Hernandez had hip surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Hernandez had hip surgery

The Boston Herald reported that Aaron Hernandez had off season hip surgery. I thought his play dropped off alot towards the end of the season. Now I know why. Hope he rebounds quickly as he is still on crutches...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Hernandez had hip surgery

Yeah, he missed a few games with the hip injury, didn't he? He definitely wasn't 100% at the end of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Courant: Hip surgery for Hernandez

February, 21, 2011   By Mike Reiss

Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez underwent surgery on his right hip after the 2010 season, he told kids Sunday at a Connecticut-based football camp directed by his brother, the Hartford Courant reports. Hernandez was aided by crutches at the camp, according to the Courant.

Hernandez, a 2010 fourth-round draft choice, had missed the final two regular-season games with the hip injury. Appearing in the first 14 games of the season, he finished with 45 receptions for 563 yards and six touchdowns.

Hernandez returned for the team's playoff loss to the Jets after missing three weeks of practice, but was limited to one catch for four yards.

"You've always got to make changes," Hernandez told the Courant. "You can't be the same player two years in a row. You've got to be better every year, and there will be something that the coaches will tell me I need to work on, so I'll make sure to get it done."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Hernandez had hip surgery:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Herald reported that Aaron Hernandez had off season hip surgery. I thought his play dropped off alot towards the end of the season. Now I know why. Hope he rebounds quickly as he is still on crutches...........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm wrong, but a hip injury is very serious. One has to wonder if Hernandez will ever be 100% again. If the Patriots draft an H-back TE in the upcoming draft, you'll know why. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Rosevelt Colvins hip injury was the beginning of the end of his career.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Source: Hernandez' surgery similar to Tim Thomas'

Feb 21, 2011   By Tom E. Curran    CSNNE.com

According to a medical source, the hip surgery undergone by Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez this offseason
    was similar to the operation that Bruins goalie Tim Thomas had last summer.

Thomas' recuperation period was expected to be three to four months, and the veteran goalie not only was ready when training camp opened but he's been better than ever this season.

If Hernandez has a similar recuperation period, he
    would be ready when the Pats report for camp in July . . . if the NFL's labor dispute is settled by then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Without knowing the nature and extent of the injury and subsequent surgery it's impossible to tell whether he'll be 100% for next season.If he is back to full go he should reasonably be expected to be significantly better this upcoming season than last,and he was very good as a rookie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

I just had a total hip replacement!  No contact sports.

As said, it depends on the injury.  If it is a serious injury, it can wreck your career.

Remember "Bo" Jackson.  6'1"  --  220 lbs.  --  fastest guy I ever saw.  He was hand clocked at 4.12 seconds in the 40 yd. at the combine.  Great running back  --  over 5 yds a carry in the NFL, and once had 32 Home Runs and over 100 RBI's with the Royals.

His career was destroued in both sports because of the hip injury.

Let's hope that Hernandez had a minor problem that needed to be corrected. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OriginalPudge. Show OriginalPudge's posts

All speculation, Im sure nobody here has inside info on Aarons injury.  My gut tells me his young body will heal up just fine and us Pats fans are in for a treat next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If the report is true and it was similar to the Thomas injury I don't think we'll have anything to worry about, physically at least. My biggest concern is that Hernandez never shy'd away from getting hit. Will he be a bit hesitant to make those catches and cuts with the hip thing in the back of his mind.