Here is ONE offseason WR decision that BB got right!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Here is ONE offseason WR decision that BB got right!

OK so our WR's are basically horrible. At least we dont have an unhappy, moody $12m per year WR that had to be walked off the field and calmed down by the GM after the game! Not that Mike Wallace was ever a consideration for us anyways.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9652386/report-mike-wallace-miami-dolphins-not-happy-usage-win

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Here is ONE offseason WR decision that BB got right!

Could they have got Anquan Boldin?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Bolden would have been the man to go after, he had 200 yards today for the Niner's, catches everything. Probably wasn't cerebral enough for BB. So they back up the Brinks truck for Danny A. I'll wager Danny's out of action for no less than 6 games this year. can he play? he's terrific, when he's on the field, kind of like Gronk. 

They have a feature back who can't stop fumbling, they have NO PASS RUSH, they have Edelman and Amendola who are both injury prone, they have no pass catching tight end, at the moment. They cut the best punter theyv'e had in years, because they had to pay him, in Zoltan. They release Ballard and Fells, the inmates are running the asylum. They will be lucky to win 9 games , maybe they will gell, but they still don't have the talent, after Old number 12 the talent drops dramatically. They have no PASS RUSH unless they give Buchannon a chance. Jones is awful, No pass rush in today's NFL is recipe for disaster.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

Unless the head coach was named Harbaugh, nope!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to aussiewill2's comment:

Bolden would have been the man to go after, he had 200 yards today for the Niner's, catches everything. Probably wasn't cerebral enough for BB. So they back up the Brinks truck for Danny A. I'll wager Danny's out of action for no less than 6 games this year. can he play? he's terrific, when he's on the field, kind of like Gronk. 

They have a feature back who can't stop fumbling, they have NO PASS RUSH, they have Edelman and Amendola who are both injury prone, they have no pass catching tight end, at the moment. They cut the best punter theyv'e had in years, because they had to pay him, in Zoltan. They release Ballard and Fells, the inmates are running the asylum. They will be lucky to win 9 games , maybe they will gell, but they still don't have the talent, after Old number 12 the talent drops dramatically. They have no PASS RUSH unless they give Buchannon a chance. Jones is awful, No pass rush in today's NFL is recipe for disaster.

A little overreaction I think. If they had the right shoes the receivers would have been pretty good, the TE would have caught the interception and maybe the pass rush would have been better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I'm not asking the Pats to pay huge dollars like the dolphins did for Wallace.  But asking for something better than undrafted free agent WR I don't think is asking for much.

But this is the same old story, terrible history drafting WR and DB's because of constant trading down.  Until the Pats get a real GM, I'll just accept it.  

I agree.  I don't want them to be the Sox, chasing the top free agent each year, but come on. 

Dr. Ouch and the Unwanteds is a bad band name, not the widereceiver corps on a top team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Unless the head coach was named Harbaugh, nope!

Or if you could have had him in a trade from Ari.... oh wait that already happened but we didn't want to extend his contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You so-called fans have to be smoking something. What game did you watch?

In 2012, when the Patriots defeated Buffalo 52-28, Brady threw for 340 yards, and wide receivers accounted for 179 of those yards, roughly half.

Yesterday, Brady threw for 288 and WRs accounted for 225, or 78% of those yards. If you don't think this collection of receivers is better than last year's group, with the potential to be about 100% better, then I don't think you have a clue.

What about the way Amendola played wasn't fantastic? He gutted out that game in obvious pain, making catches while getting hammered, and his QB did him few favors. 

Edelman was excellent, one of his best games as a pro. 

Thompkins made some mistakes, he's a ROOKIE. He's entitled. It's his first game, forgive the guy for being a little nervous. It will get better.

This is a process, nobody with anything close to reasonable expectations expected them to be flawless on opening day. Also, give the Bills a little credit. They're a veteran team for the most part, QB excepted, especially on offense. They gave it their best, the crowd was into it. The Pats generally struggle there. 

Here's the other thing, preseason isn't what it used to be. Some of these guys barely played, and they're very limited in what they can do physically by the CBA. It's going to take a while. They have some young players with great potential, but rookies will have rookie moments. A win is a win is a win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Muzz, you realize this game was against Buffalo, right?

If this had been a good team, well, I don't want to think about what the score would have been.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't care if it was against Boston College, it's in the win column. 

Do you expect perfect execution? It's going to take a while. Maybe if they don't turn it over so frequently, it's not a close game. 

Is Denver three TDs better than Baltimore? I don't think they're better at all. But stuff happens, the ball bounces funny, especially on opening day. Is Tennessee better than Pittsburgh? The vaunted Seahawks almost lost to a team that won 7 games last year, and they scored 12 lousy points. Indy struggled to beat Oakland, OAKLAND! At home, mind you. The G-Men turned it over 6 times.

I remember an opening day when the Pats lost 31-0 at Buffalo and looked a whole lot worse than they did yesterday. The football teams you saw play yesterday are not the football teams that will finish the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A win is a win and I think that's great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Muz, it's more of we take a look at it as Amendola is a great WR when he's on the field but the groin issue makes us hold our breath considering his history. Edelman is a good backup and has shown flashes of games that he looks like a legit #2 but he like Amendola is injury prone and has he ever finished a full season? Thompkins is a rook and we haven't had the best sucess with rook WRs so the question is will he learn or will Brady stop throwing to him. Considering that our only WR's on this team currently (Boyce and Dobson haven't shown up yet) have 3 huge question marks hanging over their heads it's fair to wonder if they shouldn't have brought in a more durable vet that has a better track record. I think that's what people are saying.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In 2012, when the Patriots defeated Buffalo 52-28, Brady threw for 340 yards, and wide receivers accounted for 179 of those yards, roughly half.

Yesterday, Brady threw for 288 and WRs accounted for 225, or 78% of those yards. If you don't think this collection of receivers is better than last year's group, with the potential to be about 100% better, then I don't think you have a clue.

What about the way Amendola played wasn't fantastic? He gutted out that game in obvious pain, making catches while getting hammered, and his QB did him few favors. 

Thompkins made some mistakes, he's a ROOKIE. He's entitled. It's his first game, forgive the guy for being a little nervous. It will get better.

This is a process, nobody with anything close to reasonable expectations expected them to be flawless on opening day. Also, give the Bills a little credit. They're a veteran team for the most part, QB excepted, especially on offense. They gave it their best, the crowd was into it. The Pats generally struggle there. 

Here's the other thing, preseason isn't what it used to be. Some of these guys barely played, and they're very limited in what they can do physically by the CBA. It's going to take a while. They have some young players with great potential, but rookies will have rookie moments. A win is a win is a win.

^^ This...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Muz, it's more of we take a look at it as Amendola is a great WR when he's on the field but the groin issue makes us hold our breath considering his history. Edelman is a good backup and has shown flashes of games that he looks like a legit #2 but he like Amendola is injury prone and has he ever finished a full season? Thompkins is a rook and we haven't had the best sucess with rook WRs so the question is will he learn or will Brady stop throwing to him. Considering that our only WR's on this team currently (Boyce and Dobson haven't shown up yet) have 3 huge question marks hanging over their heads it's fair to wonder if they shouldn't have brought in a more durable vet that has a better track record. I think that's what people are saying.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

I guess I don't know why we're fixated on what Amendola did in St. Louis. He's here now, and he played great. If you want to wait around for him to get hurt, OK. I don't expect him to get hurt and miss games, but it's a risk with everyone. Welker had the good fortune of getting hurt in week 16, so he's looked at as durable.

I'll say again, this WR crew is better RIGHT NOW, than the guys they put out there last year. And by the end of the year, will be a lot better than they are now.

But anyway, which FA WR would you have brought in? Wallace at $30 mil guaranteed? He sucked and sulked yesterday. Jennings? Did I miss anything he did? Give me a name. 

And let's please stop with the Bolden talk. Baltimore is the team that should be regretting him getting away. They definitely weren't dealing him to the Patriots no matter what. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Good stuff Muzz. Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Wallace was up on the board draft day, but I believe that Brandon Tate was selected instead. I guess he wasn't a consideration even then, but today, if affordable, would be the Pats' deep threat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

While I am thankful Edleman was able to score  twice yesterday and yes, his best game as a pro... he was not great.  As much as I wish we could agree that he was, he just wasn't.  He had a few drops, a TD drop that any other real WR would have made.  And I don't say real as disrespect but it's true, Edelman is not a real receiver.  He is a mediocre QB turned WR.  He still can not make adjustments real WR can make.  He does not trust his hands enough as he still catches too many passes in the body.  

And just a few days ago I was praising Thompkins, saying he looks to be the best WR on the team.  Then I got to thinking, wait!  He will be facing the best of the best. This is the NF:, this isn't college anymore.  Well the game was too much for him yesterday.  He looked like an UFA yesterday playing his first game in the NFL.

These things do not bode well with the Falcons, Bengals, Saints on the near horizon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Wallace was up on the board draft day, but I believe that Brandon Tate was selected instead. I guess he wasn't a consideration even then, but today, if affordable, would be the Pats' deep threat.

I prefer to deal in the here and now, not the what-ifs and never-weres. I leave that to the handwringers. There are plenty of them around here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I am 100% in agreement with Muz.

Most people here NOW seem to have an anti-BB-as-GM agenda and try to twist everything towards that. Has he made mistakes? YES - but please name me one GM that has not made any mistake - ONE.

Was yesterday's game frustrating to watch for the middle 2 quarters - ABSOLUTELY! However, they did win and against a divisional opponent that has been drafting in the early parts of each round for a long time :-(

It is a new team every year and they need to jell. I am optimistic for the rest of the season.

Go Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Edelman and Danny gave as much as Welker and Lloyd did in a lot of games last year.  The problem is we got nothing from the TE position.  For all the handwringing over the WR position the real problem imo was that Gronk and Hernandez were 2 of our 3 best receivers last season and we didn't have anyone to fill in for either last game.  Gronk should be back soon although a rook is going to have to step up since Hernandez obviously isn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I guess I don't know why we're fixated on what Amendola did in St. Louis. He's here now, and he played great. If you want to wait around for him to get hurt, OK. I don't expect him to get hurt and miss games, but it's a risk with everyone. Welker had the good fortune of getting hurt in week 16, so he's looked at as durable.

I'll say again, this WR crew is better RIGHT NOW, than the guys they put out there last year. And by the end of the year, will be a lot better than they are now.

But anyway, which FA WR would you have brought in? Wallace at $30 mil guaranteed? He sucked and sulked yesterday. Jennings? Did I miss anything he did? Give me a name. 

And let's please stop with the Bolden talk. Baltimore is the team that should be regretting him getting away. They definitely weren't dealing him to the Patriots no matter what. 

There's a saying, "hope for the best plan for the worst". I've lived my life around it and I can't tell you how many bad situations this has gotten me out of where others have suffered. If you don't learn from the past you are bound to repeat it and everything points to both Amendola and Edelman not making it through a full season. Injures happen and can happen to anyone but some players are more injury prone than others (See Ellsbury for example) and if you are counting on them not getting injured you better have a good backup plan. If it's one thing I've learned in my life is those that don't have the right planning and live solely in the moment and bound to fall hard in the end.

With Boldin, did you forget we had a trade with him from Ari and it feel apart because BB didn't want to extend him. Considering the weakness in the WR depth the last couple years you don't think he would have made a difference last year (where he killed us) or the year before?

As for names, I listed names I wanted for DT, SS, and CB in a previous thread but here are the WR's I wanted (and no Wallace wasn't one of them):

Sanders I thought would have been a good #2/3 pick up

DHB as a low cost #3 vet would have been nice

How about bringing back Welker would it be bad to have both Welker and Amendola on the same team?

Kevin Walter is a solid low cost vet who is durable as a #3

None of them broke the bank and would add solid depth and good production as #3 guys (Welker being more of a #1/2 along with Amendola)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Could it be BB is following directives from Kraft ?
    Like many here are saying I don't want them to break the bank, like the Dophins did,  just use some of that money left on the table to bring in a real WR . The rookies will get it but they still need to learn , in the meantime have a vet help them out , no ? 

Anyway, it's still soon, just one game , I want to see once Dobson gets healthy how he and Thompkins will do. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I don't care if it was against Boston College, it's in the win column. 

Do you expect perfect execution? It's going to take a while. Maybe if they don't turn it over so frequently, it's not a close game. 

Is Denver three TDs better than Baltimore? I don't think they're better at all. But stuff happens, the ball bounces funny, especially on opening day. Is Tennessee better than Pittsburgh? The vaunted Seahawks almost lost to a team that won 7 games last year, and they scored 12 lousy points. Indy struggled to beat Oakland, OAKLAND! At home, mind you. The G-Men turned it over 6 times.

I remember an opening day when the Pats lost 31-0 at Buffalo and looked a whole lot worse than they did yesterday. The football teams you saw play yesterday are not the football teams that will finish the season.

Pats have a lot tougher opponents coming up and I - unlike you was not encouraged by rooks receivers non-performance.  Don't rest on TB always to make the Pats right!