Here is ONE offseason WR decision that BB got right!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Here is ONE offseason WR decision that BB got right!

I recall when free agency opened there was one poster in particular that was ranting and raving everyone the Pats were talking to and about sign (some even did sign) .  Can someone refresh my memory which of these great FA signings are on the roster ? Amendola and the re-signing of Edelman (or any resignings) aside.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Well, they signed Sanders. But Pitt decided to keep him. Not much you can do about that. I actually like Heyward-Bey as well, but most here thought that was crazy talk, he's this, he's that, he's a head case. He was halfway productive in a bad situation. So, I agree on that. 

As for Boldin, whatever trade discussions they had back in the day was so long ago. It would have been a nice move then, but as with drafting Wallace (instead of Tate), it didn't happen. I refuse to get caught up in the handwringing.

I actually like the guys they have now. Precious few rookie WRs hit the ground running. It's going to take time, we all knew that (or at least some of us did). Thompkins is going to be fine, he made correctable mistakes, the talent is still there just as it was a few weeks ago when everybody was raving about the guy.

I can't imagine the teeth gnashing that would be going on here had they lost.  But they're going to lose a few, some where they'll look worse than yesterday. It only matters how they end up, the finished product.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Well, they signed Sanders. But Pitt decided to keep him. Not much you can do about that. I actually like Heyward-Bey as well, but most here thought that was crazy talk, he's this, he's that, he's a head case. He was halfway productive in a bad situation. So, I agree on that. 

As for Bolden, whatever trade discussions they had back in the day was so long ago. It would have been a nice move then, but as with drafting Wallace (instead of Tate), it didn't happen. I refuse to get caught up in the handwringing.

I actually like the guys they have now. Precious few rookie WRs hit the ground running. It's going to take time, we all knew that (or at least some of us did). Thompkins is going to be fine, he made correctable mistakes, the talent is still there just as it was a few weeks ago when everybody was raving about the guy.

I can't imagine the teeth gnashing that would be going on here had they lost.  But they're going to lose a few, some where they'll look worse than yesterday. It only matters how they end up, the finished product.

In a couple weeks everyone that's complaining (including me) that the Pats didn't do enough improving their WR core might be eating crow (again including me) . I hope.  Like I said I want to see with a healthy Dobson in the mix also before handing out any verdict.   

just get it fixed by the time Pats play the Broncos.  That game will mean home field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Home field is nice and all, but you have to go back to 2009 (NOrl) to find a team with home field that actually won. I'd rather they are just playing their best ball in January for a change, in Foxboro or wherever, wild card or number one seed. Doesn't matter to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As for Boldin, whatever trade discussions they had back in the day was so long ago. It would have been a nice move then, but as with drafting Wallace (instead of Tate), it didn't happen. I refuse to get caught up in the handwringing.

That's the thing Muz, we have $13.5mil right now. We could have done something about Sanders. An extra mil or 2 he'd be here and wouldn't have hurt our cap in the least. Bey went for about Jones went for and Walter for even less. What would it have hurt to bring them in over Jones who was another injury prone type of player. That's what I'm saying, they had other options which wouldn't have hurt the cap and chose to go with lesser options. Now they might have a reason but going into camp I had no faith Jones or Jenkins was making the team. If Edelman and Amendola were your vets and together might have added up to 1.5 seasons over their last 2 years combined adding another low priced vet seemed like a wise decision. I'm just worried that relying on rooks and injury prone players is tossing your eggs into 1 basket in the back of a UPS truck going down route 1 after the snow plows got to it. Having one solid durable vet waiting in the wings I think would have gone a long way even if he only gave what Branch gave 2 years ago.

The only reason I bring up Boldin is because I think this happens with BB more often than we care to admit. Was it in the past, yep, but could Boldin have helped the last couple of years it's hard for anyone to say he couldn't have. BB obviously wanted him because he had a trade done the only thing holding it up was BB didn't want to spend a little more to get a player he wanted. I think this has happened before and it will happen again and I think it has hurt this team. Now you know me, I don't want to spend to the moon on every player under the sun but certain positions that lacked depth you have to spend a little extra to get a quality player. Imagine this team if they had Edelman, Amendola, and Boldin with a couple years with Brady right now. Sure they might not have gotten all their younger guys but I do think they still would have been forced to grab a couple. And it almost happened if not for a couple mil extra a year, something we could afford for such a critical position on the team (and no we aren't talking Wallace money)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to SilverSun's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't care if it was against Boston College, it's in the win column. 

Do you expect perfect execution? It's going to take a while. Maybe if they don't turn it over so frequently, it's not a close game. 

Is Denver three TDs better than Baltimore? I don't think they're better at all. But stuff happens, the ball bounces funny, especially on opening day. Is Tennessee better than Pittsburgh? The vaunted Seahawks almost lost to a team that won 7 games last year, and they scored 12 lousy points. Indy struggled to beat Oakland, OAKLAND! At home, mind you. The G-Men turned it over 6 times.

I remember an opening day when the Pats lost 31-0 at Buffalo and looked a whole lot worse than they did yesterday. The football teams you saw play yesterday are not the football teams that will finish the season.

Pats have a lot tougher opponents coming up and I - unlike you was not encouraged by rooks receivers non-performance.  Don't rest on TB always to make the Pats right!

[/QUOTE]

Brady threw an INT before half which was unnecessary and then he fumbled the snap on 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line.

We would have won going away if not for those two screw ups from Brady.

Don't always count on the D to bail Brady out.  

[/QUOTE]

You mean the interception that was dropped by Sud? He quickly played himself out of rotation with that play.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Mental toughness.  This team proved they had it yesterday.  That's all I gotta say.

15. This post has been removed.