Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady:
    I can't believe someone would even POST This!  Brady isn't going to be Traded! You people are crazy!  Stop listening to Felger and being brainwashed! Brady is the REASON why the Patriots are on the MAP and Puts Fannies in the SEATS in Foxboro! PERIOD!  He is the reason WHY Mr Kraft got a chance to BUILD Pats Fantasy/Candy Land down on Rt 1! The Pats will take care of Tom Brady when the time is right!  Kraft isn't a stupid business man.  He knows why he continues to make his Millions! (hint--#12)
    Posted by NOISE

Ok Noise, lets get a few things straight.....Brady is NOT the reason why Kraft built his little empire. The Patriot Team is...You forget a little known Kicker that won the most important games for this team. Matt Cassel proved beyond a doubt that BB's method of play, you can insert a functional quaterback and win. Yes Brady is above average, but when the cost is more than the team can afford to have other quality players to preform then its a wash. The Patriots have proven time and again they marry NO one, and those of you that choose to think he will never be traded or walk are in for a big let down. I have to laugh here becasue you all talk about getting rid of this one and that one and think Brady is the only reason this team is winning, he is not, if that were true they wouldnt need a defense or a running back, or cheerleaders. Noise you better grab your blankie cuz your gonna be crying when they trade poor Tommy .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Nonsense.  Brady isn't going anywhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady : Not agreeing with the original post, nor refuting this one, just some points. Original post said 20% raise but the actual number is 30%. However, that is only for base salary. Signing bonuses are not included in that number so it would have to be up front money + 30% on top of what he already makes (that's in general, lots of ways to play with the numbers). This second post is asking whether the 49ers would be giving up too much. Considering that the Bears gave up two 1st, a 3rd and their own starting QB, I don't think it's too far off, but maybe a bit. Yes, I realize Cutler is younger but he is nowhere near the caliber of QB of Brady.
    Posted by Wingnut11

Lets not forget the age factor as well. Cutler's @ least 6-7 yrs younger than Brady. And caliber has something to do with but not all. McNabb went for a 2nd and he's superior to Cutler. I think you'd have to measure in alot of "unknown factors" as well. Whether thats a coach on the hot seat desparate for job security or an owner looking to draw notice to his organzatoin. And get the fans amped up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

A lot of good points here but the bottom line is this:

If Kraft can make Brady the highest paid player in team history without crippling the team to do it, he will.  If Brady however wants to chase 15 million or more a year type money, he will play out his final year here under a franchise tag. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

never happen, Kraft will pay him what he deserves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady : Ok Noise, lets get a few things straight.....Brady is NOT the reason why Kraft built his little empire. The Patriot Team is...You forget a little known Kicker that won the most important games for this team. Matt Cassel proved beyond a doubt that BB's method of play, you can insert a functional quaterback and win. Yes Brady is above average, but when the cost is more than the team can afford to have other quality players to preform then its a wash. The Patriots have proven time and again they marry NO one, and those of you that choose to think he will never be traded or walk are in for a big let down. I have to laugh here becasue you all talk about getting rid of this one and that one and think Brady is the only reason this team is winning, he is not, if that were true they wouldnt need a defense or a running back, or cheerleaders. Noise you better grab your blankie cuz your gonna be crying when they trade poor Tommy .
    Posted by JerrySpringer

I don't know what you saw in Cassel.  He took a stacked SB team coming off a 16-0 season and managed to make them miss the playoffs.  Brady took over a 5-11 team and made them SB champions.  Cassel could not throw a deep ball and held onto the ball way too long.  He has led the league in sacks the last two years.  He was OK, but Cassel is not good enough and he probably never will be. 
    I know Brady is just a man but if you don't think he is one of the greatest QB's in NFL history than I don't know what you are looking at.  Brady is the best QB the Pats will ever have and I don't see any reason to get rid of him.  Whoever takes over after Brady will have a 99.99% chance of not being as good.  It's possible for him to get traded but I really doubt it.  We are not talking about Law or Milloy or Seymour- Brady is the franchise, and he's a HOFer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Ok, Cassel didn't make the team miss the playoffs.  the defense did that.  Cassel did very well.  And Brady didn't build the franchise, he was just part of it.  A big part, but in those sb winning years, the defense was as big or bigger.  The offense functioned, but it was defensive stops, takeaways and scoring that got the deal done.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Two things here , first , you'll never see another " Walker " trade again. Never , not in todays NFL , the draft is extremely important to far too many teams. You can look at almost every good , great , elite team in todays game and find that they got to where they are by using the draft. Again , look at the up and coming and teams on the cusp like the jets , Card's , Bengals , and 'Fins. Even teams like the Rams and Lions look like the have some real promise and good do something in 2-3 years. Then you have teams Colts , Pats , Ravens , Steelers and even Saints ( to an extent ) , all have won at least 1 SB and all are considered teams that always have a chance year in , year out.
     Second , Tom Brady isnt going anywhere ... period. He has all the leverage , the Pats have absolutely none. Franchise QBs that have won multiple SBs dont come along that often. A team is lucky to ever have one! Ask the Lions how long they've been waiting for Stafford or the jets how long they've been waiting to replace Drunkin' Joe. Brady is a once in a lifetime QB. Manning will no doubt go down as a top 5 QB and Brady is the better QB by a good mile. And lets say we do get rid of him , whats our back up plan. We'll be back at square one looking for another franchise QB. Say what you want about him , " he's not the same guy " , " he doesnt have that killer drave anymore " , Ill take Brady over almost any QB ever. And I have no problem signing him to a 5-6 year deal. Plus here's another reason why 12 is going nowhere , name me a elite/franchise free-agent QB that has ever left his team ... none that I can think of and 12 wont be the first. Too mant seats/boxes to fill , packages to sell ... the whole Pats place rest on his shoulders ... its almost like " you can put the Earth on his shoulders " . LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

I hate being this guy , but you have no idea what your talking about. Seriously , you dont know the first thing about football. You really think Matt Cassell is a good QB? He eye balled every WR for 10-15 yards before throwing to them , couldnt throw the deep ball to save his life and yea was great if you like 11 yards passes all day. Randy Moss killed it that year and Cassell missed him for an easy 6-7 TD's. Cassell was only 60% at hitting air for Christ sake! And saying that our D let us down that year shows how little you know/understand about the game. BTW , how's Cassell doing now? Oh thats right , he was benched for Brody Croyle last year! LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Let's not get carried away here.

Pats' fans who have been paying attention know what Matt Cassell was and what he was not. Yes . . .  the Pats did well enough with Cassell at the helm, but that is because they were able to tailor the offense to his strengths (and a quarterback whose "strength" is pulling the ball down and running up the open middle of the field is not going to take you very far) and because they were solid enough around him to still maintain their position as a top-tier team even with a scattershot offense

This plays into the hands of those who say that Brady is not very important -- if a schlub like Cassell can take them within a whisker of the playoffs -- but don't kid yourselves. Cassell blows, has blown and will blow. The reason he had any success at all was because he had the supporting cast of a juggernaut offense and defenses had no idea what he might do.

I actually kind of hope some of these "fans" who think the Pats would be wise to jettison one of the best quarterbacks in the game in a quarterback-driven league will stick around long enough to see what happens after Brady retires. But I don't really expect that.

If Jerry Springer is your idea of happening comedy, I'm afraid there may not be much hope for you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Let's not get carried away here. Pats' fans who have been paying attention know what Matt Cassell was and what he was not. Yes . . .  the Pats did well enough with Cassell at the helm, but that is because they were able to tailor the offense to his strengths (and a quarterback whose "strength" is pulling the ball down and running up the open middle of the field is not going to take you very far) and because they were solid enough around him to still maintain their position as a top-tier team even with a scattershot offense This plays into the hands of those who say that Brady is not very important -- if a schlub like Cassell can take them within a whisker of the playoffs -- but don't kid yourselves. Cassell blows, has blown and will blow. The reason he had any success at all was because he had the supporting cast of a juggernaut offense and defenses had no idea what he might do. I actually kind of hope some of these "fans" who think the Pats would be wise to jettison one of the best quarterbacks in the game in a quarterback-driven league will stick around long enough to see what happens after Brady retires. But I don't really expect that. If Jerry Springer is your idea of happening comedy, I'm afraid there may not be much hope for you.
    Posted by p-mike

You da man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady is a HoF QB and Cassel couldn't hold his jock strap.

But, in Cassel's defense, for a kid who hadn't played much since high school, he improved every week and he would have done some damage in the playoffs had their 11-5 record made it in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Brady is a HoF QB and Cassel couldn't hold his jock strap. But, in Cassel's defense, for a kid who hadn't played much since high school, he improved every week and he would have done some damage in the playoffs had their 11-5 record made it in.
    Posted by digger0862

Absolutely. By no means am I or p-mike saying that Cassel was a terrible QB. He was a great kid who stepped into his role and made a valiant effort in keeping this team still going. Stats and records aside, the psychology of the moment was also huge. Imagine that veteran team coming off a Super Bowl loss if the new kid stepped in and just couldn't play worth a lick. I think the entire team rallied around this kid and realized, "you know what? we still may have something here." That's a testament to McDaniels, Belichick and most importantly, Cassel. For a kid that's never played much in college, he stepped in and did extremely well. It's not his fault the game plan was formulated a certain way. He did what was asked of him.

The point is that the morons who thought it'd be better to ditch Brady for Cassel considering the aforementioned circumstances that p-mike outlined are complete dumb@sses. Brady last year still had his second best statistical season and this was coming off a gruesome knee injury and on an offense that had some major, major weaknesses from coaching to o-line at times to running backs and the lack of a tightend and third receiver.

Those guys don't grow on trees so don't be so quick to pull the trigger on trades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady : Absolutely. By no means am I or p-mike saying that Cassel was a terrible QB. He was a great kid who stepped into his role and made a valiant effort in keeping this team still going. Stats and records aside, the psychology of the moment was also huge. Imagine that veteran team coming off a Super Bowl loss if the new kid stepped in and just couldn't play worth a lick. I think the entire team rallied around this kid and realized, "you know what? we still may have something here." That's a testament to McDaniels, Belichick and most importantly, Cassel. For a kid that's never played much in college, he stepped in and did extremely well. It's not his fault the game plan was formulated a certain way. He did what was asked of him. The point is that the morons who thought it'd be better to ditch Brady for Cassel considering the aforementioned circumstances that p-mike outlined are complete dumb@sses. Brady last year still had his second best statistical season and this was coming off a gruesome knee injury and on an offense that had some major, major weaknesses from coaching to o-line at times to running backs and the lack of a tightend and third receiver. Those guys don't grow on trees so don't be so quick to pull the trigger on trades.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Oh I see so now everyone that thinks Brady should be traded in the future are Morons. Im guessing your some sort of genius that holds the key to the Patriots future is that it? Let's take a look shall we? Without a defense Brady will take this team NO WHERE. Without an offensive line, Brady keeps getting clobbered. Without Running Backs, Bradys air attack can, will, and has only gone so far. NO ONE here is say Brady isnt a great QB, or hall of fame guy. No one here is saying Matt Cassel is a great quaterback either. But without a team around you, even the Great PEYTON MANNING cant win alone (cough!). Now for you supposed genius in football you obviously dont have a clue about business. Brady was not, is not, and never will be totally responsible for all the Patriot wins or Super Bowls, there was an outstanding defense, running back, KICKER!, Can you see the Picture genius???? Is it comming clearer yet? Brady in New England will NEVER win another Super Bowl, why? because they dont have a great TEAM. BB is trying to form that and I hope he will, but see us morons look at the big picture and stop staring at posters of Tom, like you do here. One man, does not a team make, proof? Even the great Randy Moss addition has not brought back the Super Bowl. So you better hope the Patriots win it this year or you'll be eating crow as the new morons. Nuff said , it's a dead issue only to watch the outcome unfold this season. I will be busting your nuts all year for calling us morons each time they lose. Have a Nice Day Pumpkin! Yell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady:
    Hello, My question is who will take him, why, for how much, and what will we receive in return? Assuming Brady gets franchised next year, a scenario that i feel is plausible based on the facts that the patriots cannot structure a lucrative contract without violating the modified 2010 CBA... Brady is only allowed to make correct me if i am wrong 20% more than the current face value of his salary???? Without causing detriment to the team in 2011 or causing retroactive penalties under the new CBA when it evolves. If he is fact Franchised next year, and he plays under the TAG he would secure the average of the top three earners @ the QB position roughly 16 million per year... He could be TAG again if he agrees to play under the tag without a guarantee that he will not be tagged again like Julieous Pepers did for the past two years in Carolina. If he does indeed sign a clause with the Patriots that would protect him from a tag in the subsequent year........ a clause the Patriots would opt out of in my opinion..... he will be traded. To whom? What will we receive in return? And how much will his new contract be for? My opinion 1) San Fransico 2) 1st in 2012, 1st in 2013, 2nd, 3rd and 4th 2012 plus a 2013 2nd 3) Payment, 5 years 120,000 million 60 million guaranteed
    Posted by tagandtrade

This may have been discussed already, but isn't the availability of the tag for 2011 in doubt?

The current CBA expires in March 2011 and applies to league years. While the 2012 league year will have already started, any tag applied in February of 2011 seems to me to end with the end of the CBA.

Yes, a new CBA may be in place by then, but these are the current conditions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady : Ok Noise, lets get a few things straight.....Brady is NOT the reason why Kraft built his little empire. The Patriot Team is...You forget a little known Kicker that won the most important games for this team. Matt Cassel proved beyond a doubt that BB's method of play, you can insert a functional quaterback and win. Yes Brady is above average, but when the cost is more than the team can afford to have other quality players to preform then its a wash. The Patriots have proven time and again they marry NO one, and those of you that choose to think he will never be traded or walk are in for a big let down. I have to laugh here becasue you all talk about getting rid of this one and that one and think Brady is the only reason this team is winning, he is not, if that were true they wouldnt need a defense or a running back, or cheerleaders. Noise you better grab your blankie cuz your gonna be crying when they trade poor Tommy .
    Posted by JerrySpringer

While what you are saying is true, you are leaving out a few things.

Yes, Kraft did not build the empire because of Brady. However, Brady (and winning) puts people in the seats. He is the face of the franchise and people identify him as THE NE Patriots. Despite all any other player has done (Vinatieri included), people think of TB when they think of the Pats.

Coach and owner favorites. Yes, the Pats org runs it like a business as they should, but both Belichick and Kraft have noted (without saying whom) there are some players you just don't trade or let go. I personally think this short list is limited to the TBs (Brady, Bruschi and Brown) of which only Tom is left. Yes, they cut Brown but it was with the intention of bringing him back for less money. These players are viewed by the organization as epitomizing the Patriot Way and I think that gives them more than a little cachet when it comes time to retain them.

I am not saying your points are incorrect - One really shouldn't be surprised by any maneuverings by the Pats - but I would say that this is minimized in the case of Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Brady will retire a Patriot. He will get a contract before his current one runs out, the Patriots will not franchise him, and he will in no way be traded.

We have the best QB in the League, we just gave him three-four weapons from the draft/ free-agency, why would we part ways with him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Springer"  It will not happen.  Brady will retire a Pat for the same reason the Pats signed Wilfork and all the others.  They cannot afford to be seen as the team that does not pay if they ever want to get free agents to look their way.  Moss was challenging them when he made his statement that they do not pay.  Look how much they gave Moss when he arrived, so you know he was baiting them. He got a nice chunk of change.  He just wants more now.  He got rid of his agent so he can keep the agent commission for himself. As a businessman, Kraft needs to have a good product, so he needs his"products", the players, to want to play here. It will get done.  Winning championships solves all problems, and without Brady, they would be years away from another one. Cassell may have played well under the "system", but where did he get them?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I'll sure be glad when the season starts, maybe then we'll have some sensible topics to discuss, instead of this speculation about TB contract. You think Bill an Bob are that stupid to let him go??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Bradys not going anywhere simple.

If he were to be traded his value is like 3 first rounders and a second. Thats 4 players and I doubt any team is willing to part with years of draft picks.

Brady is going to be in his prime for the next 4-5 years why trade that away or really basically give it away? No reason. NE fans want an excuse to drive out Brady. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady : Oh I see so now everyone that thinks Brady should be traded in the future are Morons. Im guessing your some sort of genius that holds the key to the Patriots future is that it? Let's take a look shall we? Without a defense Brady will take this team NO WHERE. Without an offensive line, Brady keeps getting clobbered. Without Running Backs, Bradys air attack can, will, and has only gone so far. NO ONE here is say Brady isnt a great QB, or hall of fame guy. No one here is saying Matt Cassel is a great quaterback either. But without a team around you, even the Great PEYTON MANNING cant win alone (cough!). Now for you supposed genius in football you obviously dont have a clue about business. Brady was not, is not, and never will be totally responsible for all the Patriot wins or Super Bowls, there was an outstanding defense, running back, KICKER!, Can you see the Picture genius???? Is it comming clearer yet? Brady in New England will NEVER win another Super Bowl, why? because they dont have a great TEAM. BB is trying to form that and I hope he will, but see us morons look at the big picture and stop staring at posters of Tom, like you do here. One man, does not a team make, proof? Even the great Randy Moss addition has not brought back the Super Bowl. So you better hope the Patriots win it this year or you'll be eating crow as the new morons. Nuff said , it's a dead issue only to watch the outcome unfold this season. I will be busting your nuts all year for calling us morons each time they lose. Have a Nice Day Pumpkin!

Posted by JerrySpringer

So . . .  your take is that if Brady has no supporting cast, he will get killed and the Pats will lose?

Is that your take?

How on God's green earth did you ever figure out that football is a team sport?

Wow!

Seriously . . .

that's freaking brilliant.

You should be the coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Springer your called a moron because you sound like one! How do I know this , because I read your dumbazz post! LOL!  What exactly is your point , w/out an O-line QB's will get slammed all day? W/out a RB teams will focus and takeaway the pass. Great insight , you should have your own show on Fox News. You argue that you cant win unless you have a " team " around you. Ok , but how is getting rid of a top 5 all time QB good for your " team ". Having a franchise QB almost goes hand and hand if you want to win in todays NFL. You would you replace 12 w/ , you do realize that QB's like him come around once every 30-40 years. Look at what a guy like Cassell did when we had him. Nothing , absolutely nothing! He caught teams off guard and played behind a top 5 O-line , top 3 WR corp and a pretty good D. If you watched any games that year Cassell didnt win any games for us. Our D stepped up , WR's did what they could even though he couldnt throw past 11 yards and our O-line was scrammbling for their life because Cassell didnt have a clue. He locked onto one WR and eyed him until he made the pass. Look at how many good teams there are out there that all they need is a QB. Look at what Favre did for Minnesota. You need a franchise QB in todays game if you want to be a serious contender. And no team will ever give up half as much as the Vikings did for Walker. It'll never happen , not even close! And Ill ask the q's again , name me one elite QB that has ever left his team because of F/A? LOL NEW THREAD!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Springer your called a moron because you sound like one! How do I know this , because I read your dumbazz post! LOL!  What exactly is your point , w/out an O-line QB's will get slammed all day? W/out a RB teams will focus and takeaway the pass. Great insight , you should have your own show on Fox News. You argue that you cant win unless you have a " team " around you. Ok , but how is getting rid of a top 5 all time QB good for your " team ". Having a franchise QB almost goes hand and hand if you want to win in todays NFL. You would you replace 12 w/ , you do realize that QB's like him come around once every 30-40 years. Look at what a guy like Cassell did when we had him. Nothing , absolutely nothing! He caught teams off guard and played behind a top 5 O-line , top 3 WR corp and a pretty good D. If you watched any games that year Cassell didnt win any games for us. Our D stepped up , WR's did what they could even though he couldnt throw past 11 yards and our O-line was scrammbling for their life because Cassell didnt have a clue. He locked onto one WR and eyed him until he made the pass. Look at how many good teams there are out there that all they need is a QB. Look at what Favre did for Minnesota. You need a franchise QB in todays game if you want to be a serious contender. And no team will ever give up half as much as the Vikings did for Walker. It'll never happen , not even close! And Ill ask the q's again , name me one elite QB that has ever left his team because of F/A? LOL NEW THREAD!
    Posted by ONE-TIME

Wow Im sure gald you cleared that up, your my new idol, for idiots. Go back to your comic books please..... your going to get a nose bleed trying to think. When the Patriots finish either second or third this season and are another one and done (IF) they get to the playoffs, then you tell me how good Tom was.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Springer"  It will not happen.  Brady will retire a Pat for the same reason the Pats signed Wilfork and all the others.  They cannot afford to be seen as the team that does not pay if they ever want to get free agents to look their way.  Moss was challenging them when he made his statement that they do not pay.  Look how much they gave Moss when he arrived, so you know he was baiting them. He got a nice chunk of change.  He just wants more now.  He got rid of his agent so he can keep the agent commission for himself. As a businessman, Kraft needs to have a good product, so he needs his"products", the players, to want to play here. It will get done.  Winning championships solves all problems, and without Brady, they would be years away from another one. Cassell may have played well under the "system", but where did he get them?
    Posted by boomerst3
    Your not getting what Im saying. Its not about Cassel, he doesnt matter. The Point was a good quaterback under BB will do well.  Moss arrived and still no NEW rings. Everyone here is so high on this draft and thats fine, but lets just wait to see what happens. Then we can see who's right and who's wrong, if Im wrong I will say so. But most of the BOZO"S here mouthing off as if they owend the Patriots and have a clue whats going to happen make me laugh. How many of these keybopard geniuses got just 1 pick right this draft for the PAtriots? ahhhhhhh, NOT 1. End of story!Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Herschel Walker "THE TRADE" part 2 staring Tom Brady : So . . .  your take is that if Brady has no supporting cast, he will get killed and the Pats will lose? Is that your take? How on God's green earth did you ever figure out that football is a team sport? Wow! Seriously . . . that's freaking brilliant. You should be the coach.
    Posted by p-mike

p-mike dont even go there, you know you dont have a clue about what your going to do 5 minutes from now let alone running a football team. Go back to your x-box John Madden Football and beat those 6 year olds online, then come and talk to us.