Hern gets surgery....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hern gets surgery....

Well, at least we're getting the injuries out of the way early this year. 

The hits keep coming for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots' receiving corps.

Tight end Aaron Hernandez underwent shoulder surgery earlier this offseason and likely will miss OTAs and minicamp this spring, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday morning.

Predict the Pick: 
    Create your own mock draft and you could win a trip to Kickoff 2013.

Citing two sources, Rapoport said Hernandez will likely be ready by training camp. It is unclear when the injury occurred.

Last week, Hernandez said his goal for the upcoming season was to get through 16 games for the first time in his career.

The news of Hernandez's surgery, coupled with Rob Gronkowski's injury complications, makes the Patriots depth chart look a little less prolific with Daniel Fells, Jake Ballard,Brad Herman and Michael Hoomanawanui the remaining tight ends on the roster.

After the Patriots lost a chance to add wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders earlier this week, the receiving corps looks to be a concern heading into the 2013 NFL Draft.

While Gronk's injury and the lack of an outside receiving threat are issues, as long as Hernandez is back in the fold in time to knock the rust off with Brady before the season starts, the injured shoulder shouldn't be a huge concern.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Re: Hern gets surgery....

I'm surprised to hear that he had surgery and will miss OTA's and minicamp. The last I read about Hernandez was that he rented a place out in California in the offseason and was working out with Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

wow, Ballard, Gronk and Hern coming off surgeries. They s/b fine, but now we know why Fells is still on the roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Oh oh! 

Can you say, "injury prone?"

Amendola 

Gronk

Vollmer

Spikes

Ras-I

Talib

Pryor

Just being sarcastic.  My opinion is that injuries are part of this game.  Some players are lucky enough to not get seriously injured or injured often but make no mistake every player will get hurt at some point.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Get it out of the way.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this is no big deal, i bet hern will be fine

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:

I'm surprised to hear that he had surgery and will miss OTA's and minicamp. The last I read about Hernandez was that he rented a place out in California in the offseason and was working out with Brady.

The Pats' medical staff strikes again!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The Pats' medical staff strikes again!

/facepalm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Test test . I've been patseng for a bit today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Test 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Well, at least we're getting the injuries out of the way early this year. 

The hits keep coming for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots' receiving corps.

Tight end Aaron Hernandez underwent shoulder surgery earlier this offseason and likely will miss OTAs and minicamp this spring, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday morning.

Predict the Pick: 
    Create your own mock draft and you could win a trip to Kickoff 2013.

Citing two sources, Rapoport said Hernandez will likely be ready by training camp. It is unclear when the injury occurred.

Last week, Hernandez said his goal for the upcoming season was to get through 16 games for the first time in his career.

The news of Hernandez's surgery, coupled with Rob Gronkowski's injury complications, makes the Patriots depth chart look a little less prolific with Daniel Fells, Jake Ballard,Brad Herman and Michael Hoomanawanui the remaining tight ends on the roster.

After the Patriots lost a chance to add wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders earlier this week, the receiving corps looks to be a concern heading into the 2013 NFL Draft.

While Gronk's injury and the lack of an outside receiving threat are issues, as long as Hernandez is back in the fold in time to knock the rust off with Brady before the season starts, the injured shoulder shouldn't be a huge concern.

There is an 11 year old boy that was hurt in yesterday's terrorist act. His name  is very similar to Aaron Hernandez's. Out of respect for the boys age an privacy I will not post his name on this board. If any one from the Patriots reads this board, I hope that they will let Aaron know about it so maybe a visit could be arranged.

Good to hear that the Patriots Aaron will be ready for training camp.