Haynesworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Haynesworth

I wanted no part of Haynesworth, glad they got him, dont want him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Anybody would take Haynesworth.  Only the Skins would pay him that type of money.  Time and again, they throw good money after bad.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I can't wait to see the extension McNabb gets.

Haynesworth is a good player, but that contract is onerous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Haynesworth:
     ESPN reports that the Redskins offered big AL for McNabb. The funny part is that Dan Snyder will make this same mistake again, somewhere down the road. These record breaking contracts kill a TEAM. For all of you Patriot fans that complain about how our front office does things; take notice. Even if the player pans out, it takes the whole team to win games.
    Posted by jerh5

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

A good argument can be made that NO big name FA who signs a mega deal is worth it.  I'm against the Pats ever making such a deal.  I'm glad we didn't pursue Peppers too.  I mean really, what is the success rate of big name FA's who end up being difference makers?  10%? 5%?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Agreed caraway.  Many people think it's like fantasy football though.  Get guys with the best stats and your team will automatically get better.  As you pointed out, it hardly ever works out that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Haynesworth:
    [QUOTE]Agreed caraway.  Many people think it's like fantasy football though.  Get guys with the best stats and your team will automatically get better.  As you pointed out, it hardly ever works out that way.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

There is even one owner who thinks that way; Daniel Snyder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucky13calistyle. Show lucky13calistyle's posts

I can only think of three big time free agents who made an impact big enough to warrant their record setting deals...

1. Reggie White to the Packers

2. Deion Sanders (twice) to the 49ers and then to the Cowboys

3. Drew Brees to the Saints