Head coach firing watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Head coach firing watch

Looks like detroits coach Schwartz just increased the heat on his seat. Too much talent and too poor a record to keep him.  When does the bombs start dropping?   I think in the next 2 weeks the college coaches will start getting offers. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Head coach firing watch

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like detroits coach Schwartz just increased the heat on his seat. Too much talent and too poor a record to keep him.  When does the bombs start dropping?   I think in the next 2 weeks the college coaches will start getting offers. 

[/QUOTE]

Personally I think the college coach route is usually a mistake. NFL assistants are usually better. The best college coach out there (Saban) was an NFL dud. The diferance between pro to college football is not as big as the diferance between pro and college basketball but as the spread offense continues to become the go to offense in college the gap should get wider. There are always exceptions to the rule but that's how I see it. That being said Detroit will probably never win with Stafford just chucking it. Without Calvin Johnson bailing him out continually they would have run him out of town by now. Schwartz has a very undisciplined team on both sides of the ball and if he does not make the playoffs this year I do not see how the Lions can keep him, but then again it is the Lions we are talking about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Kubiak

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

mcdaniels

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

pats RB coach

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kubiak

[/QUOTE]

That's a good choice as well. What a disappointment.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pats RB coach

[/QUOTE]

lol!  Maybe!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Most of the teams will play out the string, then get out the axes on black Monday the day after the regular season ends. The list of coaches that might be looking for work on the following Tuesday always includes some pretty good coordinators.

One name that won't be on that list is Belicheck's...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Nothing going to happen in Detroit. Anyone can still win that division. I agree with Kubiak though. I am just not sure why more team's can't learn the Patriots Way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'm not a Schwartz guy but the talent is all in their high first round draft picks over the years.  After that not much.  The talent evaluators should be on the hot seat but that doesn't happen often.  The coach is always the first to be shown the door.

Coughlin might be done.  The NYG front office and/or owner never had much appreciation for him.  I can see this being Ryan's last year as well.  We have the meltdown in Tampa too.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not a Schwartz guy but the talent is all in their high first round draft picks over the years.  After that not much.  The talent evaluators should be on the hot seat but that doesn't happen often.  The coach is always the first to be shown the door.

Coughlin might be done.  The NYG front office and/or owner never had much appreciation for him.  I can see this being Ryan's last year as well.  We have the meltdown in Tampa too.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think Coughlin time finally may be up.  If they lose to the Deadskins next week, fur sure!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Fat Rex after the Jests finish 5-11