Heath Evans And Darren Sharper Heated Argument

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Heath Evans And Darren Sharper Heated Argument

That was awesome.  Thanks for posting. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sharper was definately trying to imply that BB was choosing TT over other qualified Black atheletes. Heath had a great response to Sharpers list of other potential QB's : Heath says I would be playing QB before any of the guys on your list ! Classic!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hubris is the devil's favorite sin and BB has a lot of it.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Sharper was definately trying to imply that BB was choosing TT over other qualified Black atheletes. Heath had a great response to Sharpers list of other potential QB's : Heath says I would be playing QB before any of the guys on your list ! Classic!!!!

C'mon he mentioned Matt Leinart... it had nothing to do with race.  And I would have preferred Leinart, Vince Young or Jemarcus Russell as a reclaimation project over Tebow, Sharper is correct  because Tebow won't make this team. 

BB signed Tebow because some idiot reporter put words in his mouth that he "hated Tebow as a player" and now he's doing something positive for Tebow and Urban Meyer who probably called in a favor.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

????????????????????????????????????????

Tyler Thigpen and Matt Leinart aren't Black athletes dude. 

This is a big time stretch ... there wasn't a whiff of race baiting on that. 

All the guy said that was even close was that Tebow is not fast enough to be like Mike Vick who is a guy who could make up for the fact that he wasn't the best pure passer. I've said this dozens of times.

Really, Sharper won this argument running away. 

Heath Evans: "Tebow is a winner."

Sharper: "People are going to "win" just because Tebow is on the roster?"

His argument is solid. 

Tebow couldn't beat out the worst QB in the NFL or McElroy a rookie. 

Tebow has the worst passing stats in the NFL.

And his running stats don't merit using him as a running QB. 

No race baiting at all.... that's just silly. It was just Sharper handing Evans his butt. I would have said exactly the same thing.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

C'mon he mentioned Matt Leinart... it had nothing to do with race.  And I would have preferred Leinart, Vince Young or Jemarcus Russell as a reclaimation project over Tebow, Sharper is correct  because Tebow won't make this team. 

BB signed Tebow because some idiot reporter put words in his mouth that he "hated Tebow as a player" and now he's doing something positive for Tebow and Urban Meyer who probably called in a favor.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto x1000. 

Silver, who basically just makes stories about New England up, really put his foot in his mouth on this one. 

I posted that he no clue what he was talking about when he laid that quote out. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHAT?

You would rather have 3 guys who are almost directly opposite of the "patriot way" in terms of high character and team 1st attitude then Tebow? Much like the Flutie signing, and the Damon Huard signing, and the Vinny Testaverde signing. BB likes QB's who are great locker room guys and have a win 1st attitude. We all hope none of these 3rd string QB's hit the field on game day, so what's wrong with having a guy who fits what BB has always coveted?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

????????????????????????????????????????

Tyler Thigpen and Matt Leinart aren't Black athletes dude. 

This is a big time stretch ... there wasn't a whiff of race baiting on that. 

All the guy said that was even close was that Tebow is not fast enough to be like Mike Vick who is a guy who could make up for the fact that he wasn't the best pure passer. I've said this dozens of times.

Really, Sharper won this argument running away. 

Heath Evans: "Tebow is a winner."

Sharper: "People are going to "win" just because Tebow is on the roster?"

His argument is solid. 

Tebow couldn't beat out the worst QB in the NFL or McElroy a rookie. 

Tebow has the worst passing stats in the NFL.

And his running stats don't merit using him as a running QB. 

No race baiting at all.... that's just silly. It was just Sharper handing Evans his butt. I would have said exactly the same thing.  

I usually agree with you but this time I don't. Heath won that argument handing Sharper his butt. If you go back and look at the only stats that matter Tebow has actually proven that teams win when he is on the field as the starting QB in the only chance he ever got in Denver.  All Tebow did was win games, even playoff games.

I really don't care what the QB of the team I root for looks like when he is throwing or the superfluous stats that he racks up. As long as he is helping to win games in the regular season and in the playoffs, he is doing his job at a very high level.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Idk if anyone else has seen the interview yet? It gets pretty heated, im surprised nothing happened. Credit to TFB12 for pointing it out. I had to look and i definitely wasnt disappointed to watch it. Sorry for starting another thread about Tebow but this one was pretty entertaining.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000210678/Can-Bill-Belichick-resurrect-Tim-Tebow-s-career

Great job APpats for finding that and posting it here.  After I watched it last night on NFL Network I had to rewind it and watch it a couple more times. I like watching Heath on there and this wasn't the first time he has got a bit hot on during discussions on there, lol!

Well done APpats, keep up the great contributions.  You are for sure one of the fun posters here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Thanks man! I appreciate that. Im glad i can contribute something to this board.

You do a bunch, I look forward to seeing and reading your posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

I expected an actual argument.  I agree with Sharper, but he then mentioned Vince Young and it came off as kind of a race baiting comment. 

In a nutshell, this is being totally overblown. There is no guaranteed money and it's nothing more than a tryout. If it looks like it isn't working with how they use him, he'll be on the first bus to Toronto to sign with the Argos.

hey russ...number 14?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Whether or not Tebow makes the team is moot. The fact that the Pats signed him means he WILL get another shot somewhere if not here. The allure of Ex- Pats still shines brightly around the NFL. The Pats cut ANYONE, they are immediately signed. They toss out the garbage, Mangini is out there digging......

At worst the Pats are Liz Taylor and Tebow is Larry Fortensky...He'll walk away with something!!!

oh nonsense...tebow is what he is and it doesn't matter who signed him-unless he actually does something (how about making the team first?) he will have the same rep he had before the pats grabbed him-sorry putting on a pat's uniform while holding a clipboard doesn't add any "allure"

maybe the bad teams grab up any pats garbage but the good teams don't

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah he threw Leinharts name in there but not until he listed three unemployed black QB's! I don't really care one way or another. Oh on your observation about whether TT makes the team or not I think I'll go with Tedy Bruschi's opinion, he says he will be on this team.