Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL

This will suck to not have him in there, huge impact player, will be missed.  Time for Ocho to shine.

Mike Reiss
    Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe () reports that TE Aaron Hernandez has sprained MCL, likely out 1-2 weeks.

Discuss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL

In Response to Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL:
    [QUOTE]This will suck to not have him in there, huge impact player, will be missed.  Time for Ocho to shine. MikeReiss Mike Reiss Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe ( @ shalisemyoung ) reports that TE Aaron Hernandez has sprained MCL, likely out 1-2 weeks. Discuss
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Serious, but it will heal. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This s ucks...I kind of figured that, and 2 weeks is not that bad, but I hope he takes his time.  Mayo came back 2 years ago a little early from his MCL sprain and didnt look the same all season. He needs to get it healed totally, which is more like 3 to 4 weeks usually, but def. a sigh of relief.

Now whats up w/Ras I?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

This stings for sure. A great player who provides a lot of versatility in the passing game. Fortunately it's only a 1-2 week absence. Get him back and healthy for week 5 against the Jets - that's when we're going to really need him. This team is so deep at the TE and WR position that it can withstand not having Hernandez for a short-period of time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He'll be back in time for the Jets, get well soon!

It losses it's dynamic if it's not a duo, Crisis! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They have some guys who can step up.  Too bad though, Hernandez and Gronkowski are killing it.  I think Eric Weddle and Bob Sanders woke up at 2 a.m. having dreams of Pats TEs running amok.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Too bad for Hernnandez, but as long as he heals completely and returns . . . not too big a deal.  Injuries plague this game.  Patriots had been fortunate until yesterday.  I just hope to be at full strength come post-season.  Curious to see if Edelman moves into the slot position against Buf.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

He's a great player for this team, but let's not lose sight of the rest of the offense.  Welker, Branch, Gronk, Woodhead and BJGE are still formidable; PLUS, they have weapons they've barely used to this point.  Ochocinco, Edelman, Price, even Vereen, Ridley and Slater... if 1 or 2 of those guys step up, they'll be better than just "ok".

With Brady, it's good to take away his security blanket, like Hernandez has seemed to become.  Brady's at his best when he's keeping sight of all 5 of his targets on any given play.  And if it's only for 2 games, all the better.

Yes, I just spun a Hernandez injury into a positive.  I'm a glass half-full guy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I hope they sit him for the next two weeks, that way he is close to 100% when it matters most, week 5 against the Yets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

it hurts but he will be back, hopefully by the time we whip up on the jets. on most offenses this would be a huge blow, while it still hurts we have many other options while he is out. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Hernandez out 1 to 2 weeks with sprained MCL:
    [QUOTE]Then if he missed the Oakland game im cool with it. We have that one in the bag IMO.[/QUOTE]
    This is the NFL.  No game is "in the bag."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

It's time to see what Price can do in the passing game.  He's a fairly big WR, 6-0, 205 with 4.40 speed.  Defenses have little tape on him and perhaps we work him in and give more reps to Ocho.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]It's time to see what Price can do in the passing game.  He's a fairly big WR, 6-0, 205 with 4.40 speed.  Defenses have little tape on him and perhaps we work him in and give more reps to Ocho.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Agreed its time to see more Price or Ocho. I liked what I saw from 85 yesterday. He is a spot player now which speaks to our other weapons, but it is good cuz he sort of sneaks on the field and makes plays.  I saw a guy who still has quicks and gets open and will only get better each week and get more involved. If they work him in the gameplan I think 85 could be big next week. I will temper my expectation on Price, cuz I dont know what his deal is....maybe lack of trust from Brady

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Let him get healthy...it's too early in a long season to be concerned....EVERY team will have injuries like this the way the game is today....

I will always remember the look on Weddle's face late in the game yesterday after giving up a touchdown catch against Gronk, the look of total resignation at the hopelessness of his task in trying to stop Gronk in the end zone when it counted...it was a beautiful thing...BWAHAHAHA!!!

BTW...the "great" Bob Sanders didn't look much better either...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Just throwing this out there... but can't Wilfork bring everything to the table that Hernandez has?  Shifty runner, soft hands, big target.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]He's a great player for this team, but let's not lose sight of the rest of the offense.  Welker, Branch, Gronk, Woodhead and BJGE are still formidable; PLUS, they have weapons they've barely used to this point.  Ochocinco, Edelman, Price, even Vereen, Ridley and Slater... if 1 or 2 of those guys step up, they'll be better than just "ok". With Brady, it's good to take away his security blanket, like Hernandez has seemed to become.  Brady's at his best when he's keeping sight of all 5 of his targets on any given play.  And if it's only for 2 games, all the better. Yes, I just spun a Hernandez injury into a positive.  I'm a glass half-full guy.
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

i agree it will give someone else playing time, price maybe?
    i'm more of the glass is improperly designed to contain the specified a amount of liquid guy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

We all know what type of player he is , what he can do for our team. We also know were good enough to win without him , at least for the short term. Lets not rush him back just for the jets game. I haven't read anything about it yet , so i'm just going on what i read here. Physically a "sprained MCL" can and will slow you down and make you feel uncomfortable out. Especially if we try and rush him back , even a week. An injury like that can also affect you mentally , in terms of not trusting yourself to do certain things. have as many weapons as any other team out there , if not more. We still have Gronk who is a top ten TE , in a league full of dynamic beast. If anything I hope we use this as an opportunity to balance out our attack a little bit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Price is turning out to be a Tate clone. You can't make plays while your in the tub! He's got to get healthy....this could be another wasted year in his development, because no matter how many preseason games and passing camps you do well in, the only experience that matters is real game experience...and he has virtually ZILCH...so Price has to be careful...he could find himself out of the league soon if he's not careful.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from headhuntersixsix. Show headhuntersixsix's posts

Honestly Bill must be slipping. This may well be the first time we have a timely status on a player. We know what the injury is and how long the guy might be out. Usually their taking the body out the back as BB tell's us the "player" is day to day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think it will be more than 2 weeks, and so far as conditioning, his injury is not because of that. Its from punks who dive at players knee's to make a tackle, instead of wrapping up a thigh or ankle.  Cant prevent that w/training and last year it was his hip.  Cant prepare for that.

I noticed the 1st time I saw him play that he takes akward hits because he wiggles and shakes alot. Just gonna take time to learn how to adjust and take hits...He need to put his head down and give them a shoulder to hit and protect his knees more.

I wanna see more of Ocho and liek Hambona, I am also worried about Price and his lack of playing time.  Its one thing to not be needed, but we needed that 3rd pick to be a player...if we are set at WR and Price doesnt impact this team till next year, then its a waste, IMO. You can get fast wr's every year so unless he turns into Troy Brown in a few years, I will say we should have drafted #31's replacement or another pass rusher or anything besides another  Wr to fill up the roster for 2 years and be shown the door....uugghhh!  I hate drafting wr's! just too hard to evaulate esp. in this system..Starting to question why we got a guy from such a pedestrian system to have to fight such an uphill battle. Had we taken G.Jennings(sitting right there) in 06 we would be all set at the position.

Its ok for now though, because we have a healthy Branch and Wes tearing it up...