Hernandez taken from his home in handcuffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Hernandez taken from his home in handcuffs

New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 3m

The New England #Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez.

Retweeted by Hartford Courant

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from makinbiscuitz. Show makinbiscuitz's posts

Aaron released by the patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Good stuff. I am not happy about any of this but it is nice to see the Patriots make a quick, decisive decision. Cut ties and move on.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Good stuff. I am not happy about any of this but it is nice to see the Patriots make a quick, decisive decision. Cut ties and move on.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Unfortunately, quick, decisive decisions are often regrettable. I'll give Pats management the benefit of the doubt, and assume they've been made aware of the charges already. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Sad, sad story. The right move by the Patriots. 

I also guess they know what the charges are, and don't like it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

[QUOTE]

At this point I think it is only a matter of time before he is gone. I really don't think the police would be so persistent if he had nothing to do with the murder, and the police are usually pretty good about stuff like this.

In my mind I don't even consider him a Patriot anymore. If he gets away with it and stays on the team I will not root for him. You can tell me I am rushing to judgement but I don't care. 

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

I would think if he is arrested just for obstruction they are having a hard time building the case and need him to talk.

[/QUOTE]

If they have any evidence at all that he was at the scene of the murder or that he helped cover it up by obstruction then the charges automatically get upgraded to accomplish (before or after). Usually the cops use obstruction without arrest just to get a warrent to prevent a suspect from leaving until they gather enough evidence to up the charge. Use to happen all the time where I lived. Even stepping in front of a cop trying to serve a search is enough to get an obstruction charge (which usually gets dropped later but gets you out of the way and keeps you around)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Unless it is just pressure tactics to try to get Hernandez to flip on others, his involvement in the case may be much more direct and serious, and his interactions with the police (who usually are football fans) were really bad over the week while he was being investigated.

When Hernandez is so high profiled in the area and has expensive lawyers, the DA and police would usually let him surrender to the police privately instead of arresting him openly, if his only involvement is obstruction of justice. Also, the organization, which likely knows more about what is going on than any of us, would not take so drastic an action in releasing him so quickly if he only impeded the investigation by destroying potential evidence.

Anyway, I am saddened by this modern day Greek tragedy.

Living well is the best revenge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Peter Wilson ‏@PetesWire 12m

From @AndreaWBZ Family of Odin Llyod just arrived at court. #wbz #patriots

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Patriots decided last week to cut Hernandez if he was arrested Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT Hernandez Police FootballAP

While the move came as a surprise, the Patriots had a plan.

They remained quiet, as they always do.  But they knew all along what they would do when the time came.

Per a league source, the Patriots decided early in the process that, if Hernandez is arrested for crime allegedly occurring in connection with a murder or an investigation of a murder, he will be released.

While it’s possible the Patriots know more about the facts, circumstances, and allegations than the general public, it doesn’t matter.  If/when Hernandez would be arrested, he would be getting cut.

And what a contrast that creates when compared to the way the Ravens treated linebacker Ray Lewis, who was charged with murder and then pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice 13 years ago.  The Ravens unconditionally supported and defended Lewis, culminating in coach Brian Billick angrily telling reporters in the days preceding Super Bowl XXXV that they’re “not qualified” to even ask questions about the situation.

The Patriots, alternatively, have decided quickly and summarily that Hernandez is not qualified to continue working for them.  It’s a decision that was made, we’re told, at the top of the organization, and it’s a standard that the team would apply to any other player or employee facing similar circumstances.

The team moves on and, inasmuch as possible, eliminates the distraction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Well if he was stupid enough to commit murder and botch the cover-up maybe he was stupid enough to put the gun in his locker at Gillette.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

The only thing I dont agree with is that they released him now. Not so we can see if he's innocent or not but that we would wait until he's charged and then release him so we can protect ourselves financially. Unless BB and Kraft know that they wont have to deal with the cap charges now. We'll see.

No, great move by Kraft to release him now.  He has stated, and I am paraphrasing,  that the release is the right thing to do for the organization, the money factor isn't important at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Either he or his chickensht friends will roll over on each other, I have a strong suspicion Hernandez was the trigger man and the guy shot in the face in Florida was his coke dealer... coke and booze has made more men ride off the rails than can be counted.

Please Krafty, have your best lawyers work overtime to get his last contract voided and get us some cap relief...

Remember that I posted this at 9:45 am, by that point a buddy in the Staties told me Hernandez had broken his security system and handed it to them, they turned around and had their IT guys recover the data giving them the images of Hern entering the house with the gun, he handed them the evidence.  

Not only is he a scumbg but he is the dumbest criminal maybe in the history of criminals, he left the body a block from his house for cripessakes!   And for those asking "where is the drug involvement," the guy he shot in Miami was a known coke dealer.  Game over, enjoy life in prison.