack them?we didn't ahve an answer
    in the Playoffs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't see how any Pats fan can't love this move. This just wiped out all the bad stuff that's happened over the last 2-3 months in the NFL for me.

1)We gave up next to nothing for him

2) 5 million this year is a steal

3) If he turns into a head case he's gone with no financial repercussions

4) He's the most dominant interior lineman (IMO) in the league when his head is screwed on straight.

5) This guys presence makes Spikes and Mayo's Jobs much easier.
    I can't wait to see their numbers by Mid season.

Another No Brainer by BB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Sucks that BB isn't talking about Fat Albert in the press conference.

Love this trade though, we might have the best interior Dline in the league if Albert is tuned in. Big Vince and Fat Albert? Love it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with what alot have posted already here about this trade.  Low risk, possibly med-high reward. 

IF this guy is a Loser like he was everywhere else - the Pats cut him anyways and it only costs a 5th rder, who cares. 

My prediction: I don't think he Lasts Training Camp and I'm sure he has a Run-in with Coach BB and the cut him.  We'll see though, just my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

It's an interesting pick.  If anyone can pull it off, NE can, but that's no guarantee. 

Some important things to note.  Haynesworth really wasn't "all that" until he was playing for a contract.  His first 5 years in Tenn were nothing spectacular, and his last 2 years in Washington were bad. 

Don't forget that Haynesworth faces a sexual misconduct charge currently and is due more than 5 million this year with another 1 million in workout bonus.  Not chump change. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Low risk, high reward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtrain1. Show dtrain1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : Well then let me say thank you for paying all his bonuses upfront so we only have to worry about his base. If he acts up or is lazy we can dump him and not have any impact on the cap at all. Thank you again
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Don't thank me - thank Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato. And thanks for the pick - it's way more than this turd is worth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

[QUOTE]Sucks that BB isn't talking about Fat Albert in the press conference. Love this trade though, we might have the best interior Dline in the league if Albert is tuned in. Big Vince and Fat Albert? Love it.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]
    BB isn't addressing the Haynesworth trade this morning!  Brilliant.  Absolutely f-ing brilliant.  THAT totally reassures me that this thing may just work out.  Bill is brilliant.  Yah, up here in NE things work differently.  Big splash trade, but it's not the focus.  OMG.  Brilliant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hate it. This guy took off a player's helmet and stomped on his face with his cleats. This guy shouldn't even be playing in the NFL anymore

Merriweather too.

I'm not a fan of the face rake. On the other hand we got a guy that fought and tortured dogs that didnt fight, went to prison, got an award for coming back *when he played some mediocre games the year before*, and he's idolized by the NFL now. Point is they forget when your winning.

The Skins fan has a right to be bitter. Hanesworth screw'd em pretty bad. He can be even bitterer if he thought that the price is a 2013 pick. Figure that BB will trade a 7th rounder this year for that 5th rounder in 2013. Hanesworth is pretty much free to us.

With 5 first rounders on the D-line I wonder if BB is going to a 5-2.  lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chopin224. Show chopin224's posts

Good luck with him. As a Redskin fan , which is hard with Napoleon as the owner, it was addition by subtraction for the Skins. Even if he becomes the best D lineman in the league, the Skins had to let this cancer go. If he is not convicted in his assault case, he could make the Pats D line very good. But as a former opponent said of Fat Albert when he signed with the Skins, "He will play a couple of plays, then take himself out, then come back in, fake and injury, recover and go back for  a couple of plays, then out again". This is exaclty what he did the whole time here including before they went to a 3-4.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Pats are not the Redskins.

Good move. The guy needed saving from where he was and who he is. If this doesn't work nothing will. Low risk for possibly high gain. BB is a good trader.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maplewood59. Show maplewood59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : the difference is we didnt pay him 100 million and we can cut our losses should your opinion become reality in a heartbeat
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

AND the bigger difference (to me..and I think to AH as well)...he won't be playing in Washington !!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAYNESWORTH traded to NEW ENGLAND... : BB isn't addressing the Haynesworth trade this morning!  Brilliant.  Absolutely f-ing brilliant.  THAT totally reassures me that this thing may just work out.  Bill is brilliant.  Yah, up here in NE things work differently.  Big splash trade, but it's not the focus.  OMG.  Brilliant.
    Posted by BelichickforPresident[/QUOTE]

Truth. BB always addresses everything with the media and usually keeps them in the loop on everything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtrain1. Show dtrain1's posts

Hmm. Something is screwy here - I can't find the reply button anywhere, so I'll just sum up some things:

1) I'm more than happy to come back and admit I was wrong if that happens to be the case at the end of the year; I don't think it's going to happen because AH will either dog it and get cut, get thrown in the slammer, or do just enough to get by. But I'll own up to it if this does turn out to be another genius BB move.

2) I'm a Skins fan. I've been living in Somerville for 22 years, but I spent 1968-1974 living outside DC watching George Allen's Skins. I've been registered on boston.com for a while but never felt an urge to discuss the Pats here until today. BTW if you want to have more interesting discussions, come to extremesknis.com - all fans are welcome, and it's the largest and best fan board in the NFL (and no I don't work for the Skins). So, no troll.

3) You're right that Snyder is a disaster. The best thing that's happened to the Skins since he's been owner is Bruce Allen and Shanny coming on board. You'll see this offseason that Snyder's Madden strategy of buying every over the hill FA on the market is a thing of the past.

Good luck with Dough Boy, and enjoy your team's dominance - it's good to have those memories because one of these days the heyday will end (it did for the Skins, it will for you). Hail. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bulldogbill. Show bulldogbill's posts

Bill Belicheck has a way with problem players. He always gets them to perform

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i Love this move BB has a great  track record on recclamation projects besides haynesworts is coming to a winning team,    maybe a change of  location will do him good

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]     To All:      Isn't it great to be talking football again...instead of weighing court decisions, and listening to the likes of DeMaurice Smith, and "Jets" Goodell??
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Ayuh!!!  I'm in synch with that.