Hernandez, Haynesworth, and Wright Return To Practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Hernandez, Haynesworth, and Wright Return To Practice

Great news although I'm not sure why Julian Edelman is out.  From ESPNBoston.com...

The Patriots received a boost on the injury front with tight end Aaron Hernandez (knee) and defensive linemen Albert Haynesworth (back) and Mike Wright (concussion) returning to practice for today's full-pads session.

Meanwhile, running back Danny Woodhead (ankle), receiver Julian Edelman (ankle), linebacker Jerod Mayo (knee) and offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer (back) were not spotted at the media-access portion of practice.

The return of Hernandez for Sunday's game against the Jets would be a big boost to the Patriots. He got off to a strong start this season (14 catches, 165 yards, 2 TDs) as the Patriots ran more than 80 percent of their snaps with multiple tight ends. But without Hernandez the last two weeks, they have turned to more three- and four-receiver packages.

Haynesworth and Wright would also help a defensive line that has been depleted by early-season injuries. Haynesworth has missed the last two games. In the season opener, he was credited with two tackles and also drew two holding penalties in his strongest performance as a Patriot. Haynesworth wasn't as effective in the Week 2 win over the Chargers.

Meanwhile, Wright hasn't played since sustaining a concussion in the season opener at Miami. Wright missed the final seven games of 2010 after sustaining a concussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Hernandez, Haynesworth, and Wright Return To Practice

We shall see what this means on Sunday because we are talking about "practice".  Need to see these folks perform Sunday!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This is VERY good news. Wright and hernandez immediately improve the team on both sides of the ball. Whatever with AH. show me..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is best case scenario, I hope Wright is Right though. Gonna be a long day for Shon Greene and Mr. Class LT with Fat Albert back in the middle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They're gonna need those guys if Mangold is back. If he's not then they better get pressure or it's never gonna happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Hernandez, Haynesworth, and Wright Return To Practice:
    [QUOTE]Great news although I'm not sure why Julian Edelman is out.  From ESPNBoston.com... The Patriots received a boost on the injury front with tight end Aaron Hernandez (knee) and defensive linemen Albert Haynesworth (back) and Mike Wright (concussion) returning to practice for today's full-pads session. Meanwhile, running back Danny Woodhead (ankle), receiver Julian Edelman (ankle), linebacker Jerod Mayo (knee) and offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer (back) were not spotted at the media-access portion of practice. The return of Hernandez for Sunday's game against the Jets would be a big boost to the Patriots. He got off to a strong start this season (14 catches, 165 yards, 2 TDs) as the Patriots ran more than 80 percent of their snaps with multiple tight ends. But without Hernandez the last two weeks, they have turned to more three- and four-receiver packages. Haynesworth and Wright would also help a defensive line that has been depleted by early-season injuries. Haynesworth has missed the last two games. In the season opener, he was credited with two tackles and also drew two holding penalties in his strongest performance as a Patriot. Haynesworth wasn't as effective in the Week 2 win over the Chargers. Meanwhile, Wright hasn't played since sustaining a concussion in the season opener at Miami. Wright missed the final seven games of 2010 after sustaining a concussion.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Not sure why Edelman is out? He is always out.  I am surprised when he actually plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yeah, I agree its encouraging, but if Hern does play, no way he is 100% and last year with the hip injury in January he was active but wasnt a factor. I wonder if they will try to just get him out there as a decoy and make the jets commit a D.B. to him

I am really surprised about M.Wright, I thought w/that concussion he would shut it down. I cant say we dont need the help, but I hope he is not pushing it and risking his health long term

as far as Aintsworth.....ahhhhh, I'll wait and see if he can practice 2 days in a row...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This has to have some kind of shock effect on the Jests. At least Ryan, now he has to game plan for them. Last thing the Jests want to see is a healthy Hanesworth and or Hernandez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

This is very good news...  just getting Hernandez back on the field will open up Gronkowski and Branch again.... even if he is not 100% it will be huge.

I did not expect Wright back this soon.... also great news. 

...that's in addition to having Rasi Dowling and Bodden back too...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dowling has not played enough for me to depend on him. Sub packages maybe. Ridley same thing. Bodden better pick it up... he's one I do depend on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In Response to Re: Hernandez, Haynesworth, and Wright Return To Practice:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I agree its encouraging, but if Hern does play, no way he is 100% and last year with the hip injury in January he was active but wasnt a factor. I wonder if they will try to just get him out there as a decoy and make the jets commit a D.B. to him I am really surprised about M.Wright, I thought w/that concussion he would shut it down. I cant say we dont need the help, but I hope he is not pushing it and risking his health long term as far as Aintsworth.....ahhhhh, I'll wait and see if he can practice 2 days in a row...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

how is there no way he is 100%?  his initial prognosis said he was only to miss 1-2 weeks.  he's missed 2.  last year's hip injury has nothing to do with this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I am no doctor, but if it was a mcl, he may be feeling well enough to practice some, But I dont see him coming back catching 7 for 120, but I hope im wrong.

This is the NFL, nobody is really 100% after week 1 and a knee inury like that will linger...just like when Mayo came back in 09 from the same injury, he was never the same all year.

Hey Phil if you havent noticed Ras has already been more dependable than Bodden and even the coaches think so.  I think he is our # 2 regardless if Bodden is healthy or not. It will be all about matchups this week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I hope Gerald Warren plays. I thought he did well last year and in the pre-season this year before they let him go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Unless Hernandez is 100%, I'd rather see him sit this one out. The Pats' offense purrs when he plays. Don't want to see him rushed back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really can't believe we'll ever see Wright play again, I hope I'm wrong, but the last two times he played he got concussions...not good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I really can't believe we'll ever see Wright play again, I hope I'm wrong, but the last two times he played he got concussions...not good.

I'm afraid that I think your right. Mike is one of my favorite Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Funny how Welker get blasted every time he touches the ball and hardly ever misses a game.  Then there's Edelman who gets a couple of touches a game yet always misses time.  Yeah people he's defiantly then next Welker.....lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Wright should NOT play in this game...it's going to be a real smash-mouth nutcracker...he'll definitely get his bell rung by the Nyets, on purpose, if for no other reason......if he does, and goes down with another concussion, he's done for the year.....

I cannot believe that Fat Albert will be able to play effectively, if at all....he's woefully out of shape, was before his "back" injury, and he couldn't be any better football conditioned at this point than before the San Diego game where he was pushed over by a guard like a fat bag of potatoes. I bet he's on the list of limited practice just to make the Nyets game plan for him. It would be fantastic if he could play half a game, at least, if he's in any kind of shape, but.....

Mangold is NOT 100%...so he still doesn't bother me, only to the degree he makes the two guards playing next to him better....

Edleman's ankle injury is a perfect example of why he never gets any better as a WR...HE CAN"T STAY HEALTHY....can't play if you're always in the tub!

Hernandez might also be a fake-out by Master Hoodie...it's a long season and they shouldn't let him play unless he's 100%, or as close to 100% as an NFL player ever gets once the season starts.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Hernandez, Haynesworth, and Wright Return To Practice:
    [QUOTE]Funny how Welker get blasted every time he touches the ball and hardly ever misses a game.  Then there's Edelman who gets a couple of touches a game yet always misses time.  Yeah people he's defiantly then next Welker.....lol.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I was just surprised the guy caught a pass to be honest with you and it was a good one at that...of course he got hurt on the play though. I forgot about all the "this guy is the next Welker stuff". 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Usually in New England when players practice they play.  If nothing else, the Jets have to spend valuable time (after the Baltimore game, which took time itself) to plan to cover Aaron Hernandez, to plan to stop Albert Haynesworth (two AH players, slight confusion?) and Mike Wright.  This drives their plans wild. 

The Jets don't actually have a passing game.  Their passing game scored 21 points last Sunday -- for the other team!  Run run run.  That's why the Patriots need a beefed-up defensive line.  Stop the run, apply pressure to the QB, stop the Jets.

Has anyone noticed Thomas Welch, the "tight end" of last week, stepping in and playing 25 snaps on the high-powered Patriots offense?  No, he didn't catch a pass.  However, he blocked for the Patriots' newly revived running game, and he did play tight end in college.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I got high hopes foe Welch. When mike wright retires this year Welch will be my new underdog.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Has anyone noticed Thomas Welch, the "tight end" of last week, stepping in and playing 25 snaps on the high-powered Patriots offense?  No, he didn't catch a pass.  However, he blocked for the Patriots' newly revived running game, and he did play tight end in college.

---------------------
    Didn't notice that.   The TV announcers are really bad about reporting who is in the game, much less why and what that means match-up wise.   Seems 2 or 3 players on each team are chosen (for them), and they just gush about those players all game long.  Shame they don't use the oppty to really explain the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Welch seemed to pick up right where Solder left off as a third "TE" in running formations...I think he did a great job last week...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Glad you brought Welch up.  He did get in on a lot of snaps last week, and I thought he looked very solid blocking.  Much of our running sucess last week had a lot to do with him.  I hope he keeps it up and can stay on the roster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Hopefully this is Haynesworth breakout game with multiple preassures and a few sacks.