Herny released.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Herny released.

ESPN reporting that the Patriots have relaesed the TE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Herny released.

Patriots dump Aaron Hernandez

Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT New York Jets v New England PatriotsGetty Images

So much for a double standard in sports.

The Patriots have released tight end Aaron Hernandez, roughly 90 minutes after he was arrested on a charge that has not yet been identified.

“A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss,” the Patriots announced.  “Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation.  We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing.  We support their efforts and respect the process.  At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”

It’s a shocker, for multiple reasons.  First, the Patriots have abandoned a key player in their offense.  Described by Tom Curran of CSN New England as a Swiss army knife, Hernandez can line up in many spots and do many things for the New England offense.

Second, the move prevents the Patriots from ever recovering a penny of the $12.5 million signing bonus from his 2012 contract extension worth a total of $39 million.  It remains to be seen whether the Patriots will try to avoid paying $3.25 million in a deferred payment due on March 31, 2014, and whether they’ll try to wipe out base-salary guaranteed of $1.323 million in 2013 and $1.137 million in 2014.

Then again, the Patriots may not care about the money.  They’re making a strong statement that they have no use for Hernandez, which makes us wonder what the NFL and the Patriots have learned via their own investigations regarding the murder of Odin Lloyd and Hernandez’s behavior in its aftermath.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

Its the right message to send!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I wonder if they have been told the charges that are against him and that is why they released him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

I wonder if they have been told the charges that are against him and that is why they released him?

They have to know something we don't.  They most likely have been told that Hern is directly tied to the murder in some way or another and will be facing prison time.

I'm glad the Patriots never put up with bullsh*t nonsense.  Good riddance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

No Kraft is mad and embarrassed, in my mind it was his decision to do this. I don't think he cares what the outcome will be  He feels betrayed by a player he gave a lot of money to.. Now Belichick can say -I only discuss the players that are here. So that will take pressure off the team 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

No Kraft is mad and embarrassed, in my mind it was his decision to do this. I don't think he cares what the outcome will be  He feels betrayed by a player he gave a lot of money to.. Now Belichick can say -I only discuss the players that are here. So that will take pressure off the team 

Bingo! 

Wouldn't be surprised if Belichick had no say in the matter whatsoever. Hell, Kraft may have made the decision without ever notifying Belichick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well now we know that Hernandez is as dumb as this guy...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The team will survive!  GO PATS!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Fortunately, only a small amount (7.5 mil) of that huge contract BB gave to Herny will go against this years cap. As Queenie has stated in the past, BB plans on 20 mil of dead money on the cap each year, so it won't be a problem... I guess that's why he's "the best GM in the cap era"

Not if the contract is voided if he is guilty.  Here's a fact which should make you absolutely mortified, even though it won't.

In 3 seasons with the Pats, Hernandez, a 4th rd pick has had a much better career than 1st rd pick Dusty Keller, in 5 seasons.

bwhahah

Oh, the hilarity of knowing whatever a Jets troll says, it can easily be exposed. 

"

Hernandez is still owed $10 million of his $12.5 million signing bonus, but he would not receive any bonuses or salary if he is suspended by the NFL due to a clause in the CBA, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe:

Per Article 4, Section 9 of the CBA, "any player who ... is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration ... may be required to forfeit signing bonus, roster bonus, option bonus and/or reporting bonus, and no other salary, for each league year in which a forfeitable breach occurs."

That is assuming Hernandez would be suspended following the investigation. If he's proven to be innocent and doesn't face any charges or a suspension from the NFL, the Patriots would be forced to take a significant salary cap hit if they released him.

Either way, the Patriots are likely to let the entire situation play out before taking any action. The only benefit they would gain by releasing Hernandez now is to distance themselves from him, but they've already done that to a certain extent by reportedly telling him to stay away from the team's facility. "

Learn the rules, Queenie.  He was cut prior to charges being brought.  He is not available becasue the team chose to cut him.   Moron.

[/QUOTE]

That's correct. All we would be able recoup is his signing bonus money to help against his 8 million dollar cap hit for next season (I believe it would only be the pro rated portion spread out over his deal). The Patriots cut this scum without any care for salary cap implications...why? Because the NFL salary cap is the most fluid thing in sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

See ya!

Hows that "BB Absolutely Nailed this offseason" working for ya Rusty?  In hindsight, dropping wes for under a million in negotiations and then dropping LLoyd , a 70 catch guy slated to make what? 3 million. The guy cant get a 2nd year but Ocho was given a chance after catching NINE passes being paid almost 5 millon?!??!   Yea, he nailed it alright. Looks like he has egg on his face. This doesnt mean Im a troll. It means Im upset about the prospects of yet another failed season due to bad planning. Now you can start your book and spin it any way you like. Brady restructed his contract to be able to throw to the Great Edleman and Slater Combo and has newbies Dobson and Boyce waiting in the wings. Way to treat your Hall of Fame QB and reward him for being unselfish huh?   Wow

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

See ya!

Hows that "BB Absolutely Nailed this offseason" working for ya Rusty?  In hindsight, dropping wes for under a million in negotiations and then dropping LLoyd , a 70 catch guy slated to make what? 3 million. The guy cant get a 2nd year but Ocho was given a chance after catching NINE passes being paid almost 5 millon?!??!   Yea, he nailed it alright. Looks like he has egg on his face. This doesnt mean Im a troll. It means Im upset about the prospects of yet another failed season due to bad planning. Now you can start your book and spin it any way you like. Brady restructed his contract to be able to throw to the Great Edleman and Slater Combo and has newbies Dobson and Boyce waiting in the wings. Way to treat your Hall of Fame QB and reward him for being unselfish huh?   Wow

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

So during a time when the team and fans should pull together, rally, and move forward, we get adversarial posts like this.

Grow up, put your childish grudges aside, and look forward. I have a special feeling about the team this year.

A group of misfits, no-names, and rookies on offense, a revived, young and improving defense. They will be flying under the radar all year; they will be counted out early and disregarded. That's when our Pats excel.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.