Hernandez and our offensive line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hernandez and our offensive line

To me they were the only ones on this team that don't deserve to be bashed after this game.

Wilfork...invisible

Brady...disgraceful

Mayo...average per usual 

Welker...had drops in both games

When Talib went lame five minutes into this game I thought, how are we going to win this game now. Chandler Jones I don't think even got on the field. And you can't have your 20 million dollar quarterback playing like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Hernandez and our offensive line

I'd add Dennard to that list. He played great...I can only remember him giving up one big play and that small PI call.

I will say I'm thinking twice about WW...if we can take that money and use it on a deep threat (or S, pass rush, etc.), I might consider it...as long as we find a way to get a deep threat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I agree the o-line did a great job, WORKED  hard the whole game.  Was Suggs playing ?

Hern, did what he had to do. Maybe one brain farrt at the end of the 1st half not going out of play to stop the clock but that's debatable.

When Talib went down I tried so hard not to say they're done and then again how the F can this team have relied only on this guy.  I mean, he goes down. the D cannot cover anymore, put pressure on QB and miss tackles all over the place.  WT_f is that ??? Pat Linebackers are that slow ?

Wilfork , the Ravens just stayed away from, just took him out of this game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I'd add Dennard to that list. He played great...I can only remember him giving up one big play and that small PI call.

I will say I'm thinking twice about WW...if we can take that money and use it on a deep threat (or S, pass rush, etc.), I might consider it...as long as we find a way to get a deep threat.

The issue is that if you replace the Welker with a deep threat the entire nature of the offense will change. So much of the offense is predicated on him moving around in space and either getting open or causing confusion to help get others open...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

straight up.  tonight the ravens were better. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

The issue is that if you replace the Welker with a deep threat the entire nature of the offense will change. So much of the offense is predicated on him moving around in space and either getting open or causing confusion to help get others open...

Fair point...that's why I'm not a GM. It all depends on if BB and co. think Hernandez, Gronk, and perhaps Edelman could fill in Welker's shoes enough...while also staying healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

That, and the fact that you have to replace 60-70 3rd down conversions in your offense.

Easier said than done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I agree the o-line did a great job, WORKED  hard the whole game.  Was Suggs playing ?

Hern, did what he had to do. Maybe one brain farrt at the end of the 1st half not going out of play to stop the clock but that's debatable.

When Talib went down I tried so hard not to say they're done and then again how the F can this team have relied only on this guy.  I mean, he goes down. the D cannot cover anymore, put pressure on QB and miss tackles all over the place.  WT_f is that ??? Pat Linebackers are that slow ?

Wilfork , the Ravens just stayed away from, just took him out of this game.

Yup, as soon as Talib came up hopping on his leg I thought, we are going to win this game and then go and beat the 49ers? Not happening. I seriously wouldn't sign this guy long term...wouldn't do it. He is a known thug and he gets hurt...two things we don't need. Spend that money on someone else.

Someone mentioned Dennard as an honorable mention, I can agree with that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I didn't think Brady struggled much at all. His first INT was not his fault and his second was at the end of the game. Really can't blame Brady.

I put more blame on Welker, the defense, and lady-luck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Pats can adapt. Move Hernandez into the slot if they have to. Other than his drop Vareen and Woodhead both looked good today also. They do not have a lot of draft picks this year and they may need to get a tackle also. If Welker won't take a paycut let him go and spend on the defense!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

My question is if we don't resign Talib, how do we get help at CB? I don't see us spending big money on another CB and this team has been iffy at drafting CBs (although Dennard looks like a steal).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunker Spreckeles. Show Bunker Spreckeles's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

straight up.  tonight the ravens were better. 

Not quite, troll. Brady was awful and the refs ignored cheap shots and holding against the Ravens all game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunker Spreckeles. Show Bunker Spreckeles's posts

Denard is further proof of BB's drafting brilliance. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunker Spreckeles. Show Bunker Spreckeles's posts

My question is if we don't resign Talib, how do we get help at CB? I don't see us spending big money on another CB and this team has been iffy at drafting CBs (although Dennard looks like a steal).

McCourty could easily be moved back to CB and be a top  5 corner in the NFL.  BB will only sign Talib at the right price and he will protect himself against the chance of injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckeles' comment:

Denard is further proof of BB's drafting brilliance. 

DRAFTING BRILLIANCE -  Have you checked the 2006 to 2009 DRAFTS,  THEY ARE HORRIBLE with very few exceptions.  They are why the Team has not won a SB since 2004, plain and simple.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

IMO, the bright spots in this game were the O-line, Dennard, Hernandez, Lloyd, and i'll add our rushing attack (which we abandoned too early IMO).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I thought Ridley played well until he got popped.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I thought Ridley played well until he got popped.

Ya. Beginning in the the 2nd quarter (particularly later in the 2nd qtr), he seemed to be getting 4-6 YPC. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

McCourty could easily be moved back to CB and be a top  5 corner in the NFL.  BB will only sign Talib at the right price and he will protect himself against the chance of injury.

Top five corner?? How about he just concentrates on running away from the defenders on kickoff returns, then he can become this "top five corner".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Remember after 4 games we were all saying Jones is the real deal...ROY candidate?  What a huge disappointment the dude turned into.  He spent the remainder of the year hurt or contributing nothing.  

Mayo once again, other then whiffing on the TD run, was invisible.

Arrington and DMC don't belong on a pro team.  Gregory = joke

Talib needs to go, guy played like 2 games and was hurt for 6.  We already have one RasiPod.

Lloyd is a nothing special possession receiver who can't get separation.  Branch was done 2 years ago.  GRONK can make it through the playoffs.  

Welker needs to go.  We need someone who can actually catch balls that hit him in the hand.

time to cut Ridley and give Vereen the starting job next year.

hard to assess Brady since he has so few real targets.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Top five corner?? How about he just concentrates on running away from the defenders on kickoff returns, then he can become this "top five corner".

That's a troll imitating Rusty. Ignore him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Wilfolk gets a pass today.

Love and Jones were out with injuries.

By the way, Jones is soft and not a winner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Remember after 4 games we were all saying Jones is the real deal...ROY candidate?  What a huge disappointment the dude turned into.  He spent the remainder of the year hurt or contributing nothing.  

Mayo once again, other then whiffing on the TD run, was invisible.

Arrington and DMC don't belong on a pro team.  Gregory = joke

Talib needs to go, guy played like 2 games and was hurt for 6.  We already have one RasiPod.

Lloyd is a nothing special possession receiver who can't get separation.  Branch was done 2 years ago.  GRONK can make it through the playoffs.  

Welker needs to go.  We need someone who can actually catch balls that hit him in the hand.

time to cut Ridley and give Vereen the starting job next year.

hard to assess Brady since he has so few real targets.

Put down the crackpipe and step away from the computer!

Lloyd is a great reciever.

Welker needs to stay but for a discounted rate.

Cut Ridley? are you serious?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

That's a troll imitating Rusty. Ignore him.

Hahaha, he got me.